• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Piss Luz, Anne is gonna murder your ass.
zO8B25k.png

I've been waiting to post this image for so long.

Last edited:
I have serious doubts that characters from shows with as short a runtime as Luz / Anne wouldn't just have everything given to them. It'd be like using Gon but not letting him use nen because he sacrifices it or whatever.
To my knowledge Nen is Gon’s own power. Luz’s new form was specifically someone (briefly) giving her an amp.

It’s like using TOBA Hulk.

Luz vs Anne is now SSJ4 vs SSB.
Anyways they likely give Luz the titan form anyways given Anne still beats her
Gogeta vs Vegito moment intensified

To my knowledge Nen is Gon’s own power. Luz’s new form was specifically someone (briefly) giving her an amp.

It’s like using TOBA Hulk.
Yi Wang vs Antony Blinken Hulk vs Broly moment intensified

Yeah I know, it's the female equivalent of those no personality black hair isekai protagonist with some kind cheat ability. Like Marcy is probably the best example of that trope but that's not really an achievement.
The trope is starting to spread like wildfire now in recent media, and it's getting seriously annoying.

The trope is starting to spread like wildfire now in recent media, and it's getting seriously annoying.
You mean the isekai protagonists? Maybe that's because audiences would associate themselves to such characters. (In a word, "Choice of Audiences") In-depth reasons, as always, are for sociologists to research.

However, Marcy may be the deconstruct example of the isekai trope.

You mean the isekai protagonists? Maybe that's because audiences would associate themselves to such characters. (Or simply "Choice of Audience") However, Marcy may be the deconstruct example of the isekai trope. In-depth reasons, as always, are for sociologists to research.
Yes.

I'm also getting annoyed at the "QuIRkY" teenage girl trope.

Yes.

I'm also getting annoyed at the "QuIRkY" teenage girl trope.
Maybe consumer psychology could answer this question. Also, I should note that characters like Marcy does not only appeal to teenage girls, but also people who could easily associate themselves to her. And we versus debaters are all somewhat nerdy.

Maybe consumer psychology could answer this question. Also, I should note that characters like Marcy does not only appeal to teenage girls, but also people who could easily associate themselves to her. And we versus debaters are all somewhat nerdy.
That's crazy man.

For anyone who cares here's the spark notes for the Finally

• Before the episode actually started there was this sorta AMV thing where all the characters flashed onscreen, since it was neither power metal or Linken Park it was shit
  • Opens with where we left off with in Episode but magic hands come down from the sky and grab everyone
  • Cut to Luz, Eda and King all having nightmare visions about people they know attacking them
  • Luz is able to figure out what's happening and Amity and Hunter somehow tells her how to break out of the spell
  • It turns out Titan Magic is able to nullify Collector's powers (likely because they need a way for the collector to job latter) and using this knowledge Luz is able to escape and then free Eda and King
  • Collector pops in and decides to dick around with some games but is defeated each time
  • Collector gets sad and as I predicted Luz uses some Talkinojustu and convinces him to stop being evil
  • As Collector and the gang travel around the island Belos uses the opportunity to fuse with the Titan's heart (why didn't he do this earlier, duck if I know)
  • Belos becomes a kaiju and starts corrupting everything
  • Collector scenes this and the gang head to where Belos is
  • Luz gets hit by his death beam
  • Luz pulls a The Hardest Thing and disintegrates
  • Luz goes to limbo for a bit and talks to Kings dad
  • Luz gets revived and gets a power up demon mode
  • The group fight Belos for a bit and the Luz realizes that the only way to stop him is by going to his heart and pull Belos out of it
  • They due and then Luz kills him with rain
  • Montage of them fixing the city after the destruction
  • The Collector pulls a poochie and ducks off to space.
  • Timeskip
  • Luz is now heading to college in the boiling isles
  • Another goddam montage
  • Luz heads though the magic door and where there's a party in her honor
  • Then the series end with everyone saying godbye which was unironically leaked on 4chan yesterday but everyone thought it was fake because of how lame it was
Bump

Niche marketing / Target marketing pals.

Not to sound sexist or ageist but that's mostly due to the fact that alot of female millennial writers/animators use such character to self insert as. Animation tends to attract a certain kind of people to it, so alot of people who enter the field and are accepted in it have similar life experience and sensibilities (such as being the nerd with "no friends" back in the 2000s). That with an uptick in female lead cartoons and said age range being now a predominate chunk of the industry has allowed for such a trope to prosper.
I personally not a big fan of it myself and think that overall it's both kinda annoying and a misguided effort. Like at least with the white bread op harem having anime protags appeal as a power fantasy to a good chunk of teenage boy, but I think that the whole "Le Quirky Whose Like Other Girls and No One Gets" shit is kinda of an antiquated concept and it appeals to a much smaller portion of the population than the people creating even think.
Like let's take Luz for example, the whole "lonely teenage girl with no friends because she like anime" shit is the most "I was a kid in the 2000s problem" ever. Any one whose been on a bus with middle schoolers on it, especially with Hispanic ones, in the past 5 years can tell you that nerdy stuff like anime is much more socially accepted than it was decade or two ago. The whole nerdy girl struggle to fit in is becoming less in less relevant as time goes on. I know this issue is most prominent with Luz but I feel like this kinda echos though the archtype as a whole. Like even for nerds this isn't really that relevant anymore. There are other issues that I have with America's female orientent animation but that's more general stuff like them not getting what appeals to normal girl but I've already talked to way to ducking long so I'm stopping now.

