• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For real, though. Boogeymanning Speedy or any of us for that matter is getting old. (yes, we do read up on these) One researcher is only ever lead for at most a 4th of a season's lineup and for one character at that, and for a process that requires a back and forth with multiple parties. Especially for this episode, can you not keep putting words in our mouths? I don't think anyone one researcher said anything about stats for characters. Maybe some general unspecific opinions but doubtful.

For real, though. Boogeymanning Speedy or any of us for that matter is getting old. (yes, we do read up on these) One researcher is only ever lead for at most a 4th of a season's lineup and for one character at that, and for a process that requires a back and forth with multiple parties. Especially for this episode, can you not keep putting words in our mouths? I don't think anyone one researcher said anything about stats for characters. Maybe some general unspecific opinions but doubtful.
Are you or speedy having any future episodes assigned this season or in the future?

Oh, yeah i forgot that episode
Same and tbf it's still a contentious subject crossing scaling Persona to SMT but regardless it was a stomp episode without giving Weiss composite scaling from DC, BB and... Persona lol!
Not to mention let's not act like Uni DMC is wildly accepted over the net it's one u buy being Uni or u don't

While I do there's many that sure as hell don't
I feel like it's become a tradition for DMC scaling to be discussed in these threads in every season since Dante Vs Bayo (I swear that MU legit lives rent free in some people's heads).

If you had to make a percentage rate between believers/non-believers, what number would you guess for the belief of Uni DMC?
Idk sites like Comicvine, Space battles,Certain sub reddit prob laugh at Uni Dante and some on the opposite coin would have him at there
Like say Kratos it's a 50/50 deal

All Billy! Dude's a beast.
Definitely would love to see more of his work. Also, dunno if you had any involvement but was it challenging for the team to write up a fight between 2 characters who don’t really fight a lot? (Each only really have 2 direct fights, Bill against the kids in the mindscape and against Shacktron, and Discord against King Sombra and Cosmos.)

For the record, it wasn't my intention to maliciously boogeyman any of you.
I simply talked about something a friend showed me.

Definitely would love to see more of his work. Also, dunno if you had any involvement but was it challenging for the team to write up a fight between 2 characters who don’t really fight a lot? (Each only really have 2 direct fights, Bill against the kids in the mindscape and against Shacktron, and Discord against King Sombra and Cosmos
I definitely did not have much involvement with the writing process. I just nodded my head and got to work. That's absolutely a future question for Liam whenever the episode's out. Don't want to spoil anything for it. It's personally a favorite of mine.

If y'all were given full control of the next season of Death Battle, what would be the MUs you would include?
Well
Assuming I have it for 2024 (not in particular order)

1. Arsène Lupin III vs Sly Cooper (Lupin III VS ...)
2. LadyBug vs Randy Cunningham (Miraculous
vs Randy Cunningham: Ninja Total)
3. Splinter vs Shifu (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs Kung Fu Panda)
4. Gwen Tennyson vs Atom Eve (Ben 10 vs Invincible)
5. Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) vs Homura Akemi (DC vs Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
6. Magolor vs PMD Dusknoir/Merlina the Wizard (Kirby vs Pokémon Mystery Dungeon/Sonic)
7. Son Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga/Ultraman Zero (Dragon Ball vs Saint Seiya/Ultraman series)
8. Dormammu vs Trigon (Marvel vs DC)
Blade vs Buffy Summers (Marvel vs Buffy the Vampire Hunter)
9. Cirno vs Jack Frost (Touhou Project vs Shin Megami Tensei)
10. Pepsiman vs Coca-cola Polar Bear (Pepsi vs Coca-cola)
11. Galactus vs Unicron (Marvel vs Transformers)
12. Giorno Giovanna vs Ren Amamiya / Yoshikage Kira vs Tohru Adachi (JJBA vs Persona) (Not that I exactly love the most but this will definitely draw clicks)
13. Monika vs Miyuki Sone (DDLC vs Totono)
14. Cinder Fall vs Azula (RWBY vs Avatar: The Last Airbender)
15. Kylo Ren vs Edelgard von Hresvelg (Star Wars vs Fire Emblem Three Houses)
16. Captain America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo (Marvel vs Toei/Kamen Rider series)
17. Illidan Stormrage vs Xiao (Warcraft vs Genshin Impact)
18. Raiden vs Raiden Shogun (Mortal Kombat vs Genshin Impact)
19. Walpurgisnacht vs Night of Wallachia (Puella Magi Madoka Magica vs Type Moon/Tsukihime)
20. Arceus vs King Drasil and/or Volo and Giratina vs Akemi Suedou vs Mother Eater (Pokémon Legends: Arceus vs Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth)

