• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Speed

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I briefly mentioned this here

Currently, the speed of top tier DCEU characters scale to Wonder Woman reacting to heat vision at point blank range. However, when the scene is slowed down, the feat seems to be more of Aim Dodging, since she was already moving her sword before Doomsday fired his heat vision.

This should downgrade the top tiers' speed from Relativistic with Relativistic+ reaction speed to Sub-Relativistic+ via other heat vision feats

Agree: 1
Neutral: 3
Disagree:

Last edited:
It's literally been shown to be a beam of light a bunch of times, they've moved around in straight lines and they were reflecting off from occasional segments, and it has also been shown to reach space in a matter of seconds

Not to mention the heat vision literally also scales to 3.5 million kelvin

they've moved around in straight lines
Yeah, so?

Most energy beams in fiction travel in straight lines. Moving in a straight line is not a trait that proves an attack is lightspeed; on the contrary, the criteria only exists to point out that an attack not moving in a straight line is unquantifiable.
and they were reflecting off from occasional segments
Could you provide evidence?
and it has also been shown to reach space in a matter of seconds
No calcs?

His Heat Vision is just blasts of solar energy. Being described as a "beam of light" is a moot point, especially when it is not portrayed even remotely similar to real, non-supernatural light.

Hell, his Heat Vision does not even look like a laser beam of light, nor does it function similarly. It consistently looks and function more like rays of fire than beams of light.

For Pete's sake, when he meets Lois in that cave, he literally radiates heat from his eyes to cauterize her wound.

A "laser beam" burning something is also not a criteria for lightspeed, especially considering real life laser beams are not 3,500,000°K.

Also, the Lois Lane point was not my main point. Please read the sentence before that one accompanied by the YouTube link.

Also, also, solar energy and solar radiation are not the same thing. Solar radiation (i.e., the light and heat) is converted into energy. I'm not really sure how to explain energy, but you get the point.

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way
Real, genuine light does not diffuse in a similar way to fire. When real, genuine light makes contact with a non-reflective surface, the beam scatters. When his Heat Vision makes contact with really any surface, though, it continues to simmer and explode upon the surface like fire does.
It has its origin at a realistic source of light
Definitely not the case.
It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
Bruce Wayne, the infamous superhero without superpowers, blocked his Heat Vision.

Being Tier 9 does not suddenly mean you are a supernatural entity beyond comprehension. Superhuman or human, he is still a human — born to two humans and trained as a human. In the context of DC, Bruce Wayne is just in his peak physical condition.

A "laser beam" burning something is also not a criteria for lightspeed, especially considering real life laser beams are not 3,500,000°K.

Also, the Lois Lane point was not my main point. Please read the sentence before that one accompanied by the YouTube link.

Also, also, solar energy and solar radiation are not the same thing. Solar radiation (i.e., the light and heat) is converted into energy. I'm not really sure how to explain energy, but you get the point.
And also, dude, that still counts as light as it was literally stated in the guide that it was described as a beam of light, and if you're not sure how energy actually works, then it makes no sense on why you're attempting to downgrade the speed of his Heat Vision, it just contradicts most of your statements.
Yeah, so?

Most energy beams in fiction travel in straight lines. Moving in a straight line is not a trait that proves an attack is lightspeed; on the contrary, the criteria only exists to point out that an attack not moving in a straight line is unquantifiable.
Beams that are moving in a straight line are literally one of the requirements for it to be confirmed as a beam of light.

Could you provide evidence?
And it was reflected off Cyborg's retractable shield.

Last edited:
Real, genuine light does not diffuse in a similar way to fire. When real, genuine light makes contact with a non-reflective surface, the beam scatters. When his Heat Vision makes contact with really any surface, though, it continues to simmer and explode upon the surface like fire does.

Definitely not the case.

Bruce Wayne, the infamous superhero without superpowers, blocked his Heat Vision.
Considering Bruce got hit in the face with Clark’s hv, it can be argued that he was still pulling his punches

it was literally stated in the guide that it was described as a beam of light
Not only is that only one of the criteria required to be met to be considered lightspeed, but it is also lItErAlLy describes as blasts of energy.
Beams that are moving in a straight line are literally one of the requirements for it to be confirmed as a beam of light.
No.
Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)
And it was reflected off Cyborg's retractable shield.
Good point.
Only happened once, though?
Considering Bruce got hit in the face with Clark’s hv, it can be argued that he was still pulling his punches
That changes nothing.

