• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Dead or Alive & Ninja Gaiden) Ninjas' tiering

As Ayane canonically appeared in Ninja Gaiden and aid Ryu, this should put her to Momiji's level. Kasumi and Hayate also should be comparable to her.

Lower tier fighters and other characters in DOA should not scale to this, their High 8-C tier also have zero explanation and they're need their own, solid feat.

Unfortunately, Sera has left the wiki and has no plans of ever coming back. So I guess that means it is open for others to try to look for feats. But anyway, the Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive profiles are out of date and there's a list of more feats to look into. And one of the main things is that Base Ryu and With Ninpo really should be merged. It would be like separating the various street fighter characters as Base and with Haduken and other Ki attacks. Ninpo and physical attacks are consistently on the same system of universal power sources and what not.

There were also some big upgrade plans for the True Dragon Sword too.

Then base Ryu is At least 7-A, higher with combination attacks. Likely 6-B to 6-A. I think the ninjas I mentioned above can be scaled to him, like Momiji.

Yeah, I think High 7-A makes sense for base Ryu; though I'm unsure where 6-B to 6-A comes from and it appears to be guess work.

I also think that we should remove 6-B and 6-A for now, and wait for calc or decent feats. (If there are any)
Master Collection also announced, there might be more players and members of this site that will interest in this series in the future.

I'm not sure where the Vigoor's eclipse feat or cutting the Earth in half come from, but I have heard plans that Vigoor has 3-A feats.

No need for Planet level Vigoor when the Planet level statement comes from the same description that has universe level feats for Vigoor. I don't understand why Ryu isn't universe level (at least with TDS) already. Also, Nioh feats and stuff can be included in this I believe.

I suggest just getting rid of that feat or make it supporting evidence and put Ryu scaling above the Daidara Bocchi boss from Nioh 2 which has 7-A to 6-B statements in its description. And yea, I'm totally against having Ryu "x tier with TDS". It doesn't make sense at all.

Also, Ryu tanks this at point-blank range.

Last edited:
I know this thread has been silent for a while, but found a scan everyone was looking for.
20211029_011836.jpg

Yo, so if we're still looking for calcs. In Nyotengu's profile it's stated that she caused a week long typhoon, I don't know if that's true, I haven't played DOA in awhile. But if it is, an average typhoon outputs 600 terawatts of energy, to keep this up for a week would require 3.6288e20 joules, which is 86.73 Gigatons of TNT. Not sure if that scales to anyone though.

I found a source for the Nyotengu typhoon feat on her profile.

The feat itself is real but Nyotengu didn't actually perform it so said feat should be removed from her profile: https://www.deviantart.com/kirito352/art/Nyotengu-s-Heian-Typhoon-Dead-or-Alive-899040911 ]
Yeah I saw that calc a couple days ago actually. I think just using the average energy of a typhoon is more reliable since we have a real world value to it, rather than just assuming condensation. As for scaling, I don't know if it scales then, it could, like I said I haven't played the games in a while. Maybe Ryu? Apparently he's fought dieties before.

I will say if you buy Ryu scaling, then characters like Kasumi, Yaiba, and maaaaybe Hayate and Ayane(?) would scale. Still looking into it but more characters than you might think scale/downscale from Ryu.
That's the one thing I remember about DOA, I always found it wierd going on here and seeing Ryu at 7A but only with ninpo, then seeing Kasumi, and the others at High 8-C. I think a lot of people downscale from him.

I'm on the side of universe since it refers to the "space" that came before Gurdu as nothing and states that Gurdu created all the elements and gave them order and function meaning that we are speaking about something already beyond a mere planet. Vigoor being born from a region of Gurdu's space that had elements with no shape and having to travel to Earth, which is what's considered the center of Gurdu's territory, also shows that the feat isn't speaking about just a planet.

I'm on the side of universe since it refers to the "space" that came before Gurdu as nothing and states that Gurdu created all the elements and gave them order and function meaning that we are speaking about something already beyond a mere planet. Vigoor being born from a region of Gurdu's space that had elements with no shape and having to travel to Earth, which is what's considered the center of Gurdu's territory, also shows that the feat isn't speaking about just a planet.
Pretty much this yeah, it would be weird for it to mean just a planet when talking about nothingness and order and function in this context.

I mean creaing a planet isn't any contradiction.
The guys created universe...Earth is part of universe...or he could have just created it at later date.

True Dragon Sword Ryu being Universal is legit by me; unsure about base Ryu via fighting some monsters amped by the eye. But if the latter does happen, I'm against having him scale to a multitude of DoA fighters. We already went over the fighting game scaling rant about scaling entire fighting game verses from a literal god tier.

So would this be 3A or low2C, because i think if universe was created from nothingness and laws of physics etc were also created...than thats low2C, since its a strong implications of time creation

That's great to hear.

Well then, if no one objects to universal Hayabusa, can that be implemented? If everyone still uncomfortable about whether or not the True Dragon Sword amps him, I won't argue against it toooo hard (yet). Maybe another day.

I kinda just wanna go ahead and close this thread, and make another one focusing on who all scales to him. Feel like that'll be easier once we can all agree on Hayabusa stats first.
It seems like pretty much everyone's in agreement with Ryu's scaling. At least with the dragon sword. I don't think the sword amps Ryu himself. But even in the video that was posted it states that the swords true strength is revealed through the jewel. Meaning that the sword itself is extremely powerful. However Ryu defeating monsters empowered by the eye do seem to imply that Ryu is at comparable levels himself so I don't really know for sure.

Also rq what do y'all think of this: I've seen timeframe for universal creation argued against universal
As far as I'm concerned creating a universe is creating a universe. Unless there's a specific timeframe given and it's like, 10,000 years, the outcome should just be universal.

One of the main issues is stuff like this. In the past, there used to be a multitude of fighting games where we either had, or what the community was attempting to make entire power scaling for various fighting games just a giant loophole where basically the entire verse is being scaled from a character who is an absolute god tier. Like I remember when everyone from MK was scaled from Raiden despite being many times stronger than Sindel who solo'd a majority of the cast. Same with scaling base Ryu (No relation to this Ryu) being scaled from Akuma who scales to everyone else.

Anyway, back to the main topic, the True Dragon Sword being Low 2-C via scaling from Vigoor and the Dark Dragon Blade makes sense and I agree with that. But I'm unsure if base Ryu being scaled from a boss empowered by the eye that turns the regular Dragon Sword into a True Dragon Sword is something I'm iffy on. And I definitely do not support making every single Dead or Alive Fighter Low 2-C scaling from base Ryu Hayabusa.

The Dead or Alive series has not been researched well, but I recall Matthew Schroeder had plans a long time ago. And so did Sera, but she's sadly permabanned.

And I wouldn't say stronger than everyone, but it's outlierish to be making a significant portion let alone the entire cast universal. But either way, I'd prefer to research a collection of feats before we attempt any giant scaling chains.

Back