• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No need to call me a "Jackass"

"Money isn't everything", yes it is when you need money to feed your workers. DB has a valid reason for not using obscure stuff, just look at Killua vs Misaka. Rooster teeth is not gonna waste their money if it's not gonna do well for them.

You're being naive if you think money isn't important
They had to start a hashtag campaign to get their most popular series renewed for another season. No offense, but money IS everything in this business.
So? I'm still stand with what i said
And you can't change my mind, end of discussion

Tho calling you jackass is a bit odd, but that's because discussing with you is not fun hence i'm a bit snarky @Doggo

DIO vs Alucard is sooo freakin good man. I need someone to resonate with me on this sentiment, after a year and hald has passed I truly think this episode deserves to be put in the musuem for amongest DB's best episodes of there entire history.

EDIT: after getting and giving Hell over Heaven more attention, the tracks really grown on me a lot.
1000.png

DIO vs Alucard is sooo freakin good man. I need someone to resonate with me on this sentiment, after a year and hald has passed I truly think this episode deserves to be put in the musuem for amongest DB's best episodes of there entire history.

EDIT: after getting and giving Hell over Heaven more attention, the tracks really grown on me a lot.
1000.png
Still a top 5 epsidoe tell this day.

1000.png
Truly a masterpiece

This episode defied alot of expections

Its also their fault doing two franchises with nothing relevant in years, could have been done at a time when any had something going
Tbf it's not like killua other MU had much relevance
plus budget n such
I mean Artoria (her Saber variant) has existed since a decade and is fairly known as heck to say, so saying she's not the bonafide draw isn't right (as she's one of the "face of visual novel" and somehow most requested Smash Bros Fighters after Goku)

But yeah, her against Ky wouldn't do much since the popularity of GG has in a decline after their boom
And honestly, about mobile doesn't always translate to clicks is why i really dislike the limit on DB and normies audience, it's like they don't want to try new things
Db does want to try new things but they have bosses like many others
they have to be sure this MU will do well in clicks

1000.png
they cooked on it

Truly a masterpiece

This episode defied alot of expections
"You thought you'd triumph, but it was I...Dio?"
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Seeing the usual cocky and prideful Dio geniunely horrified at the Eldritch monstrosity he's facing when Al starts unveiling what he is "a real ******* vampire" is a unique sweet, the unsettling an mood setting battle score goes so good
Not to mention parts like Dio and the World duo beating the shit out of the undead army Alucard sends out during lvl 0, the flood, I ******* love so much of that fight I almost wanna watch it again now lol
Takahata does such a good reprising job again as Al but I honestly liked Schalk's Dio a bit more, admittely still watching JoJo's but he conveys the characters really damn well
I do feel like this is one of those fights where I could actually talk about a lot because I love it. An I love even the distinctive fighting style contrast between Dio and Al like Dio is taking things more cautiously whereas Al isn't even trying to dodge the attacks and is tanking everything. Hell over Heaven track I'm starting to love more, always loved the jazz piano which is a vibe to me and the guitar rift is so good, the episode and the qna blog explained it really well in the analysis going over both the characters and really didn't left a stone unturned, an what's more I even adore this that Diocard was an episode that came out before Death Battle decided to change the character outros for the end of there analysis by getting rid of the character lines entirely think was because of Saitama vs Popeye and some other Toei Animation properties giving them trouble with copyright, but I'm so happy the way this episode turned out "You thought your first kiss would be JoJo, but it was I Dio!" shows the iconic Dio scene from part 1, "I'm a dog, then your dog food" shows Al unleashing the hound of hell on luke valentine
Realise I'm probably overly excited over this fight but maan just wanted to express this gratitude towards such a PEAK episode.

Definitely a yearly watch every halloween and I even go back to rewatch it throughout the year anyway lol, it's useless, useless, useless..
The DBX laid the ground work for it
Vader vs Obito is not at transcending casual level. Its not going to do OmniLander numbers.

Its still Vader tho, so ThorVegeta numbers should be more possible.
no one saying that but it should still do well
what Mu these days can even remotely pull those numbers cause Omnilander was lightning in the bottle

what Mu these days can even remotely pull those numbers cause Omnilander was lightning in the bottle
I'll still have a soft spot for the DBX version for it's own distinctive vibe and style but this was definitely an upscale.

An yeah Vabito is logistically guaranteed to do well in numbers, having Vader carry the weight alone and an fairly popular shonen jump with a well liked and beloved character from the series should attract a lot of views.

