• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You can go anywhere from 2-A to 1-A with Doctor Who, but even basic interpretations have higher dimensions. It's highly unlikely he won't at least be Low 1-C.

Rick is anywhere from tier 2 to Low 1-C from my understanding.

But the Doctor has a ridiculous amount of hax, is faster, is flat out smarter, and has thousands to billions of years of more experience. Fighting geniuses every day is what the Doctor does, including beings that are literally nigh-omniscient.

Plus, unlike Rick, the Doctor can take on forms that are flat out higher-dimensional to the point of immeasurable speeds.
Tbf Rick does hold a few advantages of his own, he's much more ruthless and bloodthirsty than the Doctor and despite it being his failsafe the Doctor's regeneration isn't perfect, time lords can outright die if the damage is too severe and haven't been shown to regenerate from nothing. Which could've snatch Rick a W in some scenarios.

Tbf Rick does hold a few advantages of his own, he's much more ruthless and bloodthirsty than the Doctor and despite it being his failsafe the Doctor's regeneration isn't perfect, time lords can outright die if the damage is too severe and haven't been shown to regenerate from nothing. Which could've snatch Rick a W in some scenarios.
This is true. The Doctor's not durable enough to resist Rick's weaponry. But that is true vice-versa. The Doctor is also notably quicker (with far better reactions) and can avoid Rick a lot easier.

Regeneration energy can also be used as a weapon, and the Doctor has infinite usage thanks to... poor writing.

Rick has wincons, they're just very unlikely.

That depends on the version of the doctor.
Also the doctor isn't technically a timelord (god I hate the 13th era).

That depends on the version of the doctor.
Also the doctor isn't technically a timelord.
nerd-nerdy.gif

This is true. The Doctor's not durable enough to resist Rick's weaponry. But that is true vice-versa. The Doctor is also notably quicker (with far better reactions) and can avoid Rick a lot easier.

Regeneration energy can also be used as a weapon, and the Doctor has infinite usage thanks to... poor writing.

Rick has wincons, they're just very unlikely.
Correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't fully caught up with R&M but doesn't his nigh-immortiality via project phoenix also make Rick virtually impossible to kill by conventional means? So both can regenerate from physical damage no?

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't fully caught up with R&M but doesn't his nigh-immortiality via project phoenix also make Rick virtually impossible to kill by conventional means? So both can regenerate from physical damage no?
I’m pretty sure DB is gonna say the Doctor’s hax bypasses the Phoenix Project, specifically this:

"When its trigger was pulled, the De-mat Gun would fire a beam that erased its target from reality itself. It did so by scanning its target's timeline, identifying every particle that ever interacted with their body, and then using its superpowerful quantum computer, linked to the Homeworld's causal nexus, to remodel everything else in creation without the target. From the user's perspective, the machine didn't harm anything, but from the victim's point of view, they were suddenly built out of molecules that the universe didn't remember. Despite having no physical form, no past, and no present, the victim would nonetheless continue to exist as a "naked soul"."

Existence erasure (which he has done onto others), sealing, or rewriting the entire multiverse is things the Doctor can do among other options.

Not to mention Rick's dialogue implies the amount is limited.

Existence erasure (which he has done onto others), sealing, or rewriting the entire multiverse is things the Doctor can do among other options.

Not to mention Rick's dialogue implies the amount is limited.
From my understanding outside the finite curve there still could be an infinite number of Rick's he can use as meat shields, so I'd be willing to give benefit of doubt. Could I see the quote anyway?

But yeah you're right, The Doctor's both well equipped and easily intelligent enough to deduce pheonix and apply those options.

Characters this Season that can destroy the universe or more: Ant-Man, Atom (via chain reaction), John Dark Souls, Jim Skyrim, Stitch, Rocket Raccoon, Phoenix, Raven, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Bill Cipher, Discord, Frieza, Megatron, Scooby Doo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rick Sanchez, The Doctor

From my understanding outside the finite curve there still could be an infinite number of Rick's he can use as meat shields, so I'd be willing to give benefit of doubt. Could I see the quote anyway?
Well, it's based on the quote where Rick says there's only so many universes he and Morty can escape to live in. Though I guess we don't know if there's more now the finite curve is gone. At the same time, all his feats were confined to just the curve.

No matter the version, The Doctor always has at least ONE gigachad speech. It is a tragedy that end clips and clips in general were removed from the show. I legitimately think ot makes the project suffer because of its absence!
A few favourites (11th is my favourite, can you tell).

"One more, just one. Is this world protected? Because you're not the first lot to have come here. Oh, there have been so many! And what you've got ask is ... what happened to them? Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically ... run."

"Now, the question of the hour is, who's got the Pandorica? Answer: I do. Next question, who's coming to take it from me? Come on, look at me! No plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don't have: ANYTHING. TO. LOSE. So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceship with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight ... just remember who's standing in your way. Remember every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN! Do the smart thing ... let somebody else try first."

"Imagine you were dying. Imagine you were afraid, and a long way from home and in terrible pain. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, you looked up, and saw the face of the devil himself ... hello, Dalek".

Last edited:
A few favourites (11th is my favourite, can you tell).

"One more, just one. Is this world protected? Because you're not the first lot to have come here. Oh, there have been so many! And what you've got ask is ... what happened to them? I'm the Doctor. Basically ... run."

"Now, the question of the hour is, who's got the Pandorica? Answer: I do. Next question, who's coming to take it from me? Come on, look at me! No plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don't have: ANYTHING. TO. LOSE. So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceship with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight ... just remember who's standing in your way. Remember every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN! Do the smart thing ... let somebody else try first."

"Imagine you were dying. Imagine you were afraid, and a long way from home and in terrible pain. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, you looked up, and saw the face of the devil himself ... hello, Dalek".
"I walked away from the last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out. Moment by moment until nothing remained -- no time, no space, just me. I walked in universes where the laws of physics where devised by the mind of a mad man. I watched universes freeze and creations burn. I have seen things you wouldn't believe. I have lost things you will never understand. And I know things. Secrets that must never be told. Knowledge that must never be spoken. Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze. So come on then! Take it! Take it all, baby! Have it! You have it all!"

Back