• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratos_VS_Dante.png

depends on what you define as wank i guess. Two people can experience the same medium and have different takes
True. You no doubt think differently on this then I do at least to some degree, but I'm of the personal mind that neither character is tier 2 and really shouldn't be anywhere near it. Then again, compared to some of the horrendous wank I've seen for both, Kratos in particular with some wackjobs putting him at like 5-to-6D, the site here isn't so bad by comparison.

Suspend it for what? I like both characters and have played all the mainline games for both, and I know they're both WANKED BOIS on this site. That's just how it is. Fight would be dope if it happened though.
I mean, considering Dante and Kratos' universal stuff comes from lore and not gameplay, I don't think actually playing the games would give you an accurate read on their full power.

alot of the wog for kratos is super hit or miss for me. Balrog has not been consistent with his own game when he talks cosmology. personally death of the author for me
It isn't even just him. David Jaffe also contradicted the lore as well. He did it in an interview if I remember right, but I can't recall which one. Its not really death of the author for me. Plus there's more to it than just the creators contradicting the lore that they themselves put in, but I'll just leave it there for now. Too tired to argue.

Welp, time to return to my day job of posting
XENO JRPG VS MU CHARTS

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_5.5.png

- You'll notice that Ziggy's MUs have been completely overhauled (Ironwood moving under Egil's MUs now). IMO, Strength (Yuu Koutari) from Black Rock Shooter is his best MU, between the big fists (obviously) and the fact that she lost her family in a burning home being seen as similar to Jan Sauer losing his wife and son to Voyager. Yuito from Scarlet Nexus is a good Honorable mention because of the transhumanist undertones, and his near miss to the others in Scarlet Nexus. Kratos is literally there because of the whole 'dead wife and kid' thing, but I've never actually played God of War, so I can't say much else other than 'he's here because Voyager vs Ares exists'.

- Billy Lee Black also has proper MUs to speak of, those being Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts) and Johnathan (SMTIV). Both being morally questionable spins on a religion or spiritual group / organisation of varying consequence (at least, XIII sort of is), with Xigbar pulling out slightly ahead because he actually has firearms to speak of. Bayonetta is also of mention, but if she's running back anyone, she'll probably end up with that before Billy.

- Jin Uzuki's MUs (Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan) and Cobalion (Pokemon BW)) I'm not overly sure of at this current time (be it a statstomp or loose connections). I asked Enel, but he drew up as much of a blank as I did, so look up characters that:
A) have a strained relaitonship with siblings
B) are ex-military samurai (or take cues from such)
C) are around 3-C+
D) have scatterbrained hobbies (Jin switching professions every 6 months is literally a meme in Saga II)
E) end up dying at the end of their arc

And tell me if any of that sounds familiar.

- Cannan vs Hawks [MHA] (the latter being moved from Mikhail's spot) is kind of a recent one I dug out for prosperity's sake. If you've seen MHA's latest episode, I think you should know what I'm getting at.

- KOS-MOS I mentioned @JoshDoshMosh's idea regarding Aleph, even though I've never played SMTII, and probably won't be able to get to it. Ah well, someone had to go in KOS-MOS's spot. I'm doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to what is basically the rest of the Xenosaga verse anyway.

Oh and Violet Evergarden is there because of thematic links. Yes, I'm aware of how much of a stomp it is, shut up.
Pigeon.png

- Mog I put back in Riki's spot after accidentally getting rid of him for Donald. Oops.

And on that bombshell, it's time to end (for now). Goodnight!
Who's Asimov fighting?

What's up with the different timelines and stuff?
Some staff (which also left before that thread concluded, his thread btw) came and gave his awful take on MK that it cant use fatalities and x-ray to get ratings, as well as the two timelines (midway era and netherrealm era) are similar to DC post crisis and new 52 in how they are treated with each other, as well comics being non canon

Which resulted in big downgrades having most at tier 9-8 (adding on many characters are hurt by bullets or vehicle crashes as counters to being any higher)

I was wondering when New DB theme started and it was on BP vs Bats, ep 88. I was wondering would a certain achievement happen this season but its not close yet. In fact its prolly happening at Season 10 with episode 177.

Aka that's when there have been more DBs with new music instead of the old one.

Honestly its crazy how many old eps they have had.

EDIT: We did surpass the old look count while back tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back