• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that there's no good matchups involving a Belmont.
Actually there is, Richter vs Zangetsu from Bloodstained
Rondo_of_bloodstained.png

Both are the hunters of unholy (Richter is a vampire hunter and Zangetsu is a demon hunter) that wield powerful weapons that are perfect for killing unholy creatures (Vampire Killer and Zangetsuto) and are also very important in the games. Both are fighting unholy creatures in the castles. They also got possessed by the evil guys (Richter was possessed by Shaft in SOTN and Zangetsu was possessed by Gremory in Curse of The Moon).

Trevor Belmont vs Trevor Phillips

Connections:
Trevor

Jokes aside, I'd love to see (more) Castlevania and more street level series like GTA on DB.

Are there any other family lineage protags, that aren't Joestars, that a Belmont can fight? There has to be something else like that out there.
Far as I can tell, the popular Belmont matchups are:

Leon Belmont vs Jonathan Joestar/Skyward Sword Link

Trevor Belmont vs Geralt of Rivia/Joseph Joestar

Simon Belmont vs Jonathan Joestar/Sir Arthur/Pit

Richter Belmont vs Johnny Joestar

Julius, Christopher and Juste don't really have much

Y'know, whenever I think "Neo" I keep thinking of Neo Politan from RWBY. But I get it, it's the Matrix, and while I used to think that initial suggestion was hella cursed, I've warmed to the idea somewhat when considering the implications for our near future. Still haven't watched the Matrix though, so jury is out on whether it's really going to bolt up my list of favourites.

Lightning, though... y'all already know my stance on that...
I mean I don't but, I'll assume you hate the MU? I mean it's actually pretty thematic. Iirc its not just "JRPG protagonists who slay gods".

Both start off as workers for their homes (Lightning's a solider while Shulk's a mechanic) when a race of creatures destroy their home (the Mechon destroying Colony 9, and the Fal'Cie destroying Bodhum) "killing" someone they love in the process (Serah and Fiora) and during said attack something happens to the MC changing their life forever (Lightning becomes a L'Cie while Shulk awakens his power to see visions). After said attack both vow revenge against the race that wronged them going on a world wide hunt for a way to end them while also recruiting people that also hate said race to their cause. After a while both reunite with the one they lost at the beginning, said loved one becoming a version of someone else (Serah becoming the new Yuel and Firoa becoming Mayneth's vessel). And both defeat the person that was the initial cause for the attack and leader of the enemy species (Orphan and Egil). Though both do eventually forgive the race at large realizing that people are only people. Both eventually also come to realize that the god they saw as an ally (Buniniveze and Zanza) was manipulating them this entire time, and conditioning them to become a tool to them (Etro and one of Zanza's disciples). Both eventually defeat the god and loosen their grip on humanity by using their new found powers) to create a world where the gods are no longer needed.

Both start off as workers for their homes (Lightning's a solider while Shulk's a mechanic) when a race of creatures destroy their home (the Mechon destroying Colony 9, and the Fal'Cie destroying Bodhum) "killing" someone they love in the process (Serah and Fiora) and during said attack something happens to the MC changing their life forever (Lightning becomes a L'Cie while Shulk awakens his power to see visions). After said attack both vow revenge against the race that wronged them going on a world wide hunt for a way to end them while also recruiting people that also hate said race to their cause. After a while both reunite with the one they lost at the beginning, said loved one becoming a version of someone else (Serah becoming the new Yuel and Firoa becoming Mayneth's vessel). And both defeat the person that was the initial cause for the attack and leader of the enemy species (Orphan and Egil). Though both do eventually forgive the race at large realizing that people are only people. Both eventually also come to realize that the god they saw as an ally (Buniniveze and Zanza) was manipulating them this entire time, and conditioning them to become a tool to them (Etro and one of Zanza's disciples). Both eventually defeat the god and loosen their grip on humanity by using their new found powers) to create a world where the gods are no longer needed.
Wow... so THAT'S why it's so popular...

(For reference, I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy).

unknown.png

unknown.png

As for Jubei vs Jotaro:
  • Member of a six hero squad
  • Rocky relationship with their daughter because of the fact that they abandoned them when they were young. Both Jotaro and Jubei left their daughters in an attempt to keep them safe from, for a lack of better words, their “mission” (Jotaro’s stand problems and Jubei’s journey to destroy Kilns)
  • Typically depicted as level-headed, but one can still see a hint of guilt in their eyes after witnessing the deaths of their friends (Nine and Trinity for Jubei; Kakyoin, Avdol, and Iggy for Jotaro)
  • Ended up becoming a mentor for a somewhat more aggressive and brash protagonist (Ragna and Josuke) [ok I’ll admit this one’s kinda stretchy]
  • Cool jacket lmao
Oh and Ig the connection of they’re described/depicted as the strongest character (Jubei quite literally being given the title of the “strongest man” and Jotaro’s Star Platinum usually being depicted as unstoppable)
I don't know why but I lowkey like it.

Let me tidy up some close connections between Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) and Shulk raised by @Nero415
  • Both start off as workers for their homes (Lightning's a solider while Shulk's a mechanic)
  • when a race of creatures destroy their home (the Mechon destroying Colony 9, and the Fal'Cie destroying Bodhum)
  • "killing" someone they love in the process (Serah and Fiora)
  • and during said attack something happens to the MC changing their life forever (Lightning becomes a L'Cie while Shulk awakens his power to see visions).
  • After said attack both vow revenge against the race that wronged them going on a world wide hunt for a way to end them while also recruiting people that also hate said race to their cause.
  • After a while both reunite with the one they lost at the beginning, said loved one becoming a version of someone else (Serah becoming the new Yuel and Firoa becoming Mayneth's vessel).
  • And both defeat the person that was the initial cause for the attack and leader of the enemy species (Orphan and Egil).
  • Though both do eventually forgive the race at large realizing that people are only people.
  • Both eventually also come to realize that the god they saw as an ally (Buniniveze and Zanza) was manipulating them this entire time, and conditioning them to become a tool to them (Etro and one of Zanza's disciples).
  • Both eventually defeat the god and loosen their grip on humanity by using their new found powers) to create a world where the "gods" are no longer needed.
Yeah Shulk and Lightning has a lot of close conections, and the primary connection "JRPG god slaying protagonists" still stay good and attractive.
This makes me wonder day by day why Death Battle is not doing this during Season 7.

