• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I can see everything (Sombra commissioned)

Did you see that? (Sombra paired against Kasumi)

Sure no lasagne is involved?
(Okay seemingly Ramen vs Spaghetti was specifically mentioned there - at least from the chats)

That said, any characters notably loves spaghetti and / or ramen you can immediately recall?

We know Goku and Naruto and quite a bunch of anime protagonists are shown eating ramen on screen.

Oh my... So beautiful...

Oh so there are 339 matchups and before the thread was hidden I manually spotted 335.
Likely I glossed over 4 or they are added after my scrutiny.

Oh how many did they talked over among all the matchups?

Me after reading all these comments involving Adolf hitler

E7242-A28-F743-41-DA-BBED-3-FA0846-E5967.jpg

Stahp, you didn't help neither
Cue Hedge of Tomorrow

Fan A: Stop! You're under arrest for unsanctioned text posting!

Fan B: Seriously?! This is what I do!

Okay. Umineko starts off as a mystery locked island mass murder story.
Then there are "higher dimension beings" talking about whether the case ( mystery locked island mass murder story) can be explained without magic.

Then things go really haywire.

Cue Hedge of Tomorrow

Fan A: Stop! You're under arrest for unsanctioned text posting!

Fan B: Seriously?! This is what I do!

Okay. Umineko starts off as a mystery locked island mass murder story.
Then there are "higher dimension beings" talking about whether the case ( mystery locked island mass murder story) can be explained without magic.

Then things go really haywire.
images

Anyway to drop this weird ass convo lel, i'm wondering....since Ben vs Green Lantern, peoples often see Ben 10 fans to be the most cancerous, i swear back then they weren't that bad
Ben vs GL is indeed Superman vs Goku 2.0, huh?
Death Battle fans would stab Ben 10 fans in the chest and then call them whiners when they complain about being stabbed.

Why i smell that as Metaphor lel 💀

In serious note, was Ben vs GL really that bad?
Nah, Ben vs GL was spitting facts but it's just that they explained it incorrectly. Hal stomps Ben and his whole verse. Alien X is an overrated fodder that is also a Goku victim. He is extremely overrated in powerscaling, powerscaling Ben 10 fans are very annoying.

• Live Info from today's Banter
  • Ben, Chad, Erin, Billy and more are here!
  • -First of all, they like Assassination Classroom, they'd love to use a character, Korosensei particularly
  • -They bring up the radio show format possibility for a battle again
  • -Keroro vs Zim: Seems they'd be interested in Zim on the show
  • -The guys seem to be open to Webtoon characters, like Gyrus from... something, I dunno, hard to tell without visuals onscreen. Unordinary is said to be cool, Paranatural is suggested by Erin
  • -They've talked about bringing Terra from Final Fantasy in a ton of times, seem to like Robin from Fire Emblem for her, Ben really likes the idea of Terra, and he'd love to see Robin too
  • -Erin likes King Clawthorne vs Spike from MLP. Huh. The others seem onboard too.
  • -Chad would love to use another Bomberman matchup.
  • -They've talked about Zeus vs Odin, it's a top contender for their next mythology matchup
  • -DJ says Touhou is long overdue, acknowledges how controversial their coverage of BlazBlue was and are willing to give it another shot
  • -They're down to have Homelander die to someone else, though this may be a joke
  • -They REALLY like Spike vs Revy. Chad and DJ both LOVE it, and Erin says it's more or less just a matter of time.
  • -Ben would love to use Disney Hades in a Death Battle. Ben thinks him vs Cuphead's Devil would be really fun.
  • -IDW Sonic is mentioned as a possibility to bring on, Ben likes Surge vs Albedo
  • -Ben's interested in looking into how standard Skylanders work into Death Battle
  • -Jafar vs Maleficent is stated as another 'matter of time' kind of matchup, though slightly confused as to whether or not Jafar could be in due to literally being unable to kill
  • -They really like Homura Akemi for Death Battle. Billy seems to like Kurumu too. There's tangental interest in Date A Live simply because of all the matchups Kurumu has in Brandon Yates' commissions.
  • -They'd love to do Rosalina just so they can analyze her
  • -Ippo vs Little Mac is mentioned, there is interest in more boxing, Rocky Balboa is high on that list
  • -Interest is shown in folklore and cryptids, mothman is mentioned, as is Bigfoot vs Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot vs Chupacabra.
  • -...Chad literally mentions Barbie vs Ryu as a Death Battle Cast because of martial arts Barbie. Erin mentions Barbie vs Hello Kitty
  • -Ben says Overwatch is long overdue for another episode I think, I dunno, everyone was kinda talking over him
  • -The team really likes Inosuke vs Kuma from Afro Samurai, Inosuke's fun to work with
  • -Samus vs Megaman X would be cool, a classic long time request
  • -Erin likes Beast Boy/Amethyst.
  • -DJ wants to use Black Dynamite, suggests Stinkmeaner from Boondocks, but Brock Samson's cool too, Ben is down for either.
  • -Ben says Worm is worth looking into. Chad would love Earthworm Jim on the show, Earthworm Jim vs Rayman is mentioned
  • -Garp is cool to be on the show
  • -Ben seems to like Donald vs Daffy better than Bugs vs Mickey, though Bugs/Mickey is still great
  • -Timmy Turner vs Maxwell would be neat, but Sackboy is preferrable.
  • -Ben says Yamcha's GOTTA be in at some point
  • -They seem to be genuinely pondering doing Goomba vs Burgertime Hotdog
  • -EPISODE 200 IS SPAGHETTI VS RAMEN LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