Speaking of DB episodes and views, Misawa ain't looking so hot in retrospect 💀

I'll still have a soft spot for the DBX version for it's own distinctive vibe and style but this was definitely an upscale.

An yeah Vabito is logistically guaranteed to do well in numbers, having Vader carry the weight alone and an fairly popular shonen jump with a well liked and beloved character from the series should attract a lot of views.

Flop confirmed
smoking-3954750_1280.jpg

it is weird RWBY has to "struggle" to earn a greenlit while Death Battle seems to be able to continue on without much effort (at least publicly, who knows what the behind the scenes are)

it's also weird thatr Liam had to fight hard to get Chosneborn approved, so I wonder how the hell did they convinced the higher-ups to approve Killua vs Misaka. I guess they thought HxH was popular enough to carry her.

Man, KilluaMisaka mindbroke some of you lol

DIO vs Alucard is sooo freakin good man. I need someone to resonate with me on this sentiment
No, time to dis on it muahaha

It has Swan's writing annoyances in analysis section, overhyping praise on DIO and hyping up Al as well to set him up on losing.

Not going to touch verdict due to not truly being familiar with them, but DIO's speed is still dumb, and frankly this kind of shit is one of the reasons why everything in VS gets wanked.

But the fight itself is at least 9/10, ish good.

the calcs given to DIO are inflated to hell, but eh, the fight more than makes up for it. The only thing I don't really like in the animation is the zombies/ghouls. They're straight from Marvel vs Capcom and there were no variety to them. Those zombies also disappear when DIO uses his time stop for some reason.

"You thought you'd triumph, but it was I...Dio?"
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Seeing the usual cocky and prideful Dio geniunely horrified at the Eldritch monstrosity he's facing when Al starts unveiling what he is "a real ******* vampire" is a unique sweet, the unsettling an mood setting battle score goes so good
Not to mention parts like Dio and the World duo beating the shit out of the undead army Alucard sends out during lvl 0, the flood, I ******* love so much of that fight I almost wanna watch it again now lol
Takahata does such a good reprising job again as Al but I honestly liked Schalk's Dio a bit more, admittely still watching JoJo's but he conveys the characters really damn well
I do feel like this is one of those fights where I could actually talk about a lot because I love it. An I love even the distinctive fighting style contrast between Dio and Al like Dio is taking things more cautiously whereas Al isn't even trying to dodge the attacks and is tanking everything. Hell over Heaven track I'm starting to love more, always loved the jazz piano which is a vibe to me and the guitar rift is so good, the episode and the qna blog explained it really well in the analysis going over both the characters and really didn't left a stone unturned, an what's more I even adore this that Diocard was an episode that came out before Death Battle decided to change the character outros for the end of there analysis by getting rid of the character lines entirely think was because of Saitama vs Popeye and some other Toei Animation properties giving them trouble with copyright, but I'm so happy the way this episode turned out "You thought your first kiss would be JoJo, but it was I Dio!" shows the iconic Dio scene from part 1, "I'm a dog, then your dog food" shows Al unleashing the hound of hell on luke valentine
Realise I'm probably overly excited over this fight but maan just wanted to express this gratitude towards such a PEAK episode.
My only complaint is the parts they cut from the storyboard

But yeah 100/100 episode...if only Madara vs Aizen was as good

A mix of well-requested matchup with good execution and excellent timing.

It can hardly be replicated in other matchups but one can try.

Poor KillSaka. Still 892k views by now

Did yall just forget that they don't get most of their money from views (they said so themselves, iirc)
Oh they get money from the sponsors too.
This is how Excalibur vs Raiden is made.

Last edited:

I still have to watch it but haven’t been able to

If DB wanted to introduce Light Novel characters, you think Kazuma and Subaru (Konosuba and Re:Zero) would've worked?

He actually does
Dwarf star Level was a highball by a researcher who stated this given Star had it from the start

And Invincible is far faster
I mean, no? Steven at his peak scales above the diamonds who shattered Homeworld by waking up for the first time

And he has speed feats in the quintillion of times FTL

Take it up with him
And based on what gets him at quintillions
Lapis flying to another galaxy in a week twice, the Gems in a few seconds being able to catch up with a spaceship that had just flown 70+ lightyears in just under a minute, Steven himself being able to fly from Homeworld to earth in a few seconds in the astral realm, the ruby squad being able to travel to and search every inch of every planet in the solar system in a week, and almost every gem in the series being able to react to stuff while moving in a Warp which is able to move Gems from Homeworld to earth in a few seconds

Last edited:
Back