• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think the Homing Attack should stay since it’s very possible Sonic was using it there. Removing Damage Boost and adding Enhanced Senses seems ok.
That is very odd, but glad we agree.
I suppose that all makes sense, though the Poltergust also has a Class 50 pulling force from the bombs.
It's possible, sure, but we can't actually say from just the animation that it was indeed a homing attack

Also, I was looking through Luigi vs Tails again, and despite being slightly transparent, all of the clouds Tails is flying around the level of honestly look more like large puffy cumulus clouds, not cirrus clouds (Cirrus clouds are far wispier than the ones we see)

It's possible, sure, but we can't actually say from just the animation that it was indeed a homing attack

Also, I was looking through Luigi vs Tails again, and despite being slightly transparent, all of the clouds Tails is flying around the level of honestly look more like large puffy cumulus clouds, not cirrus clouds (Cirrus clouds are far wispier than the ones we see)
I mean, Homing Attack is much more aerial based conceptually. It’s easily the more likely move used.

Does that change the calcs in any way?

I mean, Homing Attack is much more aerial based conceptually. It’s easily the more likely move used.

Does that change the calcs in any way?
Except going off the animation alone we wouldn't even know that Sonic has a homing attack, let alone that he was specifically using it over just the spin dash, which he's already shown off

It downgrades them pretty hard, since cumulus clouds have an average height of ~900 meters compared to Cirrus' 4000+ bare minimum Tails flying speed (Which I was just in the middle of adding to my calc blog for the series) goes from Mach 7.4 to Mach 1.48, the poltergust launching speed goes from Mach 6.7 to mach 1.33, and the poltergust's launching force goes down to 36,991.89 Metric tons, which is still Class M, but much lower

Also one last thing: Man I just keep piling on the Sonic profiles, I am not beating the allegations Sonic's Subsonic+ feat was done while he had the lightning shield, which boosts his speed, so his base form shouldn't scale to it (If we consider all of his shields to amp his speed to the same degree, then Mario and base Sonic could have Subsonic+ reaction speed, since Mario could react to a charge from Sonic with the fire shield to hit him with his hammer, but they shouldn't scale in movement speed)

I don’t think there is. The most is Sonic running up the mountain with the electric shield but nothing implies it made him faster than usual

If the Subsonic+ thing is considered a speed boost from the shield, perhaps we can calculate the running speed of Giant Mario since Base Sonic managed to outrun him?

Also I've decided to add Inverse Square Law to one of my old Deku Asta calcs and got... a result higher than Deku's ultimate attack. very interesting

If the Subsonic+ thing is considered a speed boost from the shield, perhaps we can calculate the running speed of Giant Mario since Base Sonic managed to outrun him?

Also I've decided to add Inverse Square Law to one of my old Deku Asta calcs and got... a result higher than Deku's ultimate attack. very interesting
I think the animation generally shows Mega Mario moving in a similar timeframe as his small self, so you could probably upscale his mega form's movement speed from his normal size's movement speed (Though off the top of my head I don't think base Mario has any real good feats of movement speed, so it'd probably just be upscaling from normal human speed)

Also since nobody's objected to any of them thus far, I'm assuming everyone's fine with the stuff I brought up for the other profiles?

Also since nobody's objected to any of them thus far, I'm assuming everyone's fine with the stuff I brought up for the other profiles?
Everything else looks fine. I’d say to keep Knuckles’ 7-C scaling since he was able to briefly harm Donkey Kong and the clap just seemed like a more focused attack rather than something that much stronger than what Knuckles survived prior. It could also just be considered superior LS since Knuckles was crushed.

