• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That won’t effect the cosmology (and definitely isn’t why it was downgraded, it was split up between writers). Even right now one section of the cosmology (DC’s) is being downgraded right now because the differences between the dimensions or realms (whatever word you want to use), is getting it’s Reality/Fiction difference nuked. Thus getting downgraded to the dirt.

Honestly it just comes up to the staff with most input over how we rate the cosmology believing the cosmology should be lower (it sucks but it happens to verses all the time, a verse gets kicked to crap by like one staff member, dies on this site, and is never fixed later due to being a mess. Two of my favorite verses are like that and it sucks).
Yeah and I don't agree with this at all. The cosmology debunks are BS honestly.

On DC stuff, while DC was one of originators of Tier 1 stuff, based on the downgrade blogs, one of the issues was that different writers had different views on the cosmology.

However, those original T1 stuff were quite old, and specifically it was Snyder's more recent stuff that was pointed out as an example of there being inconsistencies. So if those downgrades have a point, then technically it might just be recent DC cosmology stuff negating the original cosmology stuff. After all, recent stuff that contradicts didnt exist back when T1 was created.

Ofc it was mentioned that DC cosmology should still validly be higher T1 even with these problems, so blame Admins who supported the downgrade lol

It is impressive someone else here has even more dislike for comics than me here, truly a feat

That won’t effect the cosmology (and definitely isn’t why it was downgraded, it was split up between writers). Even right now one section of the cosmology (DC’s) is being downgraded right now because the differences between the dimensions or realms (whatever word you want to use), is getting it’s Reality/Fiction difference nuked. Thus getting downgraded to the dirt.

Honestly it just comes up to the staff with most input over how we rate the cosmology believing the cosmology should be lower (it sucks but it happens to verses all the time, a verse gets kicked to crap by like one staff member, dies on this site, and is never fixed later due to being a mess. Two of my favorite verses are like that and it sucks).
Smh, this wikia used to be highly respected, now its a damn laughing stock.

Alright well

The preview isn't giving me super high hopes. Don't think the emphasis on rolling was needed, regular attacks look stiff and don't have the visual/sound design needed to give them much impact but everything else is on point. The atmosphere and track are incredible, and the animation/impact behind Smough's hammer was great. I think it'll pick up a lot; I'm kinda positive on this one, but then again, I felt the same way about Sauron vs Lich King before that episode dropped, so I think it'll turn out better than I think it will.

Yeah and I don't agree with this at all. The cosmology debunks are BS honestly.
I don’t agree with it either. But it’s a thing that is happening far too often recently. Tons of people disagree with a downgrade, doesn’t matter the one staff member with most power (even in comparison to the other staff members that disagree) happens to be the one downgrading the thing. It gets downgraded, forgotten, and is never fixed. I’ve seen it happen like 6 times.

I feel like 4 or so years ago was around the time this site was pretty peak for me. We weren’t cartoonishly over strict and as inconsistent as we are now. So many rules are “case by case” but nobody actually defines the cases so it just goes down to which staff member has which opinion is the one that looks at your verse.

Hmm, the only part that looks really bad to me is when the Dovahkiin was chasing the chosen undead when he was rolling. But I think that was a reference to Skyrim’s janky animations. The power attack and movement is the same in Skyrim as it was there.

Though the parry following the sword rather than the one being stabbed annoyed me (plus the Dovahkiin can also parry so no clue why they had the chosen undead so easily pull it off in comparison).

FxY6PZeWYAYqQ2I.jpg

I found it extra funny since the shout very clearly hit his feet, yet the chosen undead just didn’t care. I know you can block force spells in dark souls, but they still push you back a bit. The chosen undead looked like he was made out of solid stone in that shot which was kinda weird.

Not just from the game but pretty much most fromsoft games, it's common for players to start spamming the dodge roll in a soulsbourne game when they're getting wombo combo'd by a boss or strong enemy
Which is even funnier in DS1 due to it having a notoriously shitty dodge roll system, which it looks like they also showcased in the preview, the CU only rolls in four linear directions lol

I found it extra funny since the shout very clearly hit his feet, yet the chosen undead just didn’t care. I know you can block force spells in dark souls, but they still push you back a bit. The chosen undead looked like he was made out of solid stone in that shot which was kinda weird.
They had him start with the Crest Shield, ie. the best well-rounded shield in terms of magic defense to weight and physical damage reduction ratio in the game

The thu’um isn’t magic and the shield doesn’t cover his full body. I get what they were trying to go for, he’s strong so he blocked it, but he isn’t anchored to the ground, the Dovahkiin would just need to overpower his weight to shove him (which he should be able to).

I get the chosen undead landing it, I just meant they had him do it so ridiculously easily. It didn’t feel cool. Like the parry should have been a game changing moment rather than something that resulted in nothing from either character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back