• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

By the way, I don't know if anyone has shared this yet, but since Tom vs Wile is on the cards now: WB is shutting down Boomerang and will be merging it with Max. Even though the cartoons won't be going away, it sucks to see one of the longest running distributors of old cartoons being shut down just like that.
Wile E. is cursed. Get bro out of here already

I saw the official crossover animation and it was mid as hell

It had okay animation, the fight choreography was pure crap, like, Baki used a bunch of moves from his series but Ohma barely used the techniques from his series. Baki dominated Ohma throughout all of the fight to the point that it became boring to see.

Then the crossover ended without a conclusion with the stereotypical "both are actually equal!!!"

I am not even a fan of either series but that movie was pure crap and that matchup definitely deserves a Death Battle episode.

I saw the official crossover animation and it was mid as hell

It had okay animation, the fight choreography was pure crap, like, Baki used a bunch of moves from his series but Ohma barely used the techniques from his series. Baki dominated Ohma throughout all of the fight to the point that it became boring to see.
To be fair, the animation studio is mainly known for Baki and.... Dr. Stone in recent years. At least they have Sakamoto coming out soon.

1.HAHAHAHAHA
2. In jest or actual seriousness
Hi, guy who said "hey go watch the Netflix Special" here. It was in jest. I'm not sure how many times I've personally said that offshoot first impressions in a quick run through of over 600 fights doesn't count as our real opinions. And I'm guessing no one stuck around at the end to hear us say "we think really any fight's on the table, we haven't earnestly said something couldn't happen."

Hi, guy who said "hey go watch the Netflix Special" here. It was in jest. I'm not sure how many times I've personally said that offshoot first impressions in a quick run through of over 600 fights doesn't count as our real opinions. And I'm guessing no one stuck around at the end to hear us say "we think really any fight's on the table, we haven't earnestly said something couldn't happen."
Ah I ok figured as much anyways how the thing going?
Also gotta ask ya in regards to Aang vs Aether I gotta ask ya
Not as some insulting the mu general speaking what made ya click with this one as Genshin first debut as well as Aang alts not clicking?

Ah I ok figured as much anyways how the thing going?
Also gotta ask ya in regards to Aang vs Aether I gotta ask ya
Not as some insulting the mu general speaking what made ya click with this one as Genshin first debut as well as Aang alts not clicking?
I just wanna use Genshin and that's what was brought to the table. I know some people here conflated that I want this as a personal pet project even though I said I'm more invested in Ash VS Yugi / Bowser VS Eggman. The general through-line is just that I like the game a lot and wanna analyze something I'm personally invested in. I didn't choose it for the team, they didn't do it for me or anything. I just like it that's it. I think the main thing people see is that us choosing a fight means we dismiss or hate their alts when that isn't true?

Avatar for instance is evergreen within our demographic audience (just people my age really), we could probably bring back Aang 3 times if the fans wanted it. But then there's the weird sanctity of being the first matchup or the first alt to appear in a rematch. So I understand why people might be upset over our decision making.

I feel like Baki vs what's his face is an okay matchup even with the crossover. They're of course not gonna take every tiny thing into account and just have them be comparable strength in the crossover, but DB would actually scale them to their own verse's feats and what not

Only match I feel was a total waste of time was Gogeta vs Vegito, but that's because the series literally stated the potarra are superior to the fusion dance.

Like wooooow so cool the fusion the series said was stronger... was stronger! Who woulda thunk!

I just wanna use Genshin and that's what was brought to the table. I know some people here conflated that I want this as a personal pet project even though I said I'm more invested in Ash VS Yugi / Bowser VS Eggman. The general through-line is just that I like the game a lot and wanna analyze something I'm personally invested in. I didn't choose it for the team, they didn't do it for me or anything. I just like it that's it. I think the main thing people see is that us choosing a fight means we dismiss or hate their alts when that isn't true?

Avatar for instance is evergreen within our demographic audience (just people my age really), we could probably bring back Aang 3 times if the fans wanted it. But then there's the weird sanctity of being the first matchup or the first alt to appear in a rematch. So I understand why people might be upset over our decision making.
Ok makes sense
But asking in regards to the Kickstarter after that's thing done by this month what's the plan afterwards?