Well this relationship (Sword Art Online and Accel World) is still just a rumor.

But Kuroyukihime does share some close connections with Kirito, as both use a high-speed, dual-sword fighting style and is skilled in close combat.

Speaking of which, Shiroe and Kirito also share close connections as both are male protagonists who are somehow locked at an online game and has to face dire situations to get out of them.

Oh there is one contrast thing: while Kirito is known for being super fast in the online game and is very athletic in "reality" like outside the game world, Kaede Honjou (Maple) is below average student outside the game world and her avatar adopts a tanking and counter striking style.

While Shiroe is a strategist and can play very well leading or following other players under different situations.

All four characters prefer black clothing and are also leaders / "guild masters" of their respective online game clans or worlds. (Shiroe is the Guild Master of Log Horizon, Maple the guild master of Maple Tree, Kuroyukihime the leader of Nega Nebulus, and Kirito (Despite given high regard in a clan as he joins a few) is the Star King during the two hundred years worth of time in Underworld)

My list can go on but I am about to work soon and I have a bunch of calc requests and evaluation works.
Oh yeah to expand the close connections and contrasts I can draw on close connections among Kirito, Kuroyukihime, Shiroe and Maple (BOFURI).

Oh yeah all four characters come from the light novels / web novels portraying pseudo-isekai verses: where characters are ordinary humans until after some incidents they are engaged in a series of events in an online game, where the player actually plays an online game rather than being dragged into a legit isekai.

Kuroyukihime was being used as a test object but other than being able to use Brain Burst as real life time stop and slight increase in perception and reaction speed, ... not even close to what the game avatar can do.

I was rewatching Beast Wars (I recommend to watch it btw, one of the best animated shows of all time imho) and i randomly made this match
legendary_rampage.png

Broly (Z) vs Rampage
Both were born overpowered (Broly was born with a power level of 10 thousand and Rampage had an indestructable spark). Both were feared and hated by their own kind (Saiyans wanted to kill Broly because he was too strong and Rampage was straight up evil). Both are extremely violent and insane. Both are so dangerous that their masters (Paragus and Megatron) created a device that controlled them. Both where rumoured to be dead, but later came back. Both are huge and have no pupils.
Tbh sounds really good, but my man Rampage gets ******* turned into scrap metal and matching their fighting styles can be tricky

Last edited:
what you mean what
Gohan: Best Mu is just Goku vs Superman: Sons editions, his other alternate is against invincible who's even more of a diet coke version of that MU and adds nothing new

Piccolo: MMH is his best but it just like above but Green Man edition and has that obvious feel of a stomp moreso than other MU, big green alts are just meh

Trunks: vs Silver is just Redundancy incarnate, plus his other Alternate are meh as hell or bad

I agree Gohan vs Superboy is redundant and Gohan vs Invincible is boring af.

Piccolo vs MMH has decent amount of connections and these characters aren't similar to Goku and Superman outside being aliens like them.

I really don't see how Trunks vs Silver is redundant as they aren't that similar to Vegeta vs Shadow in terms of powers and that episode was way back in early DB.

I agree Gohan vs Superboy is redundant and Gohan vs Invincible is boring af.

Piccolo vs MMH has decent amount of connections and these characters aren't similar to Goku and Superman outside being aliens like them.

I really don't see how Trunks vs Silver is redundant as they aren't that similar to Vegeta vs Shadow in terms of powers and that episode was way back in early DB.
its redundant in the sense of the outcome and what can you do with the fight between both characters
Piccolo vs MMH does have Good animation Potential

It baffles me on how the likes of Piccolo, Gohan, and Trunks MU spread be literal ass cheeks
Luminary is right there for Trunks. Akira Toriyama swordsmen prince's who travelled back in time to prevent the deaths of close loved ones (Veronica/Basically everyone for Trunks) and generally prevent the apocalypse, only to accidentally bring an even worse threat with them (Cell taking Trunks's time machine, Calasmos following Luminary through time). Both also have access to a variety of techniques that stem from a limited pool of life energy and a super state that involves them glowing blue.

Last edited:
Piccolo vs MM, Trunks vs Silver & Sly vs Rogue are among some popular matches that just feels ehh, mainly due to stompiness or being bit too basic.

M2 vs Frieza & Maul vs Carnage were rejected due to just bad connections, but honestly I am wondering if those former 3 get to be made. They did classic stomp matches and still do stomps, but I'm not sure if those 3 get to be made, at least Piccolo vs MM since Sonic fights kinda got acknowledged. Vegeta vs Thor for next season feels likelier than those.

Are there other classic fights you don't feel like are that guaranteed?

Luminary is right there for Trunks. Akira Toriyama swordsmen prince's who travelled back in time to prevent the deaths of close loved ones (Veronica/Basically everyone for Trunks) and generally prevent the apocalypse, only to accidentally bring an even worse threat with them (Cell taking Trunks's time machine, Calasmos following Luminary through time). Both also have access to a variety of techniques that stem from a limited pool of life energy and a super state that involves them glowing blue.
It's not a popular MU for trunks along side the fact neither characters fighting style Matches up well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back