• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its basically just both being invincible juggernauts with a focus on "family". Dom is entirely focused on car bullshit and Kiryu once drove cars in races in Yakuza 5, which is the only reason this MU is able to work.

The worst ******* game in the series ruining things for me yet again augh
At least Vin Diesel's inflated ego could be knocked down a peg by having his contract-protected self-insert be ripped to shreds by Kiryu?

Funny, I don't remember Kiryu driving a taxi in 3 or 6 🤔

But seriously, I hope Kiryu gets a different opponent if he ever gets an actual episode.
3 and 6 slander will not be taken in this household. I’m the biggest shooter for both.

I’d prefer Saichi Sugimoto from Golden Kamuy or Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara! For Kiryu. Both lean much more into his actual character and story, as well as providing a much better fight dynamic that actually works with Kiryu’s martial artistry and adaptability in combat even better. Shizuo utilizes the environment in combat (his most popular render is literally him swinging a stop sign) and he leans way further into super human ability that could fit well into Yakuza, while Saichi is a brick wall who has a berserker state that could rival Kiryu’s Extreme Heat mode much better, and his insane survivability would make for a really intense fight.

Meanwhile Dom forces Kiryu to engage half the fight in car combat, a type of fighting he isn’t well known for and engages in literally only in side content in one game, and which then means he gets to take absolutely no usage of any of his interesting facets in a fight in the 2nd half (adaptability, multiple fighting styles, martial arts skill, environment usage & mastery, higher scale superhuman shit, his absolutely ridiculous arsenal size, his heat based abilities etc) all get shafted for this format.

I think Dom, besides just being a stupid shitpost matchup, is actively the worst choice for Kiryu on a thematics and animation potential end, and would ultimately end up wasting him. Considering he’s my favorite character of all time I really don’t want that / :

If you want a Fast & Furious vs Yakuza MU, got for Saejima vs Hobbes. Both fit much better, neither has to sacrifice a large portion of what they’re known for to make the fight work, Hobbes is blatantly superhuman in his movie which makes the whole fight dynamic two huge ******* brawlers going at it, and it also produces the 3rd consecutive L for the Rock on Death Battle lmfao.

3 and 6 slander will not be taken in this household. I’m the biggest shooter for both.
Unfortunately I am possibly the biggest Yakuza 6 hater to ever exist.

Seriously though, I wouldn't say that I actually hate it, since I really do love the entire series. But it's definitely my least favorite.
I think Dom, besides just being a stupid shitpost matchup, is actively the worst choice for Kiryu on a thematics and animation potential end, and would ultimately end up wasting him. Considering he’s my favorite character of all time I really don’t want that / :
I agree with pretty much everything you said here, jokes aside. I love Kiryu a lot, too; I've perfected every game in his saga (0-6) and I've put in almost two thousand hours across the whole series. I'd wanna see him get a real fight, and get the respect he deserves. Dom is a meme choice who literally couldn't even hurt Kiryu, let alone meaningfully interact with the majority of his abilities.

The amount of 14-17 year olds on the official discord concerns me and if a huge chunk of DB audience is that young, then they really should cater to them with fresh and newer franchises otherwise they'll lose them.
Ya know I forgot about that until u reminded me
Who knows what are there main audience is these days or who makes a large chunks of it

Dom vs Kiryu is a thing because Dom has a movie been released and DB tried to cash in on that for a cast ep and thus just created a MU for him.
Nah Dom vs Kiryu existed as a shit post before DB did this cast episode
Meanwhile Dom forces Kiryu to engage half the fight in car combat, a type of fighting he isn’t well known for and engages in literally only in side content in one game, and which then means he gets to take absolutely no usage of any of his interesting facets in a fight in the 2nd half (adaptability, multiple fighting styles, martial arts skill, environment usage & mastery, higher scale superhuman shit, his absolutely ridiculous arsenal size, his heat based abilities etc) all get shafted for this format.

If you want a Fast & Furious vs Yakuza MU, got for Saejima vs Hobbes. Both fit much better, neither has to sacrifice a large portion of what they’re known for to make the fight work, Hobbes is blatantly superhuman in his movie which makes the whole fight dynamic two huge ******* brawlers going at it, and it also produces the 3rd consecutive L for the Rock on Death Battle lmfao.

agree with pretty much everything you said here, jokes aside. I love Kiryu a lot, too; I've perfected every game in his saga (0-6) and I've put in almost two thousand hours across the whole series. I'd wanna see him get a real fight, and get the respect he deserves. Dom is a meme choice who literally couldn't even hurt Kiryu, let alone meaningfully interact with the majority of his abilities.
Pretty much Dom is a straight up shit post mu that should stay a shit post mu

I can't see Dom vs Kiryu work well in a modern DB format especially when it cripples one characters arsenal

folks in the discord was trying to say the dynamic is not bad like bruh did you not play tekken
Like totally ignoring stats and lore and just focus on gameplay or game mechanics - all accompanying with stretched close connections

Last edited:
Gohan_vs_Ultraman_Zero_20230514223823.png
ultraguy spitballing ideas for this fight would start with Saiyaman
then ultimate
then beast

1. in terms of escalation
    it would start with on a slightly more campy side. Saiyaman vs Base size (edited)
    Gohan ramps it up into ultimate
    forcing Ultraman to go kaiju
    then Gohan transforming into beat to match that

I think in my mind it would be focused more around choreography
like I would imagine it would be a 3D fight
Ultraman kinda has the flashey Henshin stuff going on
so like play into the unique moves
I think some dimension shattering stuff would be cool though
I think in my mind the fight would kinda happen in a city
but like Gohan powering up would alter the weather or something

Sure that's a start. Then continue with Fortnite, FNAF, Undertale, or whatever the zoomies like nowadays.

Dom vs Kiryu is a thing because Dom has a movie been released and DB tried to cash in on that for a cast ep and thus just created a MU for him.
Oh yeah I forgot to include this on why they do these casts. They try to cash in to what the hot topic of the week is with these casts most of the time. Though that hasn't really been working too well for them recently except for BB vs Ben 10 and Anne vs Luz.

I don't think Dom vs Kiryu is a necessarily a shitpost MU. If it was Dom vs Lightning McQueen, which was submitted on the ballot, then sure lol and I think it was Liam that said that Kiryu was an option for Dom in BB

Are there other big eps that would attract casuals
idk Makima vs Gojo, you're typical goku vs major big names mu etc
Made a TN for Simon vs Ryoma, this MU will literally never happen but I still love it
evolutions_will.png
if normies were aware of Getter Emperor
Fortnite, FNAF, Undertale
FNAF only has Springtrap for a workable rep
undertale is obvious
Fornite has jonesy
tbh i don't think catering to zoomies is that great of an idea 24/7
this would be perfect

I don't think Dom vs Kiryu is a necessarily a shitpost MU. If it was Dom vs Lightning McQueen, which was submitted on the ballot, then sure lol and I think it was Liam that said that Kiryu was an option for Dom in BB
I'd call it a shitpost MU more because it's just not very good, rather than because I don't think it's an idea they're genuinely considering.

Maybe, but it would be cool to see Goku's new forms in these matches or anything Superman can cook up
Goku shows up in DC as part of a Dr Manhattan style crossover. The entire Sphere of Gods breaks under the weight of his ki as he goes SSJ. As a SSJ Blue, he bullies the Hands, with Superman Prime One Million and the Thought-Robot watching on in awe as they say

"Goku is beyond us all! He... he might even be stronger than God/The Presence!"

Then the DB fans wake up from their dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back