Everything else looks fine. I’d say to keep Knuckles’ 7-C scaling since he was able to briefly harm Donkey Kong and the clap just seemed like a more focused attack rather than something that much stronger than what Knuckles survived prior. It could also just be considered superior LS since Knuckles was crushed.
He didn't really "harm" him and more just staggered him with some of his blows, I'd be alright with something like "At most 7-C," noting that he's at least slightly comparable though still overall weaker (Especially since the 7-C attack is the one that kills him)

He didn't really "harm" him and more just staggered him with some of his blows, I'd be alright with something like "At most 7-C," noting that he's at least slightly comparable though still overall weaker (Especially since the 7-C attack is the one that kills him)
Yeah, “8-B+, at most 7-C” seems most fitting

So Deku and Asta should be upgraded to High 7-C+? Also we missed Deku using Fa Jin at 17:20 so gonna get to that in the morning.
I guess? It does happen after Asta enters his Devil Union form and Deku activates Gearshift, so they should still be High 8-C prior to that, I think.

I guess? It does happen after Asta enters his Devil Union form and Deku activates Gearshift, so they should still be High 8-C prior to that, I think.
Alright so “High 8-C+, up to High 7-C+ with Fa Jin and Gearshift, far higher with Plus Ultra” seems like what we’re going with

Speaking of Deku VS Asta...
Looking back at the Deku's building LS feat, how come the hollowness of the building isn't accounted for?
Doing a quick calculation of this, the volume of the building (With 80% hollow because we assumed buildings are that hollow) is actually around 159.96m^3, multiplying that with the density gives us 383904 kilograms or 383.904 Metric Tonnes (Class K)

Speaking of Deku VS Asta...
Looking back at the Deku's building LS feat, how come the hollowness of the building isn't accounted for?
Doing a quick calculation of this, the volume of the building (With 80% hollow because we assumed buildings are that hollow) is actually around 159.96m^3, multiplying that with the density gives us 383904 kilograms or 383.904 Metric Tonnes (Class K)
I don't think the buildings are actually meant to be inhabited, they're just fake prop buildings. So I think that's why it's assumed that there is no hollowness

I don't think the buildings are actually meant to be inhabited, they're just fake prop buildings. So I think that's why it's assumed that there is no hollowness
I don't think being prop buildings would translate to them not being hollow, like, if the entire point of this arena is to be a simulated city, why would the buildings just be solid blocks of concrete? (We also see that they have doors and windows, why bother adding those if the buildings are entirely solid blocks? You could say that they weren't intended to be used, but I don't think the buildings being solid blocks of stone is something you can just assume, especially if it's based entirely off of "people aren't supposed to live in these buildings")

I don't think being prop buildings would translate to them not being hollow, like, if the entire point of this arena is to be a simulated city, why would the buildings just be solid blocks of concrete? (We also see that they have doors and windows, why bother adding those if the buildings are entirely solid blocks? You could say that they weren't intended to be used, but I don't think the buildings being solid blocks of stone is something you can just assume, especially if it's based entirely off of "people aren't supposed to live in these buildings")
If that's the case, we need to redo pretty much all of the Deku vs Asta calcs as all of them assume that the buildings aren't hollow

Oh boy, Deku's about to get a downgrade

Except going off the animation alone we wouldn't even know that Sonic has a homing attack, let alone that he was specifically using it over just the spin dash, which he's already shown off
That’s a bit unfair though because the animators clearly intended for that to be a Homing Attack. How often do you think someone would use the Spin Dash midair in place of the Homing Attack? I don’t wanna appeal to the lowest common denominator who can’t tell things like that instead of accurately representing what’s actually in the animation.

That’s a bit unfair though because the animators clearly intended for that to be a Homing Attack. How often do you think someone would use the Spin Dash midair in place of the Homing Attack? I don’t wanna appeal to the lowest common denominator who can’t tell things like that instead of accurately representing what’s actually in the animation.
What they intended doesn't really matter, if there's no indication within the animation itself that Sonic used a homing attack there, then without knowledge from outside the animation that a homing attack is even a thing Sonic can do, you wouldn't be able to ascertain that Sonic is using such an attack just going off the animation and not using any prior knowledge.

