• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive verse deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so honestly this kinda pains me since I very much do like this verse and wish it'd get a revision, but that clearly isn't gonna happen any time. To go over the current issues:

1. Lack of calcs and scans. Just from looking at Ryu Hayabusa's profile, there aren't any scans or calcs for his ratings (which is important since some characters in verse should scale to him despite the profiles not stating this). We have speed calcs fortunately, although those are so old that a recalc wouldn't hurt. But the building, mountain, country - continent, and planet stuff have no calcs or citations.

2. False feats. Nyotengu's profile says she created a typhoon, and not only is this not cited like so many feats, but its also not true. Well, at least Nyotengu didn't cause the feat. It was done by the gods Fujin and Raijin. I'm also unsure about some of Hayabusa's feats since I don't recall the NES storylines, but those not being cited either just further prove my point about a lack of citations.

3. No interest in a revaluation. There were plans to revise the verse awhile ago here, but unfortunately the thread died. There just isn't enough interest in the verse for a proper revision. So imo I think it should just get deleted until it can get properly evaluated with actual calcs and better justification for scaling. I hope this changes someday but as of now, it just isn't happening.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus @Jesterofgames @Hypertornado099 @Random-Helper323 @TurtleGod55 @Grand_Astartes @RedZoneee @Celestial_Pegasus @Tonygameman @Elizhaa

Disagree:

Last edited:
Sad, but makes sense. There are a lot of verses like this that I've noticed. Some are better then others, but still clearly outdated. Wish it didn't happen but it does.

I'm quite familiar with Dead or Alive but not Ninja Gaiden, and I can say these threads are just bad

Unfortunately I agree with the deletion but you may want to ping staff members who are knowledgeable on the verse or are fans

I looked up Ninja Gaiden in the search bar and it seems like the only staff members who care about Ninja Gaiden are DDM who has already commented and Jasonsith

More staff input would be appreciated, and I'd prefer to archive some of Ryu Hayabusa's calculations before the deletion. But given how dated his profile is, I am still not against it in the long run.

As for my knowledge, I am the opposite of Hypertornado099; I have Ninja Gaiden familiarity, but knowledge on DoA is limited.

One thing that could be done is simply using Alexei's storm feat, or the Goddess' nuke absorbing feat. Both are just city level though, and require citations. And the eclipse feats in the past lore at very least require overpowering the moon's existing orbital velocity/kinetic energy. So those can be used for some kind of fall back.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, all the profiles should definitely be archived in a sandbox unless its almost empty
I'm not familiar with how to make sandboxes myself, but feel free to go ahead.

Edit: although eh, idk about ALL. Most are barebones as is already with barely anything on them with no citations or just non existent feats like Nyotengu. I think just archiving Hayabusa's should do for at least a rough draft if someone wants to revise the verse.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with how to make sandboxes myself, but feel free to go ahead.

Edit: although eh, idk about ALL. Most are barebones as is already with barely anything on them with no citations or just non existent feats like Nyotengu. I think just archiving Hayabusa's should do for at least a rough draft if someone wants to revise the verse.

More staff input would be appreciated, and I'd prefer to archive some of Ryu Hayabusa's calculations before the deletion. But given how dated his profile is, I am still not against it in the long run.
I left a message on Ant's wall though it may be a minute before he gets here
Are you able to ping some staff? This shouldn't be controversial methinks

Sad to see it go as DoA and Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite series in media period, but I agree. Everything is either not cited or heavily outdated/not revised. If more people are also interested in going through the games again I'd advocate for a revise and help where I can, but that seems unlikely.

Sad to see it go as DoA and Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite series in media period, but I agree. Everything is either not cited or heavily outdated/not revised. If more people are also interested in going through the games again I'd advocate for a revise and help where I can, but that seems unlikely.
I'm ordering the Guide Books when I get paid so I'm interested

Currently at 6 agrees. Would prefer either one more staff agreement or a few more from "normal users" before I think this is good to pass

As said in the OP message, there's no actual AP calcs, all the profiles are bare, no interest in revising the verse, and the majority of feats aren't cited.

And lot of stats would rely on scaling to Hayabusa anyways, whos profile isn't remotely good at all.

The verse definitely needs a revision from the ground up. Starting with hopefully getting actual calcs done, finding these feats, and proper scaling

I left a message on Ant's wall though it may be a minute before he gets here
Are you able to ping some staff? This shouldn't be controversial methinks
I don't recommend messaging Ant given he has been really stressed as of late plus he openly admits he doesn't debate many verses. Though @Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus and @Firestorm808 are those who have been consistently helpful at helping out with verses that they know little about.

I started on some dead or alive revisions and just went through the first NG game on the NES but I can't promise a revision soon

Also, I told Jasonsith to look at this thread

I started on some dead or alive revisions and just went through the first NG game on the NES but I can't promise a revision soon

Also, I told Jasonsith to look at this thread
Good luck. Citations aside, would wanna make sure some feats get calcs as well since the verse lacks some important ones. And take your time too. No rush.

As unfortunately as this is, I have to agree for the sake of a verse's future here (there are many feats that aren't calculated yet, though older methods were used in DeviantArt as examples to compare).

Well that's definitely enough in agreement for the to go through now. Guess we just wait on Jason to comment

Of course, for when the Ryu profile gets remade. I do have this scan worth mentioning. It's a shame hands were too full to apply.
20211029_011836.jpg

That's 2 staff members
3 actually. Eli, DarkDragon, and Celestial.

Anyways doesn't seem like Jason wants to comment here.
Of course, for when the Ryu profile gets remade. I do have this scan worth mentioning. It's a shame hands were too full to apply.
20211029_011836.jpg
Wanna do the honors and delete the verse?

10 people in agreement btw.

If you are planning to recreate the verse in question, wouldn't it be better to keep the verse page but delete the character pages for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back