• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The anime or in general?
How bad is it
I watched it back when a single guy was hyping up Godzilla ultima vs Bill Cipher to be the best thing ever and I found it really boring and forgettable. The action was mid, and I watched it for Godzilla being strong and shit but that Godzilla relies a lot on statements and does nothing interesting, it's all visually boring. I was disappointed when I found out that his strongest feats comes from a light novel westerners solely read for powerscaling. Godzilla does nothing interesting in that series and jobs to the humans in his most important fights.

Unironically, the monsterverse movies are more entertaining.

I am never watching a series because a Death Battle fan is pushing for a matchup. They always choose the most boring, crappy and awful characters and series to start being annoying and promote their crappy ideas.

The anime or in general?
How bad is it
The anime is mostly technobabble. I’m not kidding when I say the majority of the dialogue is physics explanations. Also things just ******* happen with no explanation at all.

I’m normally not a Godzilla screentime complainer, but Godzilla doesn’t show up in full till like episode six, and isn’t recognizable until episode ten. Ultima only gets like 4 minutes of screentime. It’s nuts.

I watched it back when a single guy was hyping up Godzilla ultima vs Bill Cipher to be the best thing ever and I found it really boring and forgettable. The action was mid, and I watched it for Godzilla being strong and shit but that Godzilla relies a lot on statements and does nothing interesting, it's all visually boring. I was disappointed when I found out that his strongest feats comes from a light novel westerners solely read for powerscaling. Godzilla does nothing interesting in that series and jobs to the humans in his most important fights.

I am never watching a series because a Death Battle fan is pushing for a matchup. They always choose the most boring, crappy and awful characters and series to start being annoying and promote their crappy ideas.
Yeah, I hate the whole ultima novel shit. I don’t even count that.

The virgin “watching a series for powerscaling and matchups” and the chad “Just watching good shit and figuring out matchups by chance”

Yeah, I hate the whole ultima novel shit. I don’t even count that.

The virgin “watching a series for powerscaling and matchups” and the chad “Just watching good shit and figuring out matchups by chance”
The anime is mostly technobabble. I’m not kidding when I say the majority of the dialogue is physics explanations. Also things just ******* happen with no explanation at all.

I’m normally not a Godzilla screentime complainer, but Godzilla doesn’t show up in full till like episode six, and isn’t recognizable until episode ten. Ultima only gets like 4 minutes of screentime. It’s nuts.

A power level scaler wet dream while being boring as shit?
Feels like it reminds me of something

Seeing Aang vs Traveler shunted down the goal list to something already achieved and be replaced by Hulk vs Godzilla makes me laugh.

Legitimately who thought having Genshin as a stretch goal was a good idea.

Hopefully that means the kickstarter can recover lost ground.
The genshin character in question wasnt as popular as the rest who deserved to be first more, so its not that genshin in itself was bad

I actually know someone who prioritizes powerlevels over all else and says he gets hyped hearing the big powerlevel statements.
Honestly I feel guilty at times with me wondering how strong x character is but I still want to be interested in the series and characters and not just unga bunga numbers which doesn't matter for overall longevity and relevance

How it feels to powerscale media cause you actually enjoy it;
Dolphin Meme GIFs | Tenor

Honestly I feel guilty at times with me wondering how strong x character is but I still want to be interested in the series and characters and not just unga bunga numbers which doesn't matter for overall longevity and relevance
Nothing wrong with powerscaling a series you enjoy, but watching/playing something simply because there’s a statement in there about hyper dimensionality is giga cringe.

A lot of my favorite series and matchups are super low level and that doesn’t bother me. Because I don’t consume media for powerscaling purposes, I consume it for things like stories, writing, characters, etc.

Nothing wrong with powerscaling a series you enjoy, but watching/playing something simply because there’s a statement in there about hyper dimensionality is giga cringe.

A lot of my favorite series and matchups are super low level and that doesn’t bother me. Because I don’t consume media for powerscaling purposes, I consume it for things like stories, writing, characters, etc.
I say this because I seen so many series that felt like the only exist for Power levels stans need to wank over only for said series for whatever reasons fell off in relevance just to be a foot note

Nothing wrong in making a series powerful but as said no one gonna give a shit if it has nothing else to offer

What would you guys say is the catalyst(s) for changing powerscaling to what it is now compared to its old era? A verse, youtuber, site, etc.?
With god ki, Goku could match blows with the God of Destruction, Beerus. Their clash nearly destroyed the entirety of Universe 7, a cosmological structure at least nine times larger than our own universe.

Y'know, even though I get that not everyone's gonna enjoy Hulkzilla (Personally, Goji vs Gamera refight sounded cooler for me) but I have to give credits to DB team for actually picking a MU that was heavily requested by the community, something that Aang vs Aether wasn't lmfao

Back