• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU light speed justification (again)

So like this?

Given that the average human speed is 5 and the running speed is 6.35

So going with the lower one:

(2298709.65/ 0.013) * 5 = 884119096.154 m/s (FTL)

Higher end:

2298709.65/ 0.013) *6.35 = 1122831252.12 m/s (Massively FTL)
I’d suggest using this specific part of the fight to try and quantify how much slower aquaman’s speed is to the Flash’s

there was an uhhh
thingy
right below the whole "too fiery" part

VL48scb.png

Not sure if this was discussed, but MoS made it quite clear that it's heat manip - the scene where he cauterises Lois' wound on the Kryptonian scout ship.

Not sure if this was discussed, but MoS made it quite clear that it's heat manip - the scene where he cauterises Lois' wound on the Kryptonian scout ship.
The guide books say that he can control the intensity of the beams, it just means he lowered them down for him to be able to cauterize the wounds. Yes it’s heat manipulation but that doesn’t mean it’s not light as well.

And I already addressed the the fire allegations. That was literally the main focus of my thread. Real light from the sun in the snyderverse also has firey qualities when a magnifying glass is used. It’s just the way intense sunlight is represented in the dceu.
there was an uhhh
thingy
right below the whole "too fiery" part

VL48scb.png

Lasers "[diffusing] in a reasonably realistic way" is one of the few criteria for lightspeed.
it only says It has to follow a few of these and not all. Also, as I proved in the thread, real sunlight in the snyderverse does not diffuse in a realistic way. Does that mean it’s not light then?

Also if that was the case, sunlight does shine on the human skin and we ain’t completely burn by it as the effect of us getting burned in sunlight take over time as the sun light irl is technically focused on the Earth’s surface IIRC.

Neutral, leaning towards disagreeing

Actually that is a laser. Why would you use a laser as a example of this?

Also laser being a beam of light may not necessary mean it is light speed by default unless it is explicitly stated, showed, and I think calced.
Because most lasers in real life are literally at the speed of light, most sources I've searched up gave me the same answer, and it's even at that speed when you look at this page.

Also if that was the case, sunlight does shine on the human skin and we ain’t completely burn by it as the effect of us getting burned in sunlight take over time as the sun light irl is technically focused on the Earth’s surface IIRC.
And sunglasses are designed to reflect light, your point?

Because most lasers in real life are literally at the speed of light, most sources I've searched up gave me the same answer, and it's even at that speed when you look at this page.

And sunglasses are designed to reflect light, your point?
While this is fair enough on the laser part, I don’t think the burning part is necessarily the case of it being strictly a light thing as any heat based attacks technically will have extreme heat to begin with so this isn’t a good counterpoint per se too.

While this is fair enough on the laser part, I don’t think the burning part is necessarily the case of it being strictly a light thing as any heat based attacks technically will have extreme heat to begin with so this isn’t a good counterpoint per se too.
Then what were you expecting the beam to do other than burn?

Then what were you expecting the beam to do other than burn?
Literally melting anything that isn’t durable and/or resistant to the heat based and energy based attack as well IIRC.
Heck, you can technically argue it is energy based and heat based to begin with .

Last edited:
Probably not going to get accepted because of the wikis insanely strict rules for SOL in fiction but i agree
Then again, Relativistic/SoL would work better as possibly imo

I mean, don't sun beams also project extreme heat when focused?
Something being hot isn't a justification to discount a laser as being real. a Gamma Ray Burst moves at lightspeed but has temperatures ranging in the billions or trillions of degrees as a prime example.

The fire focused sunlight is just something the OP brought up as an style example. Meaning that Snyder likes to give flare to energy attacks, meaning the way Superman's heat vision blooms doesn't negate that it can be lightspeed.

Now there's other issues besides that and we have other sources that features heat vision looking weird besides just the movies, but that's the core new argument.

So it only meats two requirements for being lightspeed?

1. It's stated to be (red) light/like a laser.

2. It reflected off Cyborg's shield.

Is there anything else?

No. Just those points.

Though something can be considered SoL by Justin meeting a few requirements.
We usually go by 3, unless it's stated to be lightspeed which is considered the strongest point in my opinion.

Though unless it has solid contradiction, I'm neutral.
It did refract on Zod's steel frame burning it, it also cut a Kryptonian ship in half
You got the scan for the refraction? It cutting something isn't justification for it being lightspeed. Any thin beams of energy can do that.

it is explicitly stated to be energy-based
It’s stated never stated to be energy based. It’s stated he channels the energy in his body to produce a beam of red light. It’s explicitly described as a beam multiple times through out the guidebooks. An when he’s going all out it says he makes a “super strong beam” that (key word) ACTS like a blast of energy. In any dictionary you go to beams literal definition is “ray of light” or “plank of wood”. Unless u think superman is shooting wood out of his eyes it’s the first. The only contention with it being light is it’s appearance not it’s description.
guide book scan: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...eu-supermans-heat-vision-light-speed-1922139/

So it only meats two requirements for being lightspeed?

1. It's stated to be (red) light/like a laser.

2. It reflected off Cyborg's shield.

Is there anything else?
It moves and reflects in a straight line,
It burns and doesn’t explode.
it acts IDENTICALLY to magnified sunlight in the snyderverse (context in the article above)

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

Overall, I am neutral here since burning and not exploding isn’t a qualifier for lightspeed necessarily.

Back