• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the end, I always end up being correct.

Either way you powerscalers should stop looking at the most obscure parts of a series to determine a character's power level. If a character becomes higher dimensional in an unpopular side story no one cares for and no one knew it existed, it's safe to say that's not the most consistent way to measure their strength.
This sadly true in all ways possible

In the end, I always end up being correct.

Either way you powerscalers should stop looking at the most obscure parts of a series to determine a character's power level. If a character becomes higher dimensional in an unpopular side story no one cares for and no one knew it existed, it's safe to say that's not the most consistent way to measure their strength.
Eh, I'd reword that to say something along the lines of "If a character becomes higher dimensional in an unpopular side story that isn't consistent with the main storyline or has no references in canon, it shouldn't be used to measure their strength." Because I think any information, regardless of how popular it is, should be viable for scaling if it has merit and is canon with what's consistent in the series but that's just my take.

It seems they're playing up the whole "People expect us to brutally kill your favorite innocent cartoon characters" tha people thought of.

Honestly I doubt the death will be gory, Death Battle historically makes battles for kiddy cartoons non-gory.

...unless your name is Ben 10 but then again, Ben 10 fans deserved the boot and more.

Death Battle will make the death cartoonish and non gory. That's my prediction.
Eh, I'd reword that to say something along the lines of "If a character becomes higher dimensional in an unpopular side story that isn't consistent with the main storyline or has no references in canon, it shouldn't be used to measure their strength." Because I think any information, regardless of how popular it is, should be viable for scaling if it has merit and is canon with what's consistent in the series but that's just my take.
How much is too much for you? How many tiers in speed and strength a character has to jump through to be considered inconsistent with the main story?

maxresdefault.jpg
6DY9wxM.jpg

Personally I think using the canon material is dumb and cringe and we should exclusively use side content for scaling. 2-C Zelda is good due to the statement of Ganondorf/Zant merging realms together Twilight Princess from the guide even though the actual game doesn't really back it up.

Finished Spider-Man 2 recently (Peak game btw) and I got to thinking, who'd be a good opponent for Kraven?

How much is too much for you? How many tiers in speed and strength a character has to jump through to be considered inconsistent with the main story?
If the main story has a character at like, Planet Level or something, but a side story has them fighting and defeating some Hyperversal entity then it's fair to call that BS since it goes way above what was established in the main canon. Now my standards are probably more lenient then they should be, but as long as it's not an absurdly high contradiction and the side story is referenced in canon or has consistency with the scaling then there is merit to using it

This only affects PoC, Nero still has universal stuff outside of that.
At least tier 2 DMC is mostly accepted in the Vs community at this point (outside the same folks who still believe Game Kratos and Lore Kratos are different characters and Super Sonic isn't lightspeed) it'll probably come down to multipliers and scaling chains (something DMC has plenty of) but Nero is certainly getting the speed advantage.
My guy you're literally repeating what I just said.

At least tier 2 DMC is mostly accepted in the Vs community at this point (outside the same folks who still believe Game Kratos and Lore Kratos are different characters and Super Sonic isn't lightspeed) it'll probably come down to multipliers and scaling chains (something DMC has plenty of) but Nero is certainly getting the speed advantage.
Question, what are the multiplers DMC has between the high-tiers?

Does Kraven have any haxs and what are his stats?
Basically on par with spider-man stat wise, but also has some weird tech and magic stuff, potions that modify his powers with that of different animals, hexes, basically animal batman with a dash of magic, he also had a weird form of immortality for while that basically made it so that ONLY Spider-man could actually kill him. His most powerful piece in his arsenal however is the...KRA-VAN!!

I am still flabbergasted by the fake Devil May Cry scans, are there actually people who will go out of there way to tell others a character is stronger than they actually are?
Yes this shit isn't new in this hobby
It had the prefect smokescreen of being some West Taiwanese mobile game that no one ******* played
It all proves folks need to actually verify shit and not let folks power level boner dictate anything

More importantly unless stated shouldn't rely on a ******* gacha game of all things to upgrade a verse

If this turns out to be true Nero Vs Hellboy might become somewhat "fairer" I urge peeps to reserve judgement after reading the post tho (I might be naive but I kinda hope this was blown outta of proportion) but if this goes the way I think it's going we might have another (pre-reboot) Demonsbane situation on VSBW.
Can't believe we might have another "Elder God Demonbane" in the wiki

What's a "Elder God Demonbane"?
Basically a tier High 1-A/0 giant mech that came from an obscure japanese game that nobody in the wiki other than the people who made the profile ever played and 100% of the knowledge people had from it came from battleboarders.
All scans used to index it used language that sounded like powerscaling brainrot and were later proven to be fake, to the point there was quite literally not a single truth in the entire page, wich caused it to be deleted.

Basically a tier High 1-A/0 giant mech that came from an obscure japanese game that nobody in the wiki other than the people who made the profile ever played and 100% of the knowledge people had from it came from battleboarders.
All scans used to index it used language that sounded like powerscaling brainrot and were later proven to be fake, to the point there was quite literally not a single truth in the entire page, wich caused it to be deleted.
Whatever happened to the people who made the profile?

Wasn't there a CRT not so long ago trying to bring back Demonsbane into the wiki? I recall it placed the characters pretty high into Tier 1 as well and was mostly waiting for Ultima Reality to check thing to go through. What happened to it?

First, DMC POC is officially licenced from Capcom.

Second, the scans seem to some people not fake.

But, due to the nature of the game being tested, released, being found problems, fixed it and re-released, some scans are sadly unverifiable.

Please politely ask from the admin or bureaucrat to discuss on that DMC POC thread. But nah those may not be fabricated.

Stop derailing from Death Battle thread and stop spreading fake news.

Wasn't there a CRT not so long ago trying to bring back Demonsbane into the wiki? I recall it placed the characters pretty high into Tier 1 as well and was mostly waiting for Ultima Reality to check thing to go through. What happened to it?
I think it did go through? However, they still need to actually make the profiles.

It got past baseline 0 and has NO PAGES
I don't think that has ever happened before

Back