• -They've talked about bringing Terra from Final Fantasy in a ton of times, seem to like Robin from Fire Emblem for her, Ben really likes the idea of Terra, and he'd love to see Robin too
Always for Fire Emblem, and mentioned wanting Robin in particular, but never heard the Terra MU before. Are the connections good? I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy.

I currently sit alone repping Welkin Vs Robin against the Lana Vs Robin crew.

We got persona death battles but what about SMT battles?

has this already been discussed?

aka SMT the main series, not persona.
In regards to mainline, I think Demi-Fiend and Nahobino would make for the most interesting match-ups.

For Demi-Fiend, my ideas are Dante, Laharl, Spawn, DC Lucifer, or even D.

I have trouble thinking of ideas for Nahobino, but I think Megaman.EXE fits the most. I can see Cosmic Ghostrider and Firestorm possibly working as well though.

In terms of MegaTen series that aren't Persona or SMT, a few of my ideas include:
-Kyouji or Raidou Kuzunoha vs John Constantine
-The Shining One vs Takumi Aiba
-Abel vs Neku Sakuraba
-Serph/Seraph vs Saver (Fate)

Me after reading all these comments involving Adolf hitler
E7242-A28-F743-41-DA-BBED-3-FA0846-E5967.jpg
Look I only want more Hitler pages because I like making composite profiles on Joke Battle and Hitler would be funny.
Nah, Ben vs GL was spitting facts but it's just that they explained it incorrectly. Hal stomps Ben and his whole verse. Alien X is an overrated fodder that is also a Goku victim. He is extremely overrated in powerscaling, powerscaling Ben 10 fans are very annoying.
In defense of Ben Ten scaling, I like how I can use it to wank Dexter into being 1-C.

Anyway...
  • They've talked about bringing Terra from Final Fantasy in a ton of times, seem to like Robin from Fire Emblem for her, Ben really likes the idea of Terra, and he'd love to see Robin too
Not the FF MU that i expected but maybe this can bring the flows again especially with FF15 is on the way in next two months
  • -DJ says Touhou is long overdue, acknowledges how controversial their coverage of BlazBlue was and are willing to give it another shot
For Touhou, i dunno if that's a good indication or a bad thing lel
As for Blazblue, good luck on them, the series is much more convoluted as Fate
  • They're down to have Homelander die to someone else, though this may be a joke
More spite matches for Homelander is a big welcome
  • They really like Homura Akemi for Death Battle. Billy seems to like Kurumu too. There's tangental interest in Date A Live simply because of all the matchups Kurumu has in Brandon Yates' commissions.
Kurumi single handedly carries her verse that are in verge of dead
Also Homura has all of the MU listed in Brandon and Therewolf videos just like Kurumi, they are inevitable at this point

I mean only a fraction of the audience actually watched that Q&A, but yes, I do think the ep itself is just overall mediocre. Not that I really care about it, don't have any attachments to Ben 10 or DeeCee.

Today's Discord Ballot Banter was a disappointment, it was not Shark Tank stylized at all. Basically a ballot banter for the non-champions, which seem to satisfy most people so whatever.

Ben vs Hal managed to become the most dislike ratiod DB, over god damn Goku vs Superman. Even after they did a 1h+ long QA on it, they didnt convince people.

Honestly? That just sounds like a bad episode. If you are that bad at explaining the verdict, you can say the episode is bad.
Ben Tennyson vs Hal Jordan
An episode hated by many it is.
A bad episode I don't think so.