What they intended doesn't really matter, if there's no indication within the animation itself that Sonic used a homing attack there, then without knowledge from outside the animation that a homing attack is even a thing Sonic can do, you wouldn't be able to ascertain that Sonic is using such an attack just going off the animation and not using any prior knowledge.
I thought the point of these profiles was to document the character’s abilities as shown in the animation. Why should we prioritize the viewers over the people who actually know what’s happening because they made the episodes? The indication is right in your face. Mario is midair with Sonic hitting him, you know, like how Sonic is known to do with the Homing Attack and not the Spin Dash. With that logic, someone also wouldn’t know what a Spin Dash is and just assume Sonic is becoming a ball without getting the implications that he’s using his quills or whatever other detail.

I thought the point of these profiles was to document the character’s abilities as shown in the animation. Why should we prioritize the viewers over the people who actually know what’s happening because they made the episodes? The indication is right in your face. Mario is midair with Sonic hitting him, you know, like how Sonic is known to do with the Homing Attack and not the Spin Dash. With that logic, someone also wouldn’t know what a Spin Dash is and just assume Sonic is becoming a ball without getting the implications that he’s using his quills or whatever other detail.
They are, and with just the knowledge from what's shown in the animation we can't say that Sonic just using an attack in the air indicates that it has homing properties/was a homing attack. The "indication" is pretty minor and is just "Sonic used a spin dash in the air," and Sonic can hit things with the spin dash in the air anyway, so we can't say for certain that this was actually a homing attack over a spin dash. Sure, but we're not using abilities it would have from outside the animation and are only giving it what it's been shown doing in the animation, all we're giving the spin dash is the fact that it can amp speed and that Sonic seems to be able to navigate despite being curled into a ball obscuring his eyes, both of which are stuff that happens in the animation and don't require outside knowledge. As for the natural weaponry, Sonic tears into Mario's back using the spin dash at the end of the fight, which would be pretty weird if he was just curled into a round ball. We throw canon names on attacks for all of these profiles, since it doesn't have much bearing on anything, we don't extrapolate anything just from the attack names or what they do in canon

They are, and with just the knowledge from what's shown in the animation we can't say that Sonic just using an attack in the air indicates that it has homing properties/was a homing attack. The "indication" is pretty minor and is just "Sonic used a spin dash in the air," and Sonic can hit things with the spin dash in the air anyway, so we can't say for certain that this was actually a homing attack over a spin dash. Sure, but we're not using abilities it would have from outside the animation and are only giving it what it's been shown doing in the animation, all we're giving the spin dash is the fact that it can amp speed and that Sonic seems to be able to navigate despite being curled into a ball obscuring his eyes, both of which are stuff that happens in the animation and don't require outside knowledge. As for the natural weaponry, Sonic tears into Mario's back using the spin dash at the end of the fight, which would be pretty weird if he was just curled into a round ball. We throw canon names on attacks for all of these profiles, since it doesn't have much bearing on anything, we don't extrapolate anything just from the attack names or what they do in canon
Sonic doesn’t use Spin Dash in the air is the thing. We know Sonic had to aim which is why he has enhanced awareness as well. The only issue with using the Homing Attack is that it’s glossed over, but that’s more an animation issue than a reason to remove the ability outright, even when it’s shown off. Maybe you’re not certain, but I sure am. We can use stuff like Homelander’s Heat Vision when it’s not explicitly stated as being Heat based and Carnage being a symbiote when they’re not explicitly stated. Sonic using one of his regular moves on screen should fall under the same category as those instances. For that example, someone who doesn’t know the Homing Attack might not even know Sonic is a hedgehog and just assume he rolled really fast and killed Mario that way. I think it should be added back and I intend on restoring it to the page since it’s clearly displayed.

