• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DB Team kinda just doesnt do recently popular characters well. They just dont prioritize them. FallGuysAmongUs would have been great 2021-22, less now. They missed out on Kratos' Norse Saga. And on that, even DMCV to do Kratos vs Dante. Even BowserEggman might slip to next season. The only thing thats timed well decently are ******* comics because ofc, and even then not always them.

This is my main point. They're just sooooooooo bad at this, like it really boggles my mind. Why they don't just look at video game release dates (which admittedly are not always reliable and are subject to change) and capitalize on something that's garnering a lot of hype is beyond me.

Death Battle is in the unique position where they can piggyback off of existing properties popularity, WHY DON'T THEY?!

This is my main point. They're just sooooooooo bad at this, like it really boggles my mind. Why they don't just look at video game release dates (which admittedly are not always reliable and are subject to change) and capitalize on something that's garnering a lot of hype is beyond me.

Death Battle is in the unique position where they can piggyback off of existing properties popularity, WHY DON'T THEY?!
like i said idk especial when something like ObiKakashi came out on Star wars days years back and that shit numbers

1) It takes time and internet culture has a shorter attention span than ever, remember Squid Game? That shit hit it’s peak for only about a month and a half. A batch of sprite fights takes 4 months and a 3d fight take 6-8 months, they’re going to be at the tail end of the hype train AT BEST.

2) If it’s a new property it’s either gonna age like milk due to the death battle curse, dance around origins source spoilers making for a weird analysis, or suffer in quality both in animation and research due to rushing to get the bandwagon.

1) It takes time and internet culture has a shorter attention span than ever, remember Squid Game? That shit hit it’s peak for only about a month and a half. A batch of sprite fights takes 4 months and a 3d fight take 6-8 months, they’re going to be at the tail end of the hype train AT BEST.

2) If it’s a new property it’s either gonna age like milk due to the death battle curse, dance around origins source spoilers making for a weird analysis, or suffer in quality both in animation and research due to rushing to get the bandwagon.
What's Squid Game?

Squid game deez nuts
My reaction to this information:
image0.jpg

IDK about your first point. The internet is fickle, true, but even just 4 months out is better than waiting YEARS before trying to capitalize on a properties popularity.

And Squid Game was ******* huge for far longer than a month. That shit was a phenomenon that lasted into the next year.

But yeah, I can see what you're getting at. Research and animation takes time, and it is hard to guess trends. It just seems like more often than not they don't even bother.

Why all 5? Cuz they are main characters at first in their series?
yes

IDK about your first point. The internet is fickle, true, but even just 4 months out is better than waiting YEARS before trying to capitalize on a properties popularity.

And Squid Game was ******* huge for far longer than a month. That shit was a phenomenon that lasted into the next year.

But yeah, I can see what you're getting at. Research and animation takes time, and it is hard to guess trends. It just seems like more often than not they don't even bother.
there fair points on both cases here fandom main point is true in the sense its hard to gauge how long a series popularity would last given it can go from a month to a year

Hunter has a point as well at times it seems like they don't try but i feel it less of they don't try its gonna boil down to how previous episodes performances and whatever as well as the resources for it may prevent it from coming into frution

true but it does help bring KI back into the limelight especially now that MK1 gonna come out next month and building hype
could last into next year
If Death Battle would remotely capitalize on it

Either way Liu Kang will carry the episode big time and by himself he can do the job at this point in time

I'm willing to concede that it's probably harder than I'm assuming. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

BUT.... if Jago vs Liu Kang doesn't happen this season then I swear to God, I'm going to call them all big ol' dumb-dumbs.

I'm willing to concede that it's probably harder than I'm assuming. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

BUT.... if Jago vs Liu Kang doesn't happen this season then I swear to God, I'm going to call them all big ol' dumb-dumbs.
I may in part agree but did a lot of us expect MK coming in wit a new game this year
I felt we don't knew until they showed a trailer in May

Trying cipher again:
  • AntAtom: Atom (lol)
  • SkyrimDS: Swords
  • KilluaMisaka: Money (Misaka uses coin as weapon)
  • StitchRocket: Wave (Stitch literally surfs in the ep lol)
  • VaderObito: Flower? (God Tree kind of)
  • PhoenixRaven: Yin Yang (track cover and they are opposing forces of kinds)
  • GutsDimitri: Half circles (They kind of look like moons)
Tho in hindsight flower symbol might have someone meditating in it? Despite that, for now that leaves:
  • Suit: A mecha battle, semi-joke as a symbol lol
  • Star: Jojo baybee
  • Scales: She-Hulk because pain and misery
  • Skulls & Bones: Spooky scary skeletons and/or pirates
  • Pentagram: Spawn/GR
  • Crossing paths: AlexCole?...
  • Beaker: ...unless its this. Otherwise BowserEggman or JimmyDexter
  • Recycling: CAPTAIN PLANET
  • Question Mark: Death of Dorito

Trying cipher again:
  • AntAtom: Atom (lol)
  • SkyrimDS: Swords
  • KilluaMisaka: Money (Misaka uses coin as weapon)
  • StitchRocket: Wave (Stitch literally surfs in the ep lol)
  • VaderObito: Flower? (God Tree kind of)
  • PhoenixRaven: Yin Yang (track cover and they are opposing forces of kinds)
  • GutsDimitri: Half circles (They kind of look like moons)
Tho in hindsight flower symbol might have someone meditating in it? Despite that, for now that leaves:
  • Suit: A mecha battle, semi-joke as a symbol lol
  • Star: Jojo baybee
  • Scales: She-Hulk because pain and misery
  • Skulls & Bones: Spooky scary skeletons and/or pirates
  • Pentagram: Spawn/GR
  • Crossing paths: AlexCole?...
  • Beaker: ...unless its this. Otherwise BowserEggman or JimmyDexter
  • Recycling: CAPTAIN PLANET
  • Question Mark: Death of Dorito
I think It's a good guess.

Also resources definitely plays a factor given part of the reasons Clare got cucked because she didn't have a 3D model while Dimitri had one

And why arguably Yugi vs Ash nah not happened this year cause they stated they need tons of resources on that one
Watch fights made by Fabersoul and TerminalMontage and you will know that the idea of Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto may just not fit that well into modern Death Battle.

Even Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia may just barely fit into a 6-minute fight.

Sticket is right there please stop using that one LOL

Also a lot of people are completely forgetting about the Cipher text and zeroing in on just the symbols, there’s probably important stuff in that text. It made a Hunter x Hunter rep pretty obvious
Now we talk about that... Does that mean "kill them all treat them violent" is a reference to the Dimitri meme in "kill every last one of them"?
That "X people out but keep it silent" is about how we keep the X silent when speaking Hunter X Hunter?

Last edited:
Back