Reserve
21. Omni-Man vs Bardock (Invincible vs Dragon Ball)
22. Liu Kang vs Jago (Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct)
23. Spinal vs Cervantes de Leon (Killer Instinct vs Soul Calibur) (This may happen early)
24. Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia (Pokémon vs Fairy Tail) (preferably a 4-6 minute fight)
25. Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto (Pokémon vs Yu-gi-oh) (I specifically want this to happen after we test it out with Ash vs Lucy so that we can know if the audience still want a 6-minute fight because at least 6 minutes is required for a Ash vs Yugi to be meaningful)
26. Satoru Gojo vs Makima (Jujutsu Kaisen vs Chainsaw Man)
27. Noelle Silva vs Kougyoku Ren (Black Clover vs Magi)
28. Kyogre vs Chaos (Pokémon vs Sonic)
29. Rayquaza vs Bahamut (Pokémon vs Final Fantasy)
30. Booma vs Nozomi Kaminashi (Super Duper Sumos vs Keijo)

Possibly switching some in and some out for capturing movie or game releases.

Last edited:

e58.gif

Mai didn't deserve this at all 💀

e58.gif

Mai didn't deserve this at all 💀
I personally would prefer Yuyuko Saigyouji vs Yukiko Amagi - beautiful female fan dancers with powerful cherry blossom effects

Well we have had Weiss Schnee vs Mitsuru Kirijo so we ain't fearing massively stompy matchups. 💀

For the music... Why is there Hoopa vs Erazor Djinn reference in a Mai Shiranui vs Yukiko Amagi matchup

Last edited:
I think a lot of people forget that with the music commissions, a lot of times people can just commission something to hear the music combination of the two franchises. If I had the money I would absolutely comm some stupid shit for some random ass matchups I would never want DBs for just to hear their music mashed up in a cool fight theme lol. (Ie, Sonic/Archie Sonic vs Simon the Digger, Marisa vs Saitama, etc)

I think a lot of people forget that with the music commissions, a lot of times people can just commission something to hear the music combination of the two franchises. If I had the money I would absolutely comm some stupid shit for some random ass matchups I would never want DBs for just to hear their music mashed up in a cool fight theme lol. (Ie, Sonic/Archie Sonic vs Simon the Digger, Marisa vs Saitama, etc)
If I get the money, it’s my goal to get Yoshi vs Griffith now

Im still trying to get Yates to do my mu

I think we need to stop with the "researcher said this or that" stuff, because most of the time it's not even true or it's taken out of context
Also cause it’s usually taken from the DBD and there’s been several requests from the researchers to stop screenshotting/reporting on things they’ve said outside the server

I doubt anybody would like having their every word analyzed and screenshotted and reported on when they say anything lol.

I’m just imagining one of the researchers like eating their lunch and the people in there taking screenshots and analyzing it trying to figure out what the meal could represent for characters
Sometimes we cannot blame some of the audience making guesses - because this is sometimes a way some production staff leaks information for upcoming events.

I hope their official thumbnails make them break the 4th wall
IIRC they have tried those at Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie and Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage.

To any of the researchers and such here, I would like to make an apology 😅:
1. I believe we (at least I) don't all act like degenerates.
2. Sorry for anything that crosses agaisnt you.
3. Please fix my account (and I am sorry for any mistake that leads to such a problem) and get me back to Death Battle Official Discord and by extension Death Battle Wiki and Death Battle Wiki Discord.