Anyway...
They've talked about bringing Terra from Final Fantasy in a ton of times, seem to like Robin from Fire Emblem for her, Ben really likes the idea of Terra, and he'd love to see Robin too
Not the FF MU that i expected but maybe this can bring the flows again especially with FF15 is on the way in next two months
Have a feeling Kingdom Hearts will become a meat grinder of fiction more hated than DC.
-DJ says Touhou is long overdue, acknowledges how controversial their coverage of BlazBlue was and are willing to give it another shot
For Touhou, i dunno if that's a good indication or a bad thing lel
As for Blazblue, good luck on them, the series is much more convoluted as Fate
Remilia Scarlet vs Rachel Alucard rat 2 go
They're down to have Homelander die to someone else, though this may be a joke
More spite matches for Homelander is a big welcome
What about an episode where Homelander actually wins?
Brandon Breyer is actually a choice.
They really like Homura Akemi for Death Battle. Billy seems to like Kurumu too. There's tangental interest in Date A Live simply because of all the matchups Kurumu has in Brandon Yates' commissions.
Kurumi single handedly carries her verse that are in verge of dead
Also Homura has all of the MU listed in Brandon and Therewolf videos just like Kurumi, they are inevitable at this point
Pretty much.
So how likely will Homura Akemi be a returning combatant like... One fight with Kurumi Tokisaki cannot quite make her bust out all her guns.

I mean only a fraction of the audience actually watched that Q&A, but yes, I do think the ep itself is just overall mediocre. Not that I really care about it, don't have any attachments to Ben 10 or DeeCee.

Today's Discord Ballot Banter was a disappointment, it was not Shark Tank stylized at all. Basically a ballot banter for the non-champions, which seem to satisfy most people so whatever.
Man, I'm glad I stopped taking down notes to everything the crew says and just sit back and listen. It's just meaningless information.
This is a ballot banter live - just far away from Shark Tank or Dragon's Den.

That said is that recorded and would that be released on YouTube?

Last edited:
Ben vs Hal managed to become the most dislike ratiod DB, over god damn Goku vs Superman. Even after they did a 1h+ long QA on it, they didnt convince people.

Honestly? That just sounds like a bad episode. If you are that bad at explaining the verdict, you can say the episode is bad.
Eh i disagree with that logic there were tons of episodes that had crap logic for X wins but still had alot of good to it

This is vs nobody gonna agree on everything nor gonna be convinced

Eh i disagree with that logic there were tons of episodes that had crap logic for X wins but still had alot of good to it

This is vs nobody gonna agree on everything nor gonna be convinced
Well, this is a show that claims to do serious research. I do expect them to have at least some understandable reasoning.

And even then, I could give exceptions for great fights stuck with bad research, but BenHal is... ehh its more okay. Good at best, but decent realistically. Missed potential but variety ability characters are stuck with that it seems.

Not feeling the track either for it so no bonus from me to that lol

Well, this is a show that claims to do serious research. I do expect them to have at least some understandable reasoning.

And even then, I could give exceptions for great fights stuck with bad research, but BenHal is... ehh its more okay. Good at best, but decent realistically. Missed potential but variety ability characters are stuck with that it seems.

Not feeling the track either for it so no bonus from me to that lol
Tbh it was the perfect storm (long comment ahead):

*Kuro the Artist reviving the Ben 10 fanbase after his famous/infamous vids claiming Ben 10 could beat Goku, Superman and pretty much any popular fictional protagonist (funny enough Ben 10 stomps the standard canon versions of Superman and Goku on our site).

*Quite a few folks having baited breath to see a DC character lose after DC's impressive power-levels on DB (iirc at this point in the time DC were winning against Marvel overall and had a win-steak against non-Marvel opponents).

*Kuro then released a vid just before the DB episode came out that explained various ways that Ben could fight and possibly beat Hal without "but hey Alien X" which might've set some unrealistic expectations on how creative the fight/animation would've be between characters that can essentially do anything (Dr Fate Vs Dr Strange being yet another infamous example of highly versatile characters whose DB episode didn't really do they P&A justice but that's not the fault of the animators).

So just to recap; before the episode was released thanks to Kuro and other prolific Vs debaters agreeing with him plus a resurgent Ben 10 fanbase as well as some DB fans just wanting to see a powerful DC character take the L, most believed Ben would not only win but potentially curb-stomp Hal and well we all know what happened next...

The overall research and animation being subpar/mid at best was just the rotten cherry on top tbh also I believe this was before DB started regularly saying sympathy words post-animation like "even though they lost, in some scenarios they could've won" and "the match was extremely close" which was further exasperated by the DB Q&A episode which actually made it seem like Ben stood little chance against Hal plus Kuro's "debunk" vid (which tbf wasn't a true debunk since he agreed with the outcome of Ben 10 Vs GL and asked Ben 10 fans not to attack DB ofc the latter didn't work out) where he disagreed with the scenario of the DB and argued if Hal is allowed composite scaling/Green Lantern powers then Ben should've receive the equivalent composition (Ngl his artwork for "composite" Ben look both kinda badass and hilarious to me).

Overall Ben 10 Vs Green Lantern was inevitably going to cause a big backlash if Ben lost, even with top tier animation and reasonably water tight well explained research (in episode), the fact the actual DB episode lacked both was just addtional fuel to a supernova level fire.

