• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should Blaze The Cat fight?
Rivet from Ratchet & Clank. Sailor Mars is her secondary option.

a bit of doomposting on the discord revealed that once Ben decides to retire, the show is likely finished. They insist they are in good standing, but don't make much profit, just enough cushion to keep going.

they also said that no real competitor can come in and just replace the show, it would take more than money to pull it off as people really underestimate how much it takes to produce the show
Ah damn that’s a shame. I always wondered what would happen should Ben or Chad ever retire or need to step away. I assumed that someone else like Liam may step up but was never sure.

I suppose it’s something we should prepare for within the next decade though, the show’s already a decade old as is.

Rivet from Ratchet & Clank. Sailor Mars is her secondary option.

Ah damn that’s a shame. I always wondered what would happen should Ben or Chad ever retire or need to step away. I assumed that someone else like Liam may step up but was never sure.

I suppose it’s something we should prepare for within the next decade though, the show’s already a decade old as is.
He never said if Ben calls it quits the shows he said he thinks it would be

I don’t think raising the eyebrows of parents is gonna be that big of an issue when it comes to appealing to a younger demographic lmao. I’m sure most of us started out watching the show semi early, and most parents don’t exactly monitor their kid’s internet activity.
Some of us (and some of the audience) are working adults and are taking care of the parents and paying off the rent/mortgage.

Kinda funny we consider Ants tiny yet the ending of Ant-Man Vs Atom implies there are Ants out there that are larger than our minds can conceptually comprehend.

So yeah... not creepy at all...
More crazy and wild than creepy should we say

a bit of doomposting on the discord revealed that once Ben decides to retire, the show is likely finished. They insist they are in good standing, but don't make much profit, just enough cushion to keep going.

they also said that no real competitor can come in and just replace the show, it would take more than money to pull it off as people really underestimate how much it takes to produce the show
More like the vs show will continue but ion a different title once either Ben Singer or Chad James retires.
Like there will be a character versus show but it would not be called Death Battle.

It is more like an educated prediction than any confirmed information.

image0.jpg

Im curious if they will try some shenanigans to give cell the godzilla version in scaling somehow if pitted vs someone tough
You mean a kaiju version? Cell Max is one in fact.

Actually the success of Dragon Ball Super: Super Heroes where Cell Max is portrayed as a giant rather than some human size intelligent talented fighter is why GoZero is stemming popularity harder than GoGa.

Well people kind of have estimated that it took quite US$77K - US$108K to shoot a 24-minute anime show from a Japanese anime house and yes tapping US$1M to US$1.5M for a 13-episode anime show.

Since Death Battle uses some sprite animation and some already existing anime shots, costs can be lower - if Death Battle does not decide to animate Wiz and Boomstick straight up since the end of Season 5.

Many people used to think this is like the midpoint transition, but now more people seem to buy it as the finishing move.

More like the vs show will continue but ion a different title once either Ben Singer or Chad James retires.
Like there will be a character versus show but it would not be called Death Battle.

It is more like an educated prediction than any confirmed information.
Chad only voices Boomstick nowadays, it's up to Big Ben. Liam is not likely going to take over as he wants to do more acting . Apparently Sam said that show can still continue on and retain the name "Death Battle" should RT ever fall. However, things will definitely change if that happens.

So unless Ben already saved enough for retirement, the show isn't going anywhere.

It seems every DB episode costs more than 10k each

It seems Kyle vs Simon has really fell off, per the crew. Nobody cares about it anymore.
Good. The matchup sucks. It's only carried by the animation and song potential.

Rather than feeding Simon to the Green Lantern that will never be as cool as Jon Stewart. We should pit Simon against the getter robo guy.

Predictions on who will win? I have watched absolutely every episode of Cartoon Fight Club and Rewind Rumble and I vividly Rewind Rumble putting Sora at Multiversal in the Disney vs Nicktoons total war from over 4 years ago and while he put Joker as Outerversal in Joker (Persona) vs Joker (DC).

So I predict Joker will win.

Ah, you mean the shit people actually care about? Lol.
Aren't people nowadays obsessed with thematics, connections and contrasts? Either way if I wanted Simon to fight someone just for animation potential, it would be Goku. Because it's funny as hell to see someone fight an atom that fights back.

Nevermind. Maybe I'm being too much of a contrarian. Simon should fight someone his own size. That being said, I don't know who Kyle is but he does not interest me in any way. Simon's alts are more interesting in my opinion.

It seems Kyle vs Simon has really fell off, per the crew. Nobody cares about it anymore.
Good. The matchup sucks. It's only carried by the animation and song potential.

Rather than feeding Simon to the Green Lantern that will never be as cool as Jon Stewart. We should pit Simon against the getter robo guy.
I’m pretty sure people still care about it, it’s just dormant now. Most people have it in their heads that they want it as a finale and a lot of people worked themselves into thinking its an inevitable MU really.
Ah, you mean the shit people actually care about? Lol.
Aren't people nowadays obsessed with thematics, connections and contrasts? Either way if I wanted Simon to fight someone just for animation potential, it would be Goku. Because it's funny as hell to see someone fight an atom that fights back.
Kyle Rayner, Green Lantern turned White Lantern back to Green Lantern because screw development
Must say: a matchup request will die down naturally if not keeping heated. Lesson: Cook the matchup into an episode when the ideas are fresh and do so before they turn stale and harm profits.

There's really only so long that a matchup can be CONSTANTLY pushed for really. Even Colex had times where it died out in terms of how much it was requested. Kylmon has been requested for literally years by this point, and it got to the point that it reached the Ballot. I think that's enough reason to show there's real desire and push for the MU.

TTGL isn't really getting any new material nowadays and I'm not sure if Kyle has a major role in the comics at the current moment so its not like there's anything crazy constantly happening to keep discussion constantly going.

I think there's enough proof that people want the MU, but if it keeps getting sat on and waited on, naturally the push for it is going to fall back overtime.

Idk, man, it's still pretty popular on r/dbm and I'm pretty sure everyone and their grandma requests that MU
That being said, if that's actually true for some reason, I'm pretty happy, Simon vs Ryoma is one of my most wanted MUs (Though it's not like anyone cares about that one too lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back