• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png
The One isn't Kharn The Betrayer
HERESEY BLAM

They are trying to appeal to which characters are most popular, and subsequently able to rake in the most view money, with this as a consequence.
So it is just their tastes and view on character popularity being questionable at times. I mean sometimes.

Freddy vs the Movie Versions of Pennywise I’d say is probably fair enough
"Omnipotent" demon god defeated by a mother and child vs "omnipotent demon god defeated by a bunch of teenagers fair enough.

Also frees up Thaal Sinestro vs Yuki Terumi.

As stompy as some may sound, Satoru Gojo vs Makima when.

And curse auto correct. Glitches when I do not need it and hides when I need it.

Ive noticed alot of Naruto vs Luke skywalker stuff on comic vine.

what are the connections outside of having frog-like teachers and redeeming a broken villain?
If I had to guess...

-Both technically were orphaned (Luke's aunt and uncle were killed - before even learning about Vader, Naruto's mom and dad died)
-Trained by a mentor who was haunted by past failures (Kakashi for believing Obito was killed, as well as his father's dishonor molding him, Obi-Wan and Vader's situation)
-Both are considered the chosen one of their retrospective franchises (reincarnation of Kaguya's son and The Last Jedi)
-Hunted by a powerful organization that made or deal with superweapons that revolve the plot (Akatsuki and the Ten Tails and The Empire)
-Both have trained the next generation and set to die in controversal sequel series (Boruto and Rey)
-And I guess if you count... they're among of the most recognizable and influencial faces of their mediums (science fiction and shonen anime)

If I had to guess...

-Both technically were orphaned (Luke's aunt and uncle were killed - before even learning about Vader, Naruto's mom and dad died)
-Trained by a mentor who was haunted by past failures (Kakashi for believing Obito was killed, as well as his father's dishonor molding him, Obi-Wan and Vader's situation)
-Both are considered the chosen one of their retrospective franchises (reincarnation of Kaguya's son and The Last Jedi)
-Hunted by a powerful organization that made or deal with superweapons that revolve the plot (Akatsuki and the Ten Tails and The Empire)
-Both have trained the next generation and set to die in controversal sequel series (Boruto and Rey)
-And I guess if you count... they're among of the most recognizable and influencial faces of their mediums (science fiction and shonen anime)
But Naruto hasn't died. Yet. Writing is on the wall but nothing definitive yet.

I cannot believe that I haven't done more SAO vs Pokemon MUs:

PoH_vs_Guzma.png

PoH vs Guzma:

• Leaders of evil / thug teams that turn subsidiaries to other groups late into their respective series (Laughing Coffin becomes a front group for JSDF that attacked the Ocean Turtle / Team Skull colluding with the Aether Foundation etc.).
  • Both have a prejudiced view of their respective nations and cultures (Guzma specifically rejects Z-moves and Alola's culture because he was a failed Trial member, whilst PoH has gone on record as saying "**** the Japanese" due to his dead mother / dying brother).
  • Both are survivors of calamities that act as inciting incidents within their arcs (Guzma has technically been through Ultra Space, whereas PoH is an SAO survivor).

Before you ask, yes, I'm giving Guzma Goliscopod for this.

Silica_vs_Iris.png

Silica vs Iris:

Dragon Tamers... uh... that's about it? Pina could also be considered similar to whatever Pokemon Iris would be given for this MU (Likely Haxorus or Dragonite).

"Mary Sue" is a term that's thrown around a lot and it certainly dosn't describe Batman, though it's more informal definition is just a buzzword to mean "Poorly written character". As with most comic book characters, the answer to that question with Batman is "Depends on the writer".

As an SAO fan who has seen defamation aimed at Kirito ad astra, I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back