• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Us seeing Mario hitting Sonic with a fireball at the moment of impact and saying Mario has fire powers is not at all similar to Sonic hitting Mario in the air and us saying he has a homing attack, we don't see how high into the air Mario was since the camera's so zoomed in, for all we know they were only like a foot off the ground. The angle would absolutely work if Mario was on the ground and got hit into the air, Sonic is right around the middle of his body, and with the way Mario's body is angled it'd actually line up pretty well with Mario being hit into the air from the ground, he's outright being knocked upward

(Also, back on the subject of natural weaponry, you can just visibly see that Sonic has spikes/quills both in and out of the spin dash so that's also not comparable to the homing attack situation)
It’s Sonic hitting Mario with a Homing Attack though, it’s his ability being highlighted in the animation. Not just a plain aerial attack. Sonic would have to be right in Mario’s face to do it on the ground unless he jumped straight for him in which Mario wouldn’t go upwards. And if he did jump while Mario was on the ground, I don’t think they’d be pointing diagonally like they are. And a lot of people even who know Sonic also interpret that as just hair that’s not sharp, so that’s iffy.

Also that sequence was to highlight some of the special abilities both characters have since it couldn’t all be used without drawing out the fight too much. Sonic just doing a plain jump or Spin Dash wouldn’t be showing anything new. Him showing off the Homing Attack is what’s shown.

It’s Sonic hitting Mario with a Homing Attack though, it’s his ability being highlighted in the animation. Not just a plain aerial attack. Sonic would have to be right in Mario’s face to do it on the ground unless he jumped straight for him in which Mario wouldn’t go upwards. And if he did jump while Mario was on the ground, I don’t think they’d be pointing diagonally like they are. And a lot of people even who know Sonic also interpret that as just hair that’s not sharp, so that’s iffy.
You keep saying that it was a homing attack, but the animation just doesn't have any proof of that. Rushing forward then jumping to hit someone into the air absolutely would send them up at an angle like that. Also, like fr? (I was also referring to when he was in the spin dash, we can blatantly see what appear to be spines sticking out of the ball) Regardless, we outright see that he has them, and he uses them later to shred Mario's body, natural weaponry is probably fine.

Also that sequence was to highlight some of the special abilities both characters have since it couldn’t all be used without drawing out the fight too much. Sonic just doing a plain jump or Spin Dash wouldn’t be showing anything new. Him showing off the Homing Attack is what’s shown.
Yes, such special abilities like Sonic throwing a punch, and then Mario throwing a punch that knocks Sonic into the air (Smash reference or not, it was literally just a regular punch), such crazy new abilities. That's also just not an argument for the attack having homing properties, so what if some (Read: one since every other attack was "generic punch") of the other flashes in that sequence were special abilities, Mario turning into a statue is blatantly in your face "Mario turned to stone and back." Sonic's was "he hit Mario in the air." Those two situations aren't comparable and none of it is evidence of a homing attack

Already done it
I'm sorry man I just found out about your reply after making the blog😭
You're fine lmao. Granted you made a mistake with the last calc. You wouldn't reduce the surface area of the building as the surface area isn't hollow, the volume is, so you'd keep the OG 316.47m^2 surface area. Doing that gives you 691.80846 Tons of TnT combined, 345.90423 Tons of TnT when divided by 2

Everything else looks the exact same as mine though so we're good on that

Here's the blog if you want to copy the last part

You're fine lmao. Granted you made a mistake with the last calc. You wouldn't reduce the surface area of the building as the surface area isn't hollow, the volume is, so you'd keep the OG 316.47m^2 surface area. Doing that gives you 691.80846 Tons of TnT combined, 345.90423 Tons of TnT when divided by 2
Oooooooohhh, I see...

Don't know if this is a error or not, but everytime I placed "4386276000 J / 316.47m^2 * 8129.678m^2" into the search's bar... instead of getting 2.89 joules, I get instead 1.12677383e11 joules or 26.93054 Tons of TNT (City Block level)
Is that in-accurate or smth?

Don't know if this is a error or not, but everytime I placed "4386276000 J / 316.47m^2 * 8129.678m^2" into the search's bar... instead of getting 2.89 joules, I get instead 1.12677383e11 joules or 26.93054 Tons of TNT (City Block level)
Is that in-accurate or smth?
remove the m and the J and you should get a more accurate answer

I don't remember if this was ever discussed other than being called "cool" by one guy, but what are your throughts on the revised version of Deku's electric speed (Supersonic+) and Inverse Square Law Plus Ultra (Town level)?
I'm a bit iffy on the electric speed but I don't see much of a problem with it

I'm a no on the Inverse Square Law Plus Ultra though. We saw at the end that Hurcule was uneffected, either implying 9-A Hurcule or that people in the stands were capable of surviving. We also heard cheering from a croud after Asta's win and the announcer was clearly still alive. The announcer also had a pretty tame reaction for seeing litteraly thousands of people vaporized in an instant. I think it was just an error with the animation. There was a lot of rubble and rocks in the stands, likely due to Deku & Asta fragmenting the ground and launching rocks into the audience, and animating an audience over the rocks would've been very difficult.

Or maybe it's the other way around and the editors didn't account for the fact that the audience got vaporized when they added the cheers. But I think the former is more likely. I think it's just an error in the animation

Back