• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
alright DB Bros in the discord server are in a discussion

how strong various characters would be narrative wise in the context of Marvel and Dc

as in simply not by lore
Using “narrative” ig Spider-Man is stated to be able to lift 10 tons and guys like Hulk and Thor can lift 100 tons

Idk if DC has “canon” stated strength levels like Marvel

I mean is the whole 'Muljnor is a condensed star' thing a feat? Or is that just a permission to lift 100kx his pay grade in that one instance because 'chosen one' tropes?

need context
Avengers Assemble Omega #1 (April 19, 2023)

16.png

21.png

Thor (can still use the Phoenix Force ig), Old Man Phoenix (aka Wolverine with the Phoenix Force), a Celestial, and Ghost Rider are able to hold back and eventually stop a multiversal flood with varying amounts of difficulty.

It’s repeatedly stated the flood would wipe out all of existence throughout the story:

IMG_9074.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

Ah.

how strong various characters would be narrative wise in the context of Marvel and Dc

as in simply not by lore
Goku and other Saiyans would probably be lumped into Marvel’s Flying Bricks and be treated as rivals to Class 100 characters.

Sonic characters without their Super States and 98% of Ben 10’s aliens would probably be treated as having Class 10 strength.

Alien X would be high Herald or Skyfather tier narratively, if not Abstract due to vibes.

Sonic characters without their Super States and 98% of Ben 10’s aliens would probably be treated as having Class 10 strength.
Don't forget Tails would join the likes of Riri and Amadeus Cho as a child prodigy super genius and Eggman would be among the top ten smartest men on Earth (probably around 5th place ahead of The Leader and M.O.D.O.K but behind Tony Stark and Bruce Banner narratively speaking, which is kinda hilarious now that I think about it).

Asura- Herald Tier-Skyfather via narrative
Sonic and Co with Super Form- Herald Tier
Ssjb Anne would be a like above Street tier somewhere near low herald with all three boxes

Stuff like God Ki would probably be their occasional Skyfather or Cosmic boosts.

Only to get taken away in a matter of issues, since comics can't break status quo for too long.
I mean Thor still has the Phoenix force, which to this day I still believe is overkill for a character that's regularly high Herald to mid Skyfather tier when he his not holding back on top of the temporary cosmic buffs (CKT).

I mean Thor still has the Phoenix force, which to this day I still believe is overkill for a character that's regularly high Herald to mid Skyfather tier when he his not holding back on top of the temporary cosmic buffs (CKT).

Current Thor is kinda breaking the formula. He's kept Odin-Force for ages and keeps getting stronger... shame he's in the era where Heralds can match Celestials and Skyfathers for some reason.

Let's see
Luz has better long range options in base while Anne has better short range options.
Anne has been trained in Muy Tai and in swordplay.
Anne gets to at least planetary with her catching the moon with Sasha in her complete calamity state while Luz scales to that one star feat Speedy calced to around multi-continental.
Luz canonically is on the spectrum while Anne is just dumb.
For speed Anne probably has better movement speed through scaling to Sasha keeping pace with missles while Luz has generally better travel speed with her broom. In their super modes both can probably scale to relativistic.
Then I still don't know why it is not Marcy VS Luz.
He got upgraded to Low 1-C

Low 1-C bargain sale going on right now.
Actually, I don't buy many recent Low 1-C in VS Battles Wiki.

And I won't be surprised that Pili Puppet Show is Low 1-C or even higher enough for Su Huan-Jen to overpower Final Batsuit.

There's a dedicated Discord server to this thread?
I wish there was one. I need more vs show/powerscaling servers to be in cuz I got banned from over 12 Discord servers that are themed around this community.
But what the other person was referring to, is the official Death Battle Discord server.
except DBH, there's no Low 1-C for DBH
Why not? Don't they have a world that transcends the multiverse and sees it as fiction? That is an easy 5D feat right there.

I wish there was one. I need more vs show/powerscaling servers to be in cuz I got banned from over 12 Discord servers that are themed around this community.
But what the other person was referring to, is the official Death Battle Discord server.
I'm so sorry that I almost burst into laughter at the first bit of the reply, even though you are explaining things to me so kindly. 🤭 Thanks, though!

Is it possible to get Wiz's and Boomstick's character profiles in VSBW?
They made death battles now it’s time for them to be in death battle’s themselves.
So question is: Is Death Battle itself considered its own lore?

Wiz and Boomstick are definitive characters owned by Screwattack Inc / Rooster Teeth.

(They are currently listed by us as FCOC characters and have FCOC characters profiles.)

What is considered lore?
When a given show stands enough on its own to not be considered fanfiction, spin-off or a derivative work of any nature. Don't think SA is independent enough to earn a spot here. Not when much of what Wiz and Boomstick can do comes from crossover comparisons to the many verses they discuss.

