• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU light speed justification (again)

But the source still comes from a material that's not canon to other properties. You can use it as secondary evidence for artistic flair, but its not a major point of evidence for anything outside of the SnyderCut universe.
Sure, whatever. That still means we have reflection in a primary source, a statement it is made of light in a secondary source and a direct visual comparison to concentrated natural light (which is what a secondary source heavily implies HV is) that looks identical.

And against it we have what? Things it hits the explode, it gets called energy and a single light speed statement? Extreme heat causes rapid expansion which explains things exploding, light has energy in the first place so the statements aren’t mutually exclusive, and one statement vs three different pieces of evidence that all point to or straight up say HV is light. Evidence that isn’t coming from characters but narrator, WoG and a shown property.

You can’t even argue the other speed feats limit the characters either as the lighting feats are casual, and the flight feats all come from vastly weaker versions of Supes who is either flying for the first time or both poisoned and exhausted from hours of exertion.
It would be ignoring a statement about their run when the company hired another writer to go back and rewrite their run and change a vast swath of elements to something else. In that case you wouldn't take the WoG quote as being indicative for the retconned verse.
First of all, it doesn’t matter what else was changed from Zack’s plan as MoS and BvS were completely untouched which is where the HV calcs come from, ergo sage’s point stands. This is about visuals, not the story or characters.

Secondly, HV isn’t visually different in JL 2017? We literally see the flare and bloom shit in Supes vs the League.

Even other visuals such as Superman’s punches causing flares of light and Diana’s gauntlet shockwaves are the same in JL 2017 as they are in Zack’s movies. Aside from lower quality SFX, everything in JL is the same.

You can’t even argue the other speed feats limit the characters either as the lighting feats are casual, and the flight feats all come from vastly weaker versions of Supes who is either flying for the first time or both poisoned and exhausted from hours of exertion.
I'm not arguing against the calcs being reaccepted. I just took issue with some of your points. My biggest issue was speed consistency and that was rendered as a non-issue as soon as someone pointed out that was mistaken.

I mean, the vast bulk of the pro-SoL evidence come from sources I provided or assisted in providing. It would be weird if I was against my own evidence.
ergo sage’s point stands. This is about visuals
Visuals that were removed in the mainstream cut of the movie. Focused sunlight having a flair is only from the SnyderCut.

While I get what you are trying to say about the “flower and bloom” point being in the SnyderCut, it doesn’t actually change anything here as it is still how Snyder portrays a concentrated beam of natural light, canon or not.

It would be the equivalent of dismissing an author statement about their run just because they are answering a question after their run. By all means, argue that LS HV is inconsistent and doesn’t fit with the other speed feats in the verse but dismissing the magnified sunlight scene is a no go in regards to sage’s point.
Even if the snyderverse wasn’t canon, I have absolutely no issue with the changes only being applied to the snyderverse profiles.

I'm not arguing against the calcs being reaccepted. I just took issue with some of your points. My biggest issue was speed consistency and that was rendered as a non-issue as soon as someone pointed out that was mistaken.

I mean, the vast bulk of the pro-SoL evidence come from sources I provided or assisted in providing. It would be weird if I was against my own evidence.

Visuals that were removed in the mainstream cut of the movie. Focused sunlight having a flair is only from the SnyderCut.
Although there are no official statements u could argue the snydercut has been retconned into the timeline based on Shazam 2 trailer and some director statements.

but again, if it’s such a big problem then the speed calcs should just be applied to the snyderverse profiles or keys

Honestly I also think the "against" points are flawed to try and debunk light speed Heat Vision, especially with regards to causing physical destruction, we have plenty of weapons and moves with blatant light speed statements and speed values outright mentioned that also cause physical damage. So this should be no different.

In any case, put me up for "agree".

Last edited:
Overall I guess I'm fine with it, I've got a few issues with some stuff but that's not directly tied to the heat vision itself.

No, in the one I'm referring to, Wonder Woman's arms were already moving and in the block position before Doomsday’s heat vision was fired. There wasn’t any relative movement to the beams
I know what you’re referring to and you’re still wrong. Although her hands where moving before the beam was shot, it was still relative to the beam. Take your own advice and watch it in slow motion.

I did. Numerous times. I don't see that anywhere
Ok lemme just prove u wrong with these screen shots.

The beam has been shot but as u can clearly see she has not achieved her blocking position yet

She has achieved blocking position, the beam still hasn’t even reached half way yet proving she moves relative to the speed of the beams.

The beam finally hits her. We know this because of the firey bloom that these beams have.

I hope you’re not trying to downgrade dc for marvels sake.

but with that being said, can the changes be re-applied?

Last edited:
Ok lemme just prove u wrong with these screen shots.

The beam has been shot but as u can clearly see she has not achieved her blocking position yet

She has achieved blocking position, the beam still hasn’t even reached half way yet proving she moves relative to the speed of the beams.

The beam finally hits her. We know this because of the firey bloom that these beams have.
Cool
I hope you’re not trying to downgrade dc for marvels sake.
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Last edited:
Also isn’t it possible for light to carry force; the issue iirc is it can’t be proven to build kinetic energy as it passes

Anyways what profiles need to be unlocked for this thread to get finished.

Aim Dodging wasn't debunked since Wonder Woman starts moving before the HV was fired, Sage's argument is that even though it was Aim Dodging WW's moves are relative to the speed of the HV

But the thing is, where does the Rel with the plus sign come from? Which is what I've wondered from that calc

Back