• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
my-image_1.png

what’s the ratio of consistency between feats/anti-feats needed to make something an outlier?
Less than five 3-C feats vs more than 50 anti feats below or at tier 7. Plus the power star amp scaling doesn't make sense.

Holy frig, I legit thought you were pulling our legs like when you mentioned City Level Zelda.
Nah I would never lie about this stuff, city level Zelda is real, it just scales to like 10 people. Honestly it's really funny how BOTW Link only getting city level scaling made him the second weakest Link, but then TOTK happened and he jumped to the second strongest (Fierce Deity now and forever numero uno)

The loss of universal Zelda stung and this stings too, dude.
Just waiting for the loss of universal Sonic so he can join Mario and Zelda

Kirby never got complete brain rot cause T1 Another Dimension wasnt allowed. The amount of VG characters who beat Kirby here is funny.

Uni Base Sonic is all modern VS Brain rots fault, tho unlike Mario, it isnt even that inconsistent so it will be much harder to common sense it. The bullying Sonic fans got in VS scenes lead to Sonic Scholar going to gym too hard lol

Kirby never got complete brain rot cause T1 Another Dimension wasnt allowed. The amount of VG characters who beat Kirby here is funny.

Uni Base Sonic is all modern VS Brain rots fault, tho unlike Mario, it isnt even that inconsistent so it will be much harder to common sense it. The bullying Sonic fans got in VS scenes lead to Sonic Scholar going to gym too hard lol
Imagine if Kirby pulls a TTGL next game and he gets put at High 1-A.

Anyways, no SCP-682 VS Doomsday, Galactus VS Unicron, Joker VS Giorno, Bowser VS Eggman, Nixon VS Manhattan, or Kira VS Adachi. Despite being MASSIVE in votes, either they are cooking something this season or they are just trying too hard to be unpredictable/not setting up lesser match ups.

Oh good lord they pulled the "but what about Saaanic" in Mario downgrade thread.

Its all your ******* fault. This insistence and bullying between verses all leads to one group of fans wank their favs which then leads to the other fans wank their favs.

DB is absolutely guilty of this too with comics so now Raven is as strong as Phoenix Force. Spectacular.

Why does this hobby suck ass?

I mean if the scaling is consistent and the characters which Sonic scales to have legitimate Universal feats then I don't really see how that's "modern VS brain rot" or however it's classified's fault. Like I can understand the feeling there's going to be absurd shit that people can't comprehend in fiction, like 2-C Kirby for example, but if such an example is consistent in a number of ways and doesn't have any crazy contradictions to them then what's the issue?

Its common sense saying any character being universal has massive potential for problems in stories.

But as I alluded, within this system there really isnt that much to argue against Uni Base Sonic. Its far more valid than cosmic Mario. Youd have to break down entire VSW system at this point to get it down or get a choo choo FRA Train against it

EDIT: Mind you, even City level power can create plot holes in stories. Its really hard if not impossible to properly scale so there needs to be some benefit of doubt for feats, but sometimes and usually lately its been too much.

Last edited:
Its common sense saying any character being universal has massive potential for problems in stories.

But as I alluded, within this system there really isnt that much to argue against Uni Base Sonic. Its far more valid than cosmic Mario. Youd have to break down entire VSW system at this point to get it down or get a choo choo FRA Train against it
Yeah that's understandable, I just wanted to bring my own two cents on the topic because it is admittedly a tad bit frustrating when people see a certain rating and immediately claim it to be either downplay or wank you know? Like as I said I totally understand why one would take a look at something like Uni Base Sonic and start having issues with the rating, but it wouldn't hurt to at least know the context behind such a rating if that makes sense.

Of course VS is merely a hobby so there's no point in having so much passion for it, I just think even a hobby should have some standard or reasoning to it

Back