Not to sound sexist or ageist but that's mostly due to the fact that alot of female millennial writers/animators use such character to self insert as. Animation tends to attract a certain kind of people to it, so alot of people who enter the field and are accepted in it have similar life experience and sensibilities (such as being the nerd with "no friends" back in the 2000s). That with an uptick in female lead cartoons and said age range being now a predominate chunk of the industry has allowed for such a trope to prosper.
I personally not a big fan of it myself and think that overall it's both kinda annoying and a misguided effort. Like at least with the white bread op harem having anime protags appeal as a power fantasy to a good chunk of teenage boy, but I think that the whole "Le Quirky Whose Like Other Girls and No One Gets" shit is kinda of an antiquated concept and it appeals to a much smaller portion of the population than the people creating even think.
Like let's take Luz for example, the whole "lonely teenage girl with no friends because she like anime" shit is the most "I was a kid in the 2000s problem" ever. Any one whose been on a bus with middle schoolers on it, especially with Hispanic ones, in the past 5 years can tell you that nerdy stuff like anime is much more socially accepted than it was decade or two ago. The whole nerdy girl struggle to fit in is becoming less in less relevant as time goes on. I know this issue is most prominent with Luz but I feel like this kinda echos though the archtype as a whole. Like even for nerds this isn't really that relevant anymore. There are other issues that I have with America's female orientent animation but that's more general stuff like them not getting what appeals to normal girl but I've already talked to way to ducking long so I'm stopping now.
Cook, king. 🔥🔥🔥

About the Owl House finale Belos fusing with the Titan was pretty predictable. Disappointed that he and Luz never had a proper magic duel where she bests him fair and square.
Which is comparatively the worst and which is the best?

1. Demon King merged into Btitannia
2. Moro merged into a planet
3. Belos merged into Titan

About the Owl House finale Belos fusing with the Titan was pretty predictable. Disappointed that he and Luz never had a proper magic duel where she bests him fair and square.
I feel that the scene is more like "I am All Jedi Magic".

By the way, I don't hate the "Le Quirky" trope and typically don't annoyed by that because I've seen obscure verses and they could have more hating-triggering tropes and it is unnecessary to hate certain tropes. Since my Marcyposts causes something unhappy, I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to share new matchups and Marcy's someone I've been focusing on recently.

Regarding the Anne VS Luz, it could be base Anne kill Luz but Luz revives and activates titan form while Anne activates hers.

Finally saw the Owl House finale, that was peak fiction. Also,
Mfw Anne vs Luz
images
I have just calculated the speed feat about Titan Luz and Eda evading from (just awakened) Titan Belos' grasp and flying into outside Earth atmosphere.
The Owl House Season 3 Final Episode
Released 9 April 2023 10:45 SGT (?)

Bad news for TOH haters
I just calculated the speed feat from that Luz feat.
Will publish once I get approval from VBW admins and/or possibly admins here.
Good news for TOH haters
It just scratched sub relativistic speed level. Lower when I use more conservative parameters.

Last edited:

By the way, I don't hate the "Le Quirky" trope and typically don't annoyed by that because I've seen obscure verses and they could have more hating-triggering tropes and it is unnecessary to hate certain tropes. Since my Marcyposts causes something unhappy, I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to share new matchups and Marcy's someone I've been focusing on recently.

I didn't mean it for you to take that way. I was just asking why you mention Marcy a lot. More power to you.

Lucky: I wish I didn't have to deal with 4Chan...
I wish websites weren't blocked on this shitty so I can see images.
What a douchebag genie trick

00:04:00 Bendy vs Cuphead (Character)
00:40:30 Spear (Primal) and Fang (Primal) vs San and Moro (Princess Mononoke)
00:41:55 Professor Turo vs Dr. Gero
01:24:30 Nagisa Shiota vs Tokaku Azuma
02:10:30 Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Black Mage
03:01:53 Dusknoir (PMD Explorers) vs Magolor
03:38:48 Steve (The Player (Minecraft)) vs The Terrarian
03:54:43 Kai Chisaki (Overhaul) vs Diavolo
04:17:32 Home Is Where The Hurt Is Phyrexia vs The Borg
04:38:59 Tooru (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) vs Makima

Holy this is a big list.

What a douchebag genie trick

Holy this is a big list.

Not gonna lie, I don't think I will like Steve vs The Terrarian. It's clear Brandon doesn't know anything about Terraria cuz that song sounds way too much like Minecraft songs and barely feels like a Terraria song. I think that song will disappoint me.

Holy this is a big list.

Nagisa vs Azuma is the Nagisa matchup. I'm so glad to see it come up.

Yooooo when are we getting Buddha vs Jesus? (Rooting Buddha btw)
if it's this clone Jesus, they'll probably use the Buddha from RoR, if they're the real ones, I'm sure DB isn't crazy enough to do that.

Herc and MK aren't really characters historically that I would consider a big point in religion, basically characters on the side as secondary so to speak, Jesus or God and Buddha would be too much of a religious issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back