Well, for season line-up? Here:
  1. Chisato Nishikigi vs Yor Briar (Lycoris Recoil vs Spy x Family)
  2. Homura Akemi vs Kurumi Tokisaki (puella Magi Madoka Magica vs Date A Live)
  3. Revy vs Spike Spiegel (Black Lagoon vs Cowboy Bebop)
  4. Kamen Rider Kuuga vs Kaiju No.8 (their name are on the series title lel)
  5. Kenpachi Zaraki vs Archer (Ashwattama) (Bleach vs Fate/Grand Order)
  6. Fujiwara no Mokou vs Sol Badguy (Touhou vs Guilty Gear)
  7. Future Trunks vs Ultraman Decker (Dragon Ball vs Ultraman Series)
  8. Kai vs Shang Tsung (Kung Fu Panda vs Mortal Kombat)
  9. Neopolitan vs Himiko Toga (rwby vs BnHA)
  10. The Akagi/Kaga Sisters battle (Kantai Collection vs Azur Lane)
  11. Pixy vs Crimson 1 (Ace Combat vs Project Wingman)
  12. Luffy vs Captain Marvelous/GokaiRed (One Piece vs Super Sentai)
  13. Malware vs Scaramouche/Wanderer (Ben 10 vs Genshin Impact)
  14. Kratos vs Spawn (God of War vs Spawn)
  15. Lord Drakkon vs Ohma Zi-O (Power Ranger vs Kamen Rider)
  16. Dante vs Bayonetta redux
Chisato vs Yor will be a very good opening as their are pretty fresh with SxF is currently the most popular shonen jump series in the world alongside Lycoris Recoil popularity were very good, followed with the most requested fight between a fighters that has a lot's of very good MU
Dante vs Bayonetta as the closure of DB season will one of helluva move with the previous episodes are very ballistic to say , i have Malware vs Scaramouche for spite reason (read: Scaramouche get Homelander'd) and beside, a episode where we want a combatant lose so badly will be nice

If not for seasonal format, i already put Youmu vs Kamen Rider Blades, Junko vs Morgan Le Fay, any of Yor or Homura MU, and so on lel
Following this, if i get a new season for this, it'll be:
  1. Bardock vs Omniman (Dragon Ball vs Invincible)
  2. Gojo vs Makima (jjk vs Chainsaw Man)
  3. Kamen Rider Blades vs Jingliu (Kamen Rider vs Honkai Star Rails)
  4. Nippaku Zanmu vs Kiara Sessyoin (Touhou vs Fate Series)
  5. Ken Kaneki vs Kamen Rider Amazon Omega (Tokyo Ghoul vs Kamen Rider)
  6. Esdeath vs Boa Hancock (AgK vs One Piece)
  7. Lady Maria vs Sister Friede (Bloodborne vs Dark Soul)
  8. Erza Scarlet va Homura Kougetsu (Fairy Tail vs Eden Zero)
  9. Shana vs Rukia (Shakugan no Shana vs Bleach)
  10. Raiden Ei vs Minamoto no Yorimitsu/Raikou (Genshin Impact vs Fate/Grand Order)
  11. Mori Calliope vs Eddie (Hololive vs Iron Maiden)
  12. Jenny Wakeman vs Penny (MLATR vs RWBY)
  13. Arthur Morgan vs Jin Sakai (Red Dead Redemption vs Ghost of Tsushima)
  14. Shao Khan vs M. Bison (Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighters)
  15. Megatron vs Vilgax (Transformers vs Ben 10)
  16. Gohan vs Ultraman Zero (Dragon Ball vs Ultraman)
Why Calli instead Miku? Well mostly because A) Calli is very well known and still fresh, B) prolly the most closest one since both of them have a universal feats while Miku is stellar at best
Hancock vs Esdeath is very good to me since both had similar traits with different role (good vs bad), prefer this than her fight against Gray just because of "IcE ManIpuLaToRs"
I wanted to add Youmu vs KR Blades but noticed that Jingliu from HSR is even way more thematic here, i know she's not appeared in the game (technically, as she did appeared in Jing Yuan and Luocha confrontation) but the way they set her, she's an perfect fighter against Rintato/KR Blades, and because of that, i chose Zanmu and her thematic fight will be against the horny nun, because both actually has a similar role, except for Zanmu she has 0 horniness and actually benevolent, also "Bodhisattva at the Nirvana" is just fire to me lel
Raiden Shogun vs Raikou will be an based L for Genshin per say, and mostly all of the Shogun MU are straight up garbage and just for memes reason (CoughVirginShogunvsChadJacktheRipperfromMGRCough)

