• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd love to see mental gymnastics they'd have to pull to make that somewhat believable.
"Because both characters scale to higher-dimensional cosmologies of unclear size, and as both have consistently inconsistent portrayals of strength, it is difficult to say who would definitively be the winner. This battle is a tie."

(The casualty can be the entire Battle-boarding community. Insert Boomstick pun)

That one comic where Superman prevents a woman from committing suicide, staying with her for hours and encourages her to not give up on life, citing that even if it seems bad at first, they'll always be good days once again at the end of the tunnel, is positively one of the most peak comic moments of all time.

It's genuinely criminal that Goku vs Superman 2, and shit like the DC Extended Universe, opted to just ignore the sheer humanity and compassion which seeps through Clark's heart and soul by either making him look like a gary stu or a brooding character when it goes against the point of Superman's character. But yes man, Superman is just absolutely wonderful and it reminds me of a quote from Grant Morrison on Superman's character: "Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down."

The way this season is going I doubt the fight will be bad
We never question on the fight choreography (well we touched a little since Torrian left Screwattack before it was acquired by Rooster Teeth).

Most people complain (really hard) on why a reexamination on a "correct" and "dead" verdict when Goku and Superman can fight against other characters, making them (and the series as a whole) more interesting.

But according to Raven vs Phoenix, it can't. If a herald tier DC character can beat the 3rd strongest being in all of Marvel's cosmology then a Marvel herald shouldn't ever get a win against a DC herald again. But that clearly didn't happen.

Yeah, that's the point. If the matches were based solely on past fights then Manhunter should've stomped Surfer into the ground a million times over based on the result of Raven vs Phoenix. But that didn't happen. Saying that Superman would beat Goku solely because a past fight put DC above Dragon Ball isn't a valid criticism.
Raven VS Jean wasn’t due to AP, it was due to hax. They argued that Raven could bypass Phoenix’s durability entirely by attacking and destroying her soul while Rachael herself being harder to put down, she could consistently escape the WHR making it an unreliable wincon for her opponent, and that neither really took to stat trinity due to marvel and dc being similar in cosmology because they love ripping each other off. Of course whether you agree with all of this is another matter but it isn’t that “a mere DC herald can solo all of marvel” it’s more like “this dc herald can scale to similar cosmologies with leeway and more importantly has counters to the flaming god bird that other opponents allegedly don’t”

I don't think they outright mischaracterized Superman, I think they did but they didn't do it to the same degree as Goku.

Goku is literally the human condition put into one dude. Goku lives and breaths to struggle to become more, and he enjoys every last second of it.

If he found out that there was one dude he could never beat Goku would die the happiest man in the universe. He would never stop going back to fight Superman, because that's literally what his wish is in a fundamental level.

Goku at the beginning of the series went to go train with Roshi the minute talks about wishes and what people wanted in their lives comes up. Because at first Goku was just there along for the ride, the moment he has the decision to do what he wants, he goes to someone who instills in him to never stop struggling.

His wish to have Buu reborn so he could fight him again as a good guy is basically his wish from OG Dragon Ball, he wants new horizons to explore, forever and ever.

So you expect to tell me he gets a taste of Superman and his ass writing and 'he can do anything that's the character' shit, and decides to stop challenging him?

Yeah, **** off.

image0.jpg
"One Last Time"

Honestly the biggest mischaracterization of Superman was during the fight itself, not anything the analysis said. Superman takes the fight to a city and then tells Goku he'd prefer not to destroy the planet a second time.

Like bro what that ain't supes
This is something that bugs me about GvS2, because even in the first fight there were a few moments where Clark is trying to incapacitate Goku and trying to tell him to stop fighting before things escalate. But in GvS2? As you said, Superman takes the fight to what it is likely a crowded city and knocks Goku through several buildings in broad daylight yet tries to tell Goku to be careful before they end up destroying the planet again.

Honestly if there was one aspect that should've been in GvS2, it's more moments of Superman trying to knock Goku out without killing him or using enough force to make Goku believe he's outmatched so they stop fighting before having to take him out lethally for the sake of innocents or maintaining the status of the planet. And yes I understand that Death Battle's rules are that you throw out a character's morals to see who wins a Death Battle, regardless if the character's got a strict code of mercy and no killing, but for Superman it would've made more sense for him to be gentle throughout the fight before realizing he has no choice.

Realistically, if it's truly CC Goku, his final state here should be Universal Blue, with the Universe Tree behind him and 6 Keyswords surrounding him lol

But if course it will be a Ultra Instinct as his final state sigh
They've composited stuff like Key Sword with the Spirit Bomb Sword and the Kaioken SSJ4 Kamehameha (which of course, later happened in SDBH).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Universe Tree Ultra Instinct.

They've composited stuff like Key Sword with the Spirit Bomb Sword and the Kaioken SSJ4 Kamehameha (which of course, later happened in SDBH).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Universe Tree Ultra Instinct.
**** it. If he's gonna lose go out with a bang.

Universe Tree True Ultra Instinct Goku with the Awakened Keysword fusing with the audience via God Fusion technique.

Though. I dunno if this was brought up (cause im not reading 8 ******* pages)
But are they gonna include jump force goku? If so. Ya think they would buy the “trancending shonen jump” thing?

Though. I dunno if this was brought up (cause im not reading 8 ******* pages)
But are they gonna include jump force goku?
Probably not, they only mentioned SDBH
If so. Ya think they would buy the “trancending shonen jump” thing?
No one in Jump Force really transcended "fiction", the villain of the game just wanted to merge the real world with the fictional one

Back