• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, you want schizo theories? It seems this being a cash grab view printer only is common theory, but why else would they GvS3?

The show's creator, Ben Singer is a normal person. Bless him for that, for he isnt quite rotten brained like most people on internet like me. He created the most popular VS show on accident. He didnt even realize people cared that much until he killed the Turtles. Now, he killed Goku. Also bless him for standing to his opinion, but he killed Goku. A lot of people didnt like that. Hell, I think its possible millions hate him. Can you imagine that? Million+ people hatting you and/or your show? That is mortifying to think about. I would be troubled by that. And then due to meddling he did it again. Even worse, apparently person at con hit him in the head and they even had to ask security to help them. That is awful. Traumatizing even. Not helping much, a lot of people now write off your entire series. Its bad. But then after slump of S3-S4, you gain more enthusiasm. You improve your animations to next level. Esp. this year has been phenomenal in animation. Ben and his team should be proud of what they have done.

And yet people write this show off.

It doesnt matter that current VS circle still likes DB, they can never reach true new growth period by being still considered bad by decent majority. And while arguably due to numerous reasons, it likely stems from killing Goku. God, entire Dragon Ball community likely writes them off as whatever. I wouldnt want to be considered a joke. So clearly he has tried to please DBZ fans. Why else would he try to say in Twitter "DBZ fans, look how much we have improved!" after Broly killed Hulk. And honestly, they didnt care. And this was before them giving DBZ another 3 loss streak. Hell, it might be why Gogeta vs Vegito happened, they wanted to do a "love letter" to DBZ... and clearly that didnt work either.

Now, we know GvS2 sucks. We've been discussing it for the 2 & half years Ive been here. We know. And Ben knows. Hell, he personally knows it the best. Its his least favorite episode. These last 7-8 years have been not perfect because he publicly messed it up bad. And he wants to make it up. None of previous eps helped, so **** it might as well do GvS3. Seriously work on the analysis and make sure to not disrespect anyone. DJ said on Twitter about this. They legitimately want to create episode that honors Goku and wants to atone for the past mistakes.

and they are killing Goku again ******* lmaoooooooo

Ben is a man who is chasing an unicorn. We humans are less smarter than we attempt to be. In reality we are closer to Saiyans. Because we have primordial monkey brains who like to UNGA BUNGA and have their favorites win. Why else would anyone bother to make SpongeBob universal?

In order to gain the trust, Goku would need to win. Does DBZ deserves this much positive treatment? No, its just one verse among others. Hell, arguably even if Goku somehow would win lol its possible DBZ fans would still reject DB. Its a lost clause.

Bonus theory: its possible the yes-men of DB team convinced GvS3 with Goku L would be fine if they respected him in analysis. **** that if that happened.

So yeah, a normal person is feeling awful about his past mistakes and tries to atone for them. I cant blame him. Will he able to gain the respect he lost years ago?

No

Ben and Death Battle will never gain the respect back from those burned out by GvS1+2 EVER

I mean I guess if Goku wins, but we basically repeated the same joke DB already did :^)

Also, I don't know if this was already said but I'm pretty sure the TOC winner won't be announced this week. Don't quote me on that though.

Jumping back to the newest episode for a mo, kinda felt like the set up hyped up the Doc a lot more than Rick.

Same with the music. Kinda feels a bit lopsided there (not that I'm complaining much).

17005759840876379859992688478829.jpg
17006002674762899677718812281247.jpg

If they ever do Yuji in a DB I hope he goes against Allen Walker.

**** ton of similarities, and I mean a **** ton of connections I'll post.

I wish I could reach any level of excitement at all. Way better MU's for both characters that aren't tainted by the sheer fuckery of past episodes.

Plus the result is so telegraphed by their own admission and past episodes dealing with their cosmology. And the result is either a dead horse or a pity win.

It would be so nice if this was Goku and Superman's first time on the show. Oh well.

The only chance that i can see for a Goku Victory is if they buy the 5D timelines stuff or immeasurable speed for Heroes (which is unlikely)
Just wait for the G1 blog tbh.

Yall need some patience, wait for them to make the prediction blogs and go from there.

They could wank Goku to win, or apply the classic No limits fallacy to Supes to give him the win. Ultimately it'll depend on the "researchers" to decide who wins.

Although I think it's bullshit because Goku and Superman would never kill each other. Superman would just scan Goku's brain and think he has the mentality of a child and probably just fly tf away.

The only chance that i can see for a Goku Victory is if they buy the 5D timelines stuff or immeasurable speed for DB Heroes (which is unlikely)
7D and Infinite x Immeasurable speed and he's still not winning.

Superman will be scaled to the full cosmology of DC.

This is essentially Goku vs The Prescence. Or Goku vs Lucifer.

There is a chance I eat my words, but I think this is a pretty safe assumption. I guess we'll see.

There is a chance I eat my words, but I think this is a pretty safe assumption. I guess we'll see.
Ins´t Infinite frontiers Superman just a composite of "pre crisis + post crisis + post-flashpoint + new 52 + rebirth"?

Honestly this is one of the matches where I wish we'd be so wrong and Goku wins, I've never wanted to be so wrong about something and for DB to subvert expectations.

COPIUM.webp

Honestly this is one of the matches where I wish we'd be so wrong and Goku wins, I've never wanted to be so wrong about something and for DB to subvert expectations.

COPIUM.webp

I have never felt so confident in someone winning. Not even Omniman vs Homelander gave me this level of assurance.

Look Goku is eating an L against Clark again
ya have a better chance at seeing world peace happening than a Goku W on death battle against Superman 😂
Basically

Back