Would it be possible for fights to be longer so it won't feel you guys have to cram stuff in or rush it by a deadline and allow more ideas from the storyboards to come into play

Ok makes sense
But asking in regards to the Kickstarter after that's thing done by this month what's the plan afterwards?

Would it be possible for fights to be longer so it won't feel you guys have to cram stuff in or rush it by a deadline and allow more ideas from the storyboards to come into play
That definitely isn't a question for me. I'm not the showrunner or producer. I'm just the researcher / editor with an opinion and some general knowledge.

That definitely isn't a question for me. I'm not the showrunner or producer. I'm just the researcher / editor with an opinion and some general knowledge.
K my bad on that
Anyways are there any fighting game mu ya interested in personally? Those been pushed aside for two seasons

I’m wondering what you guys use to gauge what matches the community wants. I think whatever system you use misfired here. As someone who has been part of both subreddits and multiple discords for years I’ve seen genshin matchups before, but never anything with the Traveler. The genshin community seems more focused on the characters you roll for. Raiden seems like a big one a lot of people suggest for example.

Also when’s the next kaiju fight

K my bad on that
Anyways are there any fighting game mu ya interested in personally? Those been pushed aside for two seasons
Always down for fighting game fights. I've sunk hundreds of hours into Tekken 8 ranked so that'd be my first one. With the buffs, running back anyone would be cool. Hwoarang is my main so him VS Juri or Kim I really like. Cammy VS Leona I'll always stan. Only have 50 hours into Granblue Versus Rising but if we did a fight, it wouldn't be that specifically which is kinda sad but maybe I can sneak in some Versus Rising footage.

Last edited:
Always down for fighting game fights. I've sunk hundreds of hours into Tekken 8 ranked so that'd be my first one. With the buffs, running back anyone would be cool. Howarang is my main so him VS Juri or Kim I really like. Cammy VS Leona I'll always stan. Only have 50 hours into Granblue Versus Rising but if we did a fight, it wouldn't be that specifically which is kinda sad but maybe I can sneak in some Versus Rising footage.
nice to see the love being there for the fighting game genre
what about some anime MU thats on ya mind if any normal vidya MU

I’m wondering what you guys use to gauge what matches the community wants. I think whatever system you use misfired here. As someone who has been part of both subreddits and multiple discords for years I’ve seen genshin matchups before, but never anything with the Traveler. The genshin community seems more focused on the characters you roll for. Raiden seems like a big one a lot of people suggest for example.

Also when’s the next kaiju fight
There really isn't a barometer to gauge community interest. For instance, Deku VS Asta (lol) was seen as a popular alt for a time but by the time we produced it, Asta VS Meliodas was the big boy around and now everyone hated VS Deku. It's kind of hard to gauge opinions when there's so many and there isn't one common consensus. Personally, I think SimonKyle, BowserEgg, AshYugi, and Omnidock all were massive hits.

I think if it was a case of we don't listen to the community, then Simon VS Kyle or Ash VS Yugi wouldn't be fights we pick as those are massive commitments to make to do justice. Oh, and on the other hand, I did see that "they need an inside community guy." For the record, I pitched the Champions Poll, Tournament of Champions, did all the assets for them, and help run a ton of the recent community events. I'd like to HOPE I'm listening to people.

As for Kaiju, idk what's the big one right now? lol

EDIT: and to preface, MY opinion, not the team's

There really isn't a barometer to gauge community interest. For instance, Deku VS Asta (lol) was seen as a popular alt for a time but by the time we produced it, Asta VS Meliodas was the big boy around and now everyone hated VS Deku. It's kind of hard to gauge opinions when there's so many and there isn't one common consensus. Personally, I think SimonKyle, BowserEgg, AshYugi, and Omnidock all were massive hits.

I think if it was a case of we don't listen to the community, then Simon VS Kyle or Ash VS Yugi wouldn't be fights we pick as those are massive commitments to make to do justice. Oh, and on the other hand, I did see that "they need an inside community guy." For the record, I pitched the Champions Poll, Tournament of Champions, did all the assets for them, and help run a ton of the recent community events. I'd like to HOPE I'm listening to people.

Next Kaiju fight WILL be Hulk vs Godzilla at the rate the community chants for it.

