• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Tipper17 I wouldn’t say Vs wiki is reliant on popular mainstream series when I’ve seen a lot more obscure franchises blow up on the site more than mainstream stuff. Otherwise franchises like Fallout, Halo, Resident Evil, etc. would be constantly talked about on the site. Hell Rimuru Tempest blew up in popularity on this site because he took on an overpowered visual novel character, and this was WAY before his anime came out which everyone knows by now.

True, calculations are the most painful thing when working on a verse, especially if you don't do the calculations on your own.
Calculations can be painful.
More painful with more complex details or unfamiliar formula or specific knowledge.
And so is power scaling.
More painful with layered hax and hax resistance and applicability of each multiplier.

This is if you want a proper tiering of course.

Given how typical Yugioh fights are done, I really worry if a Yugioh fight can be scrammed into a 6-minute fight for Death Battle. Unless one wants to really go briefer than TerminalMontage.

yikes Jason wtf is wrong with you
I really want to highlight this.

What has happened to Death Battle Wiki? Anyone got banned for random reasons?

First it happens in Death Battle Official Discord then it happens in Death Battle Wiki Discord. It just looks abnormal these days and casts more people away - casual or not.
Basically:
1. I suddenly losing access to Death Battle Official Discord 1-2 days ago
2. Shortly afterwards I received a message from the bot from Death Battle Wiki Discord and was told I was suddenly being banned from Death Battle Wiki Discord and Death Battle Wiki.

Please DM me which staff I should contact so that I can proceed on finding the problem and resolve it. I shall move on in other aspects anyway.

Basically:
2. Shortly afterwards I received a message from the bot from Death Battle Wiki Discord and was told I was suddenly being banned from Death Battle Wiki Discord and Death Battle Wiki.

Please DM me which staff I should contact so that I can proceed on finding the problem and resolve it. I shall move on in other aspects anyway.
Unless they implemented an official method of applying to get unbanned, I suggest you give up.
When I tried to get unbanned, they ghosted me.
I had to ask someone to ask for me why I got banned. They at least gave a reason but they were unwilling to unban me (I can't blame them)
So I suggest you move on.

Basically:

Why not ask Tiki or speedy in Yates server

Gwen being fed to Atom Eve would be very funny
Okay, is this a new thing that's been coming up? I thought we all agreed that Gwen was fighting Terra Branford.

defzujv-87b7f1ee-5f85-4ed3-90ed-cf215fae83ef.jpg

Never seen the chick on the right in my life
I would say that if Invincible didn't get popular
Gwen vs Eve is just an alt that comes around.

Gwen is based on Eve iirc
Since when did we agree on that? I've only ever seen Atom Eve brought up for Gwen.
God damn I'm old.

This girl is the protagonist of Final Fantasy 16, the best one! I've seen this matchup get thrown around all the time throughout the years, I figured it was still the default for Gwen.

Atom Eve is fine I guess, just aesthetically speaking I see the resemblance, and it sounds like Eve's best matchup. But guys, we really need a Final Fantasy character that isn't from 7. Like c'mon, there's 15 other games we haven't even touched!

God damn I'm old.

This girl is the protagonist of Final Fantasy 16, the best one! I've seen this matchup get thrown around all the time throughout the years, I figured it was still the default for Gwen.

Atom Eve is fine I guess, just aesthetically speaking I see the resemblance, and it sounds like Eve's best matchup. But guys, we really need a Final Fantasy character that isn't from 7. Like c'mon, there's 15 other games we haven't even touched!
I agree with you and I would say this MU would happen if Eve didn't possibly play spoiler

God damn I'm old.

The best bets are Lightning from FFXIII (has sorta a legacy MU with Shulk), Noctis from FFXV (is still among the most popular FF protags), The Warrior of Light from FFI (is essentially a tribute to the FF franchise and the JRPG genre as a whole), Clive from FFXVI (recency bias naturally plus he fits both a videogames rep while also fitting the giant monster battle niche too) and a composite summon monster which after FFXVI is likely going to be Bahamut or Ifrit.

Outside Kefka from FFVI (for obvious dancing mad reasons), I highly doubt other FF villains have even a niche chance of appearing on DB in the foreseeable future due to most of them not being Sephy (lol!) plus I can't see Darth Vader coming back for a third time just to crushed by Golbez from FFIV (who's an anti-hero at worst).

Then again I do vaguely remember that DB would be reluctant to have a non-FFVII rep on the show, similar to how outside Lucario all the Pokémon DB reps have all being from Gen 1 but iirc they've been DB community casts that might've disproved that notion.

Back