Yeah, so?

It wasn't used to prove lightspeed, it moving in a straight line is one piece of supporting evidence for it not being contradicted as being light

Hell, his Heat Vision does not even look like a laser beam of light, nor does it function similarly. It consistently looks and function more like rays of fire than beams of light.

For Pete's sake, when he meets Lois in that cave, he literally radiates heat from his eyes to cauterize her wound.
How can you tell it doesn't look like a laser beam?

This doesn't contradict it being light, its possible for light to act like this

It can be light and solar energy since solar energy is light and heat, and a beam of light being intensified to 3.5 million kelvin doesn't make it slower or contradict it being light

Definitely not the case.

lasers can cause explosions

Where did Batman do that? Batman dodged Doomsday's attack anyways

Not only is that only one of the criteria required to be met to be considered lightspeed, but it is also lItErAlLy describes as blasts of energy.

No.

Good point.
Only happened once, though?

That changes nothing.
A blast of light is also a blast of energy

Why is Bats blocking HV being brought up exactly? It only happens in SnyderCut with a gauntlet that specifically absorbs energy based attacks.

Why is Bats blocking HV being brought up exactly? It only happens in SnyderCut with a gauntlet that specifically absorbs energy based attacks.
That would prove why Batman is Rel since the gauntlets absorbed Clark's HV and there was no other proof that the gauntlets were heat based and the fact that he reacted to them point blank.

That would prove why Batman is Rel since the gauntlets absorbed Clark's HV and there was no other proof that the gauntlets were heat based and the fact that he reacted to them point blank.
Based off this accepted calc anyway

Does Batman even have anti feats?
Not really, he dodges Heat Vision from Doomsday in BvS and blocks Heat Vision from Superman Justice League so I doubt its plot induced stupidity like it's written off to be on his page. Batman also doesn't really seem to get blitzed by anything that would be on "his level" (Batman is an absolute beast in the DCEU Street Tiers)

Also, didn't he react to Superman bullrushing him?

I'm neutral but some of the arguments given against light-speed are really bad.

Even if Bruce Wayne deflects them and isn't actually Relativistic in combat reactions (because that's honestly really dubious), that's just an outlier for him anyway. Like, the beams are still faster than Superman himself, who has Massively Hypersonic+ feats outside of this so Batman shouldn't be able to react to them regardless.

Using "solar energy" not "solar radiation" as an argument when radiation... is also energy.

The temperature argument is also really flimsy since radiation doesn't have a limit to its thermal radiation so long as it has enough energy as far as I'm aware. Someone can correct me here though.

I'm neutral but some of the arguments given against light-speed are really bad.

Even if Bruce Wayne deflects them and isn't actually Relativistic in combat reactions (because that's honestly really dubious), that's just an outlier for him anyway. Like, the beams are still faster than Superman himself, who has Massively Hypersonic+ feats outside of this so Batman shouldn't be able to react to them regardless.

Using "solar energy" not "solar radiation" as an argument when radiation... is also energy.

The temperature argument is also really flimsy since radiation doesn't have a limit to its thermal radiation so long as it has enough energy as far as I'm aware. Someone can correct me here though.
But it's hardly even an outlier if there's literally so much proof that he does scale to Relativistic speeds, either way, possibly would work out best for him.

I mean, he literally reacted to superman almost bullrushing him

Dodged Doomsday's HV and his physical attacks alone

Perceived Superman and Zod fighting each other

Blitzed parademons who has kept up with aquaman

Blocked Superman's heat vision which warranted that his gauntlets are heat resistant

Neutral on Batman scaling but apparently it’s not out of the ordinary for alternate canon media to break the scaling conventions of the main canon. Teen Titans Robin scales to both Cyborg and Starfire and we literally have Mountain and Country level Captain Americas that scale to the Hulks of their universes.

I'm extremely iffy on Batman somehow scaling to the likes of Superman and the Flash in reactions, if for no other reason than it being asinine narratively but I'll wait and see on that.

Back