Fair. I will say that the rest of the goals are very, very stacked. It also makes the newest one look more out of place amongst them. It leads to a more “huh” reaction when you have all these really heavily requested fights and then Aang vs Traveler.

Good to know you’re that involved, I didn’t realize you did all of that.

In terms of kaiju. I think the big ones are Ghidorah vs deathwing and Destroyah vs Iris

I’ll take anything not Godzilla vs hulk, we need new blood, not reused characters.

Death Battle Crew popping in this thread ever so often to set the record straight and shut us up be like:
images

I generally want to know DJ's opinions on my top ten wanted MU's

Zamasu vs Zanza (Dragon Ball vs Xenoblade)
Minsu Kim vs Tomura Shigaraki (the warrior has returned vs My Hero Academia)
Chihiro Rokuhira vs Blake Belladonna (Kagurabachi vs RWBY)
All For One vs Opaline (MHA vs MLP)
Dan Kuso (Bakugan) vs Gingka Hagane (Beyblade)
Samus vs Master Chef (Metroid vs Halo)
Noelle Silva vs Juvia Lockser (Black Clover vs Fairy Tale)
Andy vs Ban (Undead Unluck vs SDS)
Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail) VS Alear (Fire Emblem Engage)
Stan Smith vs Sterling Archer (American Dad vs Archer)

Death Battle Crew popping in this thread ever so often to set the record straight and shut us up be like:
images
😭 I really do try and not come across as salty, I swear. Just that every so often, people will pick apart our actions when something is up they don't like. More oftentimes the answer is closer to "they do be missing sometimes" and not "this was a calculated psyop to do XYZ." We didn't even think we'd reach the Kickstarter goal in the first day. I promise you we don't have a secret agenda of finely tuned chess plays.

😭 I really do try and not come across as salty, I swear. Just that every so often, people will pick apart our actions when something is up they don't like. More oftentimes the answer is closer to "they do be missing sometimes" and not "this was a calculated psyop to do XYZ." We didn't even think we'd reach the Kickstarter goal in the first day. I promise you we don't have a secret agenda of finely tuned chess plays.
ya fine lol tho stuff like this help out alot at least makes thing much easier to get

I generally want to know DJ's opinions on my top ten wanted MU's

Zamasu vs Zanza (Dragon Ball vs Xenoblade)
Minsu Kim vs Tomura Shigaraki (the warrior has returned vs My Hero Academia)
Chihiro Rokuhira vs Blake Belladonna (Kagurabachi vs RWBY)
All For One vs Opaline (MHA vs MLP)
Dan Kuso (Bakugan) vs Gingka Hagane (Beyblade)
Samus vs Master Chef (Metroid vs Halo)
Noelle Silva vs Juvia Lockser (Black Clover vs Fairy Tale)
Andy vs Ban (Undead Unluck vs SDS)
Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail) VS Alear (Fire Emblem Engage)
Stan Smith vs Sterling Archer (American Dad vs Archer)
Sick. Though I need to play the first Xenoblade to really get Zanza.
I can't give an opinion, don't know Minsu Kim
Same thing but with MLP
Bakugan VS Beyblade is something I wanted to do for a while, but it was right outside when I stopped watching cartoons. I did have Beyblades though.
Neato mainly because of Monty, have other preferred to Samus but I get why this was a thing, especially with turn of the millennia comparisons between Prime and Halo
More into vs Rukia now that I've actually read all of Black Clover (banger btw), but wouldn't mind this either to get Fairy Tale back.
Kino. Need to finish Undead Unluck, about halfway through it. Ban, at least Season 1, was a favorite of mine.
Cool but I hear Engage has a weak story so it's not as grabbing.
Also cool but I feel like Archer has a better series to pair up with like Venture Bros or something.

In terms of kaiju. I think the big ones are Ghidorah vs deathwing and Destroyah vs Iris
I got dope-ass Ghidorah and Irys merch in my room, those are my boys, I'd be happy with either.

I do prefer Destoroyah vs Irys, though. Both are kind of a dark mirror to the protagonist, and mutated from previous Kaijuu. There are other good ones, too, like Zigra vs Gigan and stuff.
Ban, at least Season 1, was a favorite of mine.
Despite the series' MANY flaws, Ban is consistently goated.

Back