• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
CU seems to be the bigger drawer, though again, if you focus on preview clicks, you get Excalibur getting more clicks than Raiden.

I do think Darkrim will be a moderate success, more than Antom

Remembering from what was said in last thread by DB researcher, even 700k in a day is considered at least decent for DC. So even AntAtom at 1.1mil is decent for them.

It is relatively low number compared to most eps tho, usually 1.5 mil in 2 weeks is the norm, AntAtom might not reach that. Better than BlakeMikasa failing 1mil in 2 weeks tho, much less MMvsKAM lol

CU seems to be the bigger drawer, though again, if you focus on preview clicks, you get Excalibur getting more clicks than Raiden.

Surprising for an Asian where Elder Scrolls is far more popular than Dark Souls. Maybe the other games from FromSoftware is more popular I cannot judge but Elder Scrolls is more popular than Dark Souls if it is just apple to apple.

Remembering from what was said in last thread by DB researcher, even 700k in a day is considered at least decent for DC. So even AntAtom at 1.1mil is decent for them.

It is relatively low number compared to most eps tho, usually 1.5 mil in 2 weeks is the norm, AntAtom might not reach that. Better than BlakeMikasa failing 1mil in 2 weeks tho, much less MMvsKAM lol
1.5m in a week was the norm last season, ******* Boba vs Predator got that. That should be the guideline for how the average ep should do. The crew does find the numbers for Antom to be acceptable though, especially after the hiatus.

Also fun fact: the crew is now saying that the Will Smith Oscars slap happening right before Harlinx is what made Harlinx tank because of the algorithim. For which I don't buy that at all. People just weren't interested in Harley vs Jinx.

well Db been gone for 5 months on top of both Atom and Antman not being big names per say
it overall did well especially when u considered last year season opener took two week to reach a 1mil
******* Boba vs Predator got that
were' talking a long popular Mu featuring two well known franchises so idk why that is surprising or used as an example
Also fun fact: the crew is now saying that the Will Smith Oscars slap happening right before Harlinx is what made Harlinx tank because of the algorithim. For which I don't buy that at all. People just weren't interested in Harley vs Jinx.
tbf that was the biggest thing that garner shit ton of news so i'll give it some slack on that front but u have to remember female themed episodes don't well most of the time

i feel it shows the capeshit well is drying up in terms of interest unless its a big name capeshit character involved

well Db been gone for 5 months on top of both Atom and Antman not being big names per say
it overall did well especially when u considered last year season opener took two week to reach a 1mil

were' talking a long popular Mu featuring two well known franchises so idk why that is surprising or used as an example

tbf that was the biggest thing that garner shit ton of news so i'll give it some slack on that front but u have to remember female themed episodes don't well most of the time
The community rolled their eyes at Boba vs Predator and hardly anybody was excited for the episode and after the episode is got very mixed reviews, it's not looked back fondly by most. It was also Boba's 3rd DB episode. That's why I used it as an example, it had a lot of things going against it and still did relatively well.

It's just excuses tbh, it's not like episodes taking over a week to reach 1mil was unheard of. Blakasa, Heihachi vs Geese, Korra vs Storm, and MachoAids all took over 2 weeks to get 1mil. Harley vs Jinx was not going to be a hit in any timeline.

The community rolled their eyes at Boba vs Predator and hardly anybody was excited for the episode and after the episode is got very mixed reviews, it's not looked back fondly by most. It was also Boba's 3rd DB episode. That's why I used it as an example, it had a lot of things going against it and still did relatively well.
the community ain't DB main audience so in reality they don't matter for the most part anybody can look at that Mu and see it was gonna do well regardless
It's just excuses tbh, it's not like episodes taking over a week to reach 1mil was unheard of. Blakasa, Heihachi vs Geese, Korra vs Storm, and MachoAids all took over 2 weeks to get 1mil. Harley vs Jinx was not going to be a hit in any timeline.
im aware of and overall it doesn't matter HarleyJinx did well enough overtime which more than u can say for s8 female themed episode that haven't even reached 2mil

the community ain't DB main audience so in reality they don't matter for the most part anybody can look at that Mu and see it was gonna do well regardless

im aware of and overall it doesn't matter HarleyJinx did well enough overtime which more than u can say for s8 female themed episode that haven't even reached 2mil
You're right. That's why Gohan vs Invincible will happen!

anyways you're right, it doesn't really matter, it's the crew who should worry about numbers.

1.5m in a week was the norm last season, ******* Boba vs Predator got that. That should be the guideline for how the average ep should do.
Frankly, even when I used to look at early views often, I have not memorized them lol

Memory is tainted by S8 dipping weirdly a lot in views.

Ofc, there are reasons for its lowerside views.

Tho after looking at these both comments, man S8 just dropped views a lot in its 1st half.

Link vs Cloud 2 is so low, only 9 eps are lower than it in views, out of 26 eps that are newer than it. I keep bullying LinkCloud2, but how did it fail that bad??

Frankly, even when I used to look at early views often, I have not memorized them lol

Tho after looking at these both comments, man S8 just dropped views a lot in its 1st half.

Link vs Cloud 2 is so low, only 9 eps are lower than it in views, out of 26 eps that are newer than it. I keep bullying LinkCloud2, but how did it fail that bad??
nobody cared about that MU now in comparison to before

IMG_9585.webp

I'm guessing because that matchup isn't really that interesting to begin with? Link and Cloud have literally nothing in common or themes to actually make their fight interesting, in fact they are so opposite of each other than it's kind of funny. They are pitted against each other almost entirely for the rivalry of Final Fantasy VII vs Ocarina of Time from the late 90s, which pretty much fizzled out as more games came out for each franchise, taking away the discussion and Cloud taking a backseat to new protags (especially Lightning and Noctis, who were heavily pushed during their times).

Which makes me think, I can think of a few matchups from the top of my head that do work for Link, at least on the surface. But, none for Cloud oddly enough. I do recall people toying with the idea of him fighting Violet from Persona 5 Royale, but that's kinda the first time a mathcup is brought up.

Also, as the dedicated 'DC getting Ls enjoyer', that is actually not a good reason for MU to happen and doesnt guarantee good views.

Personally, even if HarleyJinx is like 8/10, I dont give a shit about it. I dont play LoL or watch Arcane and Jinx isnt my thing eve after that analysis. Meanwhile Harley was good in DCAU but modern Harley is so pushed that meeeeh

Tho I guess its just the usual **** Penalty that DB has :V

The only thing that fight made me think is that Poison vs Poison element battles are rare MUs that I dont see getting suggested.

On this site or the internet in general? I know Twitter is really livid with the series right now (granted I also think it fell off hard in the later seasons, but it’s nowhere near as bad as shows can get and it had some really good parts).

Also man, Steven Universe has been getting dunked on for quite a while now huh
Yeah people become a lot more critical of its flaws ig

It's not the worst thing ever but it fell off really hard
Whenever DB uses DC characters, do they typically use Post-Crisis or Rebirth?
Both.

Occasionally they even composite all the mainline DC continuities (they used Pre-Crisis tech for Lex)

Harley vs Jinx not doing great was kinda weird yeah, both from the perspective of it being hyped for weeks as the first DC loss to a non-Marvel character as well as LoL having a huge fanbase and the episode riding the coattails of Arcane
The issue is the main audience for those character are mentally ill women, people who want to larp as mentally ill woman and people who want to sleep with mentally ill women. Turns out these groups don't really line up with verse debaters.

Back