Start with db fight and end it with db fight, nuff said to say, especially Bardock vs Omniman and Gohan vs Zero are very much fan-fave and miles better than Omniman and Gohan actual MU

Details -
"We don't all act like degenerates" means "some of us act like degenerates but others of us do not".
To negate "we don't all act like degenerates", one needs to prove one of the following conditions
A) none of us act like degenerates
B) all of us act like degenerates

Following this, if i get a new season for this, it'll be:
  1. Bardock vs Omniman (Dragon Ball vs Invincible)
  2. Gojo vs Makima (jjk vs Chainsaw Man)
  3. Kamen Rider Blades vs Jingliu (Kamen Rider vs Honkai Star Rails)
  4. Nippaku Zanmu vs Kiara Sessyoin (Touhou vs Fate Series)
  5. Ken Kaneki vs Kamen Rider Amazon Omega (Tokyo Ghoul vs Kamen Rider)
  6. Esdeath vs Boa Hancock (AgK vs One Piece)
  7. Lady Maria vs Sister Friede (Bloodborne vs Dark Soul)
  8. Erza Scarlet va Homura Kougetsu (Fairy Tail vs Eden Zero)
  9. Shana vs Rukia (Shakugan no Shana vs Bleach)
  10. Raiden Ei vs Minamoto no Yorimitsu/Raikou (Genshin Impact vs Fate/Grand Order)
  11. Mori Calliope vs Eddie (Hololive vs Iron Maiden)
  12. Jenny Wakeman vs Penny (MLATR vs RWBY)
  13. Arthur Morgan vs Jin Sakai (Red Dead Redemption vs Ghost of Tsushima)
  14. Shao Khan vs M. Bison (Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighters)
  15. Megatron vs Vilgax (Transformers vs Ben 10)
  16. Gohan vs Ultraman Zero (Dragon Ball vs Ultraman)
Why Calli instead Miku? Well mostly because A) Calli is very well known and still fresh, B) prolly the most closest one since both of them have a universal feats while Miku is stellar at best
Hancock vs Esdeath is very good to me since both had similar traits with different role (good vs bad), prefer this than her fight against Gray just because of "IcE ManIpuLaToRs"
I wanted to add Youmu vs KR Blades but noticed that Jingliu from HSR is even way more thematic here, i know she's not appeared in the game (technically, as she did appeared in Jing Yuan and Luocha confrontation) but the way they set her, she's an perfect fighter against Rintato/KR Blades, and because of that, i chose Zanmu and her thematic fight will be against the horny nun, because both actually has a similar role, except for Zanmu she has 0 horniness and actually benevolent, also "Bodhisattva at the Nirvana" is just fire to me lel
Raiden Shogun vs Raikou will be an based L for Genshin per say, and mostly all of the Shogun MU are straight up garbage and just for memes reason (CoughVirginShogunvsChadJacktheRipperfromMGRCough)

Start with db fight and end it with db fight, nuff said to say, especially Bardock vs Omniman and Gohan vs Zero are very much fan-fave and miles better than Omniman and Gohan actual MU
Zamnu vs fate anime girl might be the first Touhou 19 MU I've seen. That only confirms my theory that no one in the places that make Death Battle matchups (like the cesspool of r/dbm) actually plays the games and are just casual fans

Either that or Touhou 19 sucks so much that they didn't bother to make MUs for that game. Both theories are plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back