Any anime series that you guys are shocked haven't made it onto Death Battle yet?
Mildly surprised To Aru isn't on there, but not by much. Fate more so.
HxH
Saint Seiya
Tokyo ghoul
Major ones:

*Puella Magi
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
*JJK
*Ultraman

Somewhat Niche but still well known ones:
*Devilman
*Trigun
*Neon Genesis Evangelion
*Pretty much any big isekai (SAO, Overlord, Shield Hero, etc).

Overall I do agree Fate followed closely by HxH and then Saint Seiya are the biggest anime verses that have yet to appear on DB.

EDiT: We're are also LONG overdue another giant mech and/or Kaiju DB, it's been over 3yrs since we've had one (Mecha Godzilla Vs Dragonzord).
I feel like with the recent ballots and so on, they will likely going to dive in to Fate series which is good, even with the monstrosity of the cosmology/power level/scaling it has

In addition to the major ones (beside Ultraman), we have Kamen Rider, who know if they gonna make Capt. America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo soon, but i'm sure if they did it, they opened the can of tasteful chicken soup (a.k.a the wonder of Tokusatsu world that aren't Godzilla/Power Rangers)
For bigger niche, there is Date A Live tho it was all just about Kurumi and nothing else, the gal single handedly carried the verse in the verge of died in forgotten and obscurity lel

And then there is Touhou the biggest of all between the major ones/bigger niches

Btw Axiom, you forgot Spy x Family and Chainsaw Man

Introduced by PopularGnat202 @ Discord

D1C50A8B-1371-4F0A-8F57-4EC499043F10.jpg

Dark Megaman EXE vs Fleetway Super Sonic (Capcom vs Sonic The Comic)

Evil sadistic versions of the main protag who were created via them absorbing some sort of energy who got separated from their original bodies who are the manifestations of evil and wouldn't hesitate on hurting their friends if needed to. At one point they became good and both met their end by a girl when trying to absorb energy. Both then end up rejoining the main protagonist's body again.

Anyone wishing to commission this?

Last edited:
I wonder how often a character carries a series from being completely forgotten
I feel Date A Live is the biggest example of it, and considering the universal popularity of Kurumi (not just in battleboarding but even in general, she's like biggest goth girl archetype in anime/manga)
Medaka Box is the another one, outside Medaka and Kumagawa being the most well known in battleboarding and "most powerful anime chars" debate threads in various sites, the series was almost forgotten (in general, no one talk about it so much beside "oh, this series has that two chars that being talked a lot for being strongest in anime media")
There might be more example of "popular chars carried the series for being forgotten"

as in simply not by lore
Su Huan-Jen: Downscaled from Skyfather strength with feats of besting TOAA in intelligence at peak since Su Huan-Jen has non-canonly pretended to be a lifeless puppet when the creators of Pili Puppet Show found him.

Spawn's VA when they do Spawn vs Ghost Rider is gonna have to put in serious work to even hope to match this.

This VA manages to sound cold as hell but also the sexiest ************ alive big shoutouts

Yeah, some people treat it like a horror movie but there is like one or two horror scenes in the entire movie, 99% of the film is dark comedy and I ******* loved it, I died laughing in the scene where Bateman told a hobo to get a job
I think the movie consistently has a disturbing feel / tone to it and it definitely has some horror scenes in there, but it’s largely played as a black comedy through most of its run, pointing at the absurdity of the situation.

funnily enough the hobo scene was one of the most unnerving ones to me. It starts out sorta funny but then it devolves into a level of brutality rich disconnected people genuinely do fall into.

Spawn's VA when they do Spawn vs Ghost Rider is gonna have to put in serious work to even hope to match this.

I mean now that you mention the OP that guy is replying to, it reminds me of how much I associate Shulk with Adam Howden over the years (both a good and bad thing, knowing the guy's Labour-ass politics). Same would go with Harry McEnnie as Noah/N, maybe Al Weaver as Rex (did he get replaced going into FR? Idk, we'll see in a few days), and if you recall, I've even seen David Menkin want to reprise his role as Malos if he ever came to VS formats.

Crispin Freeman as Albedo is also incredible, but knowing his insanity, if the guy suddenly dropped dead tomorrow, someone along the lines of Josh Grelle could probably pick up the slack (Anyone who has seen Tyrian Callows on screen will know what I'm on about, it's the same brand of 'don't you just wanna go apeshit?')

Introducing a macthup:

Marcy Wu (Amphibia) VS Karmi (Big Hero 6)
Connections: The intelligent female characters who are voiced by Haley Tju. While intelligent, they have found themselves difficult to make friends and have interest in writting fanfic and drawing. They feel that they have befriended a seeming nice person who makes a deal with them, but they are later betrayed by said nice person, who revealed their villainous role and is responsible for transforming them into a mind-controlled villain. They, in their mind-controlled form, would struggle with reducing the influence of mind-control and confront a protagonist, who manages to help them break out of the control. After the event, they eventually moved to another location with their parents. They eventually become a successful content creator with their works becoming an animated series. With the success, they return to the location where the protagonist lives in and continue their stories with the protagonist.

I've heard that Marcy's character design is greatly different from her original one because of Haley Tju's portrayal. Maybe this can explain why.

Back