• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Supes' Weaknesses

Weaknesses: If exposed to an atmosphere like Krypton or a red star, Superman will have his solar enhancements negated. Superman's enhanced hearing leaves him vulnerable to certain frequencies, causing an annoying pain. Kryptonite is capable of cutting him, reducing his abilities, and causing cellular damage. Prolonged exposure could possibly kill him. Vulnerability to Divine/Magic weapons such as Wonder Woman's Amazon Sword, or Aquaman's Quindent, which can kill him. Incapable of seeing through lead. Easily goaded or driven to anger when innocent lives or loved ones are threatened.

He already powered through being in Krypton's atmosphere against the World Engine so it doesn't make sense for this to be a weakness and where was the red star exposure mentioned because I don't recall this at all.

He trained to block those out years before the present day of MoS so this isn't actually a thing. Even in BvS, the sonic cannons stalled him for all of 2 seconds before he ignored it.

None of the weapons mentioned ever harmed him and the only one to interact with a Kryptonian only did relevant damage once when taking off DD's arm while it would only clash against his skin every other time. If divine weapons actually did what his weakness states, DD would have been losing limbs in every clash with her.

Anyone have the reasoning for why these got added?

Nani? Shall we bump him to 4-B as well? I was hoping it was at least WoG statements but this is just ...... damn.

It seems like this should be removed then.

Schnee One said:
Her sword is magic? Since when?

That's completely AP related no less.
The sword is called the sword of Athena l.

Not only that it is magically enchanted to cut through anything (as shown with the glowing cutting marks) and even after several years of usage and up to justice league the sword is still in good condition.

Is somebody willing to edit the page?

The sword bit should stay on there, especially since it damaged a Kryptonian Deformity that was stronger than what Kal was.

I think the Kryptonian envionment was from the 1st movie, when he was in a completely simulated environment similar to Krypton's actual surface. He couldn't do anything until it was shut off, which is when he got his powers back.

During his fight with the World Engine, its possible he only succeeded because the World Engine was in the process of terraforming Earth. It wasn't entirely similar to Krypton's atmosphere at all.

The sword bit doesn't matter when there is nothing to say it is magical in the first place as that would require an explanation for where Diana recieved another what with the lack of gods around, Amazonians using normal gear and it being rather difficult for her to reach Atlantis who are xenophobes to the surface.

Krypton's atmosphere gets retconned later in the movie against the World Engine as simply flying closer causes him to weaken but he can still make full use of his powers at the very end despite being in the center of the beam which is creating Krypton's atmosphere.

I believe it showed something along those lines but exposure to such radiation is never said to weaken or remove his powers like in the comics. If it gets brought up in a later movie, slap it back on but as it stands, there is nothing that would make that a weakness.

AnonymousBlank said:
The sword bit doesn't matter when there is nothing to say it is magical in the first place as that would require an explanation for where Diana recieved another what with the lack of gods around, Amazonians using normal gear and it being rather difficult for her to reach Atlantis who are xenophobes to the surface.
Krypton's atmosphere gets retconned later in the movie against the World Engine as simply flying closer causes him to weaken but he can still make full use of his powers at the very end despite being in the center of the beam which is creating Krypton's atmosphere.

I believe it showed something along those lines but exposure to such radiation is never said to weaken or remove his powers like in the comics. If it gets brought up in a later movie, slap it back on but as it stands, there is nothing that would make that a weakness.
1. The secondary canon, such as the artbooks, literally state her weaponry has a divine origin. I can check them again when i get back home.

2. I feel you aren't taking into consideration that the World Engine example has a) exposure to a yellow sun and b) active terraforming. The only times he got weak was from him coughing at the smog the machine was producing. All the other times were just him getting smacked around, manhandled, and thrown under the gravity beams produced by the World Engine. I believe that if he were on the main ship he was taken to by Faora, he would still suffer the same effects he did the 1st time around. Maybe it'd be best to say that weakness isn't necessarily combat applicable?

3. That is a very fair point.

1. Thats fine, send scans if you can.

2. The yellow sun exposure doesn't really mean much though considering he had none while on the Black Zero yet immediately regained his strength once the atmosphere was set to Earth's.

So what is left to do here? I thought that we were done.

AnonymousBlank said:
2. The yellow sun exposure doesn't really mean much though considering he had none while on the Black Zero yet immediately regained his strength once the atmosphere was set to Earth's.
1. So the only 2 artbooks that I do own, BvS' Tech manual and actual artbook, don't describe it as such. Since I don't have the Wonder Woman one, I do admit I stand corrected.

I propose that we possibly leave it out until WW84 is released, considering that film should explain where she gets her newer weaponry that is seen in BvS. However, what other explanation is there for a weapon that easily lops through mutated Kryptonian limbs?

2. Even with that being said, the Black Zero's atmosphere was still set to be Krypton's then snapped back to being Earth's. The World Engine example still has the context of the atmosphere there being in a transitionary period from Earth to Krypton's. He was able to power through it with sheer will alone, true, but he still did have some exposure to Earth's atmosphere (gravity included) while fighting it. Am I making sense?

Didn't Snyder mention Aquaman's Trident could hurt Supes because it's magic?

I can tell you the Yellow Sun thing is valid somewhat (Jor El mentions it helps empower Clark)

I did ask for the scans to any of this stuff but didn't get anything.

As for the star thing, a yellow sun does empower him but there is nothing that says exposure to a red star nulls or weakens his powers at all. He will lose his power overtime due to using up the yellow star energy but that is just getting tired and not exactly a weakness.

Theblack6host96 said:
AnonymousBlank said:
1. So the only 2 artbooks that I do own, BvS' Tech manual and actual artbook, don't describe it as such. Since I don't have the Wonder Woman one, I do admit I stand corrected.
I propose that we possibly leave it out until WW84 is released, considering that film should explain where she gets her newer weaponry that is seen in BvS. However, what other explanation is there for a weapon that easily lops through mutated Kryptonian limbs?

2. Even with that being said, the Black Zero's atmosphere was still set to be Krypton's then snapped back to being Earth's. The World Engine example still has the context of the atmosphere there being in a transitionary period from Earth to Krypton's. He was able to power through it with sheer will alone, true, but he still did have some exposure to Earth's atmosphere (gravity included) while fighting it. Am I making sense?
One point I did forget to add for my atmlspheric argument: Krypton was shown to orbit a red sun in Man of Steel. That may be where the red sun weakness came from.

Back