From a Vs debater perspective, I find the whole debacle to be a truly fascinating case study of how the opinions of an individual or small group can affect public perception of a character's power level (I mean Kuro would eventually convince most Dragon-ball fans and Vs debaters that Ben 10 does in fact beat Goku after many vently disagreed with his first video that started the whole affair).

Tl;dr: Pretty much real life causality manipulation at work.

If any of y'all watch Owl House and/or Amphibia, throw out some stuff you think might be important to mention or consider for Luzanne. Just trying to see if anything notable is being potentially missed.
I mean, both are just shows with one lore book for Amphibia. What could be missed? There's no Chinese mobile games or a secret manga out there. It's just the shows and maybe the mobile games on Disneynow, but....that's it.

Like many fights, the match-up is entirely based on what you believe and accept and there's isn't much room for convincing some people to switch sides. I can offer some tips though

If Luz does win the blog,
the Anne folks are gonna argue that the verdict is based on shaky arguments. Maybe remind them a lot of Anne stuff is shaky too. Like Anne kicking the assassin robot to orbit, Anne's mom was ******* that robot up with junkyard weapons moments before, yet it withstood Anne's kick? Polly who just got legs suddenly being Rela+? The frobo lasers being dodged by far weaker characters and not fitting the LS qualifications/could just be aim-dodging? The same frobos who helped pushed the Core Moon for a bit get fodderized by way weaker characters? Sasha's feat where she destroyed the temple monster was actually amped by the affected gravity.....etc

If Anne does win the blog, it would likely be soley on stats so maybe just focus on the stats and explain why Luz can't do much and why her hax isn't that great to help her and that she doesn't have much experience in the Titan Form.

Tbh it was the perfect storm (long comment ahead):

*Kuro the Artist reviving the Ben 10 fanbase after his famous/infamous vids claiming Ben 10 could beat Goku, Superman and pretty much any popular fictional protagonist (funny enough Ben 10 stomps the standard canon versions of Superman and Goku on our site).

*Quite a few folks having baited breath to see a DC character lose after DC's impressive power-levels on DB (iirc at this point in the time DC were winning against Marvel overall and had a win-steak against non-Marvel opponents).

*Kuro then released a vid just before the DB episode came out that explained various ways that Ben could fight and possibly beat Hal without "but hey Alien X" which might've set some unrealistic expectations on how creative the fight/animation would've be between characters that can essentially do anything (Dr Fate Vs Dr Strange being yet another infamous example of highly versatile characters whose DB episode didn't really do they P&A justice but that's not the fault of the animators).

So just to recap; before the episode was released thanks to Kuro and other prolific Vs debaters agreeing with him plus a resurgent Ben 10 fanbase as well as some DB fans just wanting to see a powerful DC character take the L, most believed Ben would not only win but potentially curb-stomp Hal and well we all know what happened next...

The overall research and animation being subpar/mid at best was just the rotten cherry on top tbh also I believe this was before DB started regularly saying sympathy words post-animation like "even though they lost, in some scenarios they could've won" and "the match was extremely close" which was further exasperated by the DB Q&A episode which actually made it seem like Ben stood little chance against Hal plus Kuro's "debunk" vid (which tbf wasn't a true debunk since he agreed with the outcome of Ben 10 Vs GL and asked Ben 10 fans not to attack DB ofc the latter didn't work out) where he disagreed with the scenario of the DB and argued if Hal is allowed composite scaling/Green Lantern powers then Ben should've receive the equivalent composition (Ngl his artwork for "composite" Ben look both kinda badass and hilarious to me).

Overall Ben 10 Vs Green Lantern was inevitably going to cause a big backlash if Ben lost, even with top tier animation and reasonably water tight well explained research (in episode), the fact the actual DB episode lacked both was just addtional fuel to a supernova level fire.

From a Vs debater perspective, I find the whole debacle to be a truly fascinating case study of how the opinions of an individual or small group can affect public perception of a character's power level (I mean Kuro would eventually convince most Dragon-ball fans and Vs debaters that Ben 10 does in fact beat Goku after many vently disagreed with his first video that started the whole affair).

Tl;dr: Pretty much real life causality manipulation at work.
I'm gonna be completely honest, if Kuro never made that video, nobody would've given a shit about Ben 10 losing to Hal. Or at least the backlash would be nowhere near as big.

Also the whole composite Hal Jordan complaint is weird because anyone who reads Green Lantern should know that all versions of Hal, from Pre Crisis to Rebirth, are the exact same dude.

This isn't a case where they used non canon media like AUs or movies or shows or whatever.

Hal and the other GLs weren't affected by crisis reboot, and Geoff Johns, writer of New 52 GL, ignored the New 52 reboot thing and had the New 52 GL comics continue directly from the previous Green Lantern series.

Back