Sonic doesn’t use Spin Dash in the air is the thing. We know Sonic had to aim which is why he has enhanced awareness as well. The only issue with using the Homing Attack is that it’s glossed over, but that’s more an animation issue than a reason to remove the ability outright, even when it’s shown off. Maybe you’re not certain, but I sure am. We can use stuff like Homelander’s Heat Vision when it’s not explicitly stated as being Heat based and Carnage being a symbiote when they’re not explicitly stated. Sonic using one of his regular moves on screen should fall under the same category as those instances. For that example, someone who doesn’t know the Homing Attack might not even know Sonic is a hedgehog and just assume he rolled really fast and killed Mario that way. I think it should be added back and I intend on restoring it to the page since it’s clearly displayed.
Homelander's heat vision has feats of being heat vision (Charring Debby's body) and Carnage being a symbiote doesn't give him any abilities based solely off that, any abilities he has are based on what's in the animation alone. My dude he's called "Sonic the hedgehog." If you want to say that's not enough for natural weaponry, then sure, nuke that too, but the fact of the matter is that Sonic doesn't showcase homing properties with the attack in the animation. All we know is he hits Mario in the air, we don't get anything on the attack being homing.

Homelander's heat vision has feats of being heat vision (Charring Debby's body) and Carnage being a symbiote doesn't give him any abilities based solely off that, any abilities he has are based on what's in the animation alone. My dude he's called "Sonic the hedgehog." If you want to say that's not enough for natural weaponry, then sure, nuke that too, but the fact of the matter is that Sonic doesn't showcase homing properties with the attack in the animation. All we know is he hits Mario in the air, we don't get anything on the attack being homing.
The whole point of a Homing Attack is to lock on to a target like how Sonic pins down Mario’s location to hit him midair. He had to aim which we know, and so he homed in on Mario. It’s not even that big an ability, just a way to score an easier hit which it does.

The whole point of a Homing Attack is to lock on to a target like how Sonic pins down Mario’s location to hit him midair. It’s not even that big an ability, just a way to score an easier hit which it does.
I know what a homing attack is, but what Sonic does just doesn't display evidence of being that. The attack happened in a timelapse; you can't just say he "pinned Mario's location midair," we have no idea what led to the hit, it doesn't matter how big of an ability it is if Sonic just doesn't display it

I know what a homing attack is, but what Sonic does just doesn't display evidence of being that. The attack happened in a timelapse; you can't just say he "pinned Mario's location midair," we have no idea what led to the hit, it doesn't matter how big of an ability it is if Sonic just doesn't display it
He does display it, the only thing missing is the moment before the hit lands. But the implications of Sonic homing in on Mario are there given he’s clearly coming from the ground while Mario seems like he was already midair since he was already so high and was hit. The angle he and Sonic were launched also wouldn’t work like that if Mario started on land. It’s like if Mario hit Sonic with a fireball but we only see the moment of it landing and not Mario firing it. Mario still used his fire powers, we just don’t see the entire usage.

He does display it, the only thing missing is the moment before the hit lands. But the implications of Sonic homing in on Mario are there given he’s clearly coming from the ground while Mario seems like he was already midair since he was already so high and was hit. The angle he and Sonic were launched also wouldn’t work like that if Mario started on land. It’s like if Mario hit Sonic with a fireball but we only see the moment of it landing and not Mario firing it. Mario still used his fire powers, we just don’t see the entire usage.
Us seeing Mario hitting Sonic with a fireball at the moment of impact and saying Mario has fire powers is not at all similar to Sonic hitting Mario in the air and us saying he has a homing attack, we don't see how high into the air Mario was since the camera's so zoomed in, for all we know they were only like a foot off the ground. The angle would absolutely work if Mario was on the ground and got hit into the air, Sonic is right around the middle of his body, and with the way Mario's body is angled it'd actually line up pretty well with Mario being hit into the air from the ground, he's outright being knocked upward

(Also, back on the subject of natural weaponry, you can just visibly see that Sonic has spikes/quills both in and out of the spin dash so that's also not comparable to the homing attack situation)

Back