• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Heralds rescaling thread

If the 52 universes scaling is because of Barbatos, why is Rebirth Superman the only one here that even mentions it? The scaling chain should be explained further for other characters as well, so that people won't have to click 7 different profiles to find out they scale to 52

defeated Mongul,[9] someone on par with Darkseid,[10]
  • Superman Vol. 2 #32, June 1989
    • Mongul and Superman fight twice.
    • In round 1, Superman says that even at peak power, he's not sure he could defeat Mongul.
    • Superman wins round 2.
  • Hardcore Station Vol. 1 #5, November 1998
    • A recording of Hardcore's police band officer Dolly, says that Mongul and Darkseid are in the same League.
We're using a space cop statement to scale how strong Mongul was about 10 years prior?

See: https://vsbattles.com/threads/dc-heralds-rescaling-thread.161156/post-6196767

Last edited:
Firestorm, for convenience's sake, I'd prefer if you summarize all of your thoughts into one big post rather than doing these bit by bit. I think it'd be easier for us to read through your replies.

If the 52 universes scaling is because of Barbatos, why is Rebirth Superman the only one here that even mentions it? The scaling chain should be explained further for other characters as well, so that people won't have to click 7 different profiles to find out they scale to 52
Because the feat comes from him? What you're saying isn't a new thing, and a easy solution is just link the blog with all of the eats on the verse page, as well as just state how many universes these characters scale to, similar to what Dragonball Super does with its pages and what Qawsedf suggested, instead of making a giant scaling chain on each page, which could convolute things.

Because the feat comes from him? What you're saying isn't a new thing, and a easy solution is just link the blog with all of the eats on the verse page, as well as just state how many universes these characters scale to, similar to what Dragonball Super does with its pages and what Qawsedf suggested, instead of making a giant scaling chain on each page, which could convolute things.
Why would simplifying the scaling and making it easier to understand make it more convoluted? I can assure you no one would read the profiles and figure out why post crisis Superman, Larfleeze, Post Crisis Doomsday and the New Gods scale to Barbatos, nor would they know they would scale to 52 rather than 2 universes

• New Gods Vol 3 #15 | April 1990
    • It's retconned that Superman fought Desaad disguised as Darkseid back in Action Comics Vol 1 #586
I kinda doubt this for 2 reasons.

1. Prior to Darkseid sending Superman to Apokolips via Omega Beams in Superman Vol 2 #3, we see in Legends #4, Darkseid sent DeSaad on a mission to Skartaris.
2. DeSaad doesn’t possess Omega Beams or at least he doesn’t possess any energy projection powers that resemble the Omega Beams.

Firestorm, for convenience's sake, I'd prefer if you summarize all of your thoughts into one big post rather than doing these bit by bit. I think it'd be easier for us to read through your replies.
Apologies. I don't have much time to do a proper deep dive all at once. If anything, I'll combine everything to my initial post.

Why do da Post Crisis lads scale to Rebirth btw, isn't lad stronger than ever?
Kinda. They're stronger, but the gap isn't that massive tbh. It kinda goes like:
Supes scales to Barbatos, characters like the Flashes are comparable to characters around Superman's level, Anti-Monitor is established as somewhat superior to Barry. Plenty of PC guys scale to or downscale from the Anti-Monitor

Wait a minute. I do not think that we should scale Superman from Barbatos. Barbatos was extremely weakened by chains of Nth metal (which is like Kryptonite for him) when Superman hurt him, if I remember correctly.

Wait a minute. I do not think that we should scale Superman from Barbatos. Barbatos was extremely weakened by chains of Nth metal (which is like Kryptonite for him) when Superman hurt him, if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty sure it was bought in the feats discussion thread?
Explicitly as one of the justifications

I think that I and others stated that other scaling should be used previously as well, as that particular feat doesn't make any sense to use. I think that we will end up with the same statistics from using the many much more reliable feats anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

They're strong enough to hold him, for sure, but I never saw anything about the metal actively weakening him.
Do we have any sort of proof this is how they interact with Barbatos?

They're strong enough to hold him, for sure, but I never saw anything about the metal actively weakening him.
Do we have any sort of proof this is how they interact with Barbatos?
bg9jeyb.png

Apologies. I don't have much time to do a proper deep dive all at once. If anything, I'll combine everything to my initial post.
I'm like, 90% sure that you or someone else actually collected all the Mod views on what is and isn't useable. All we would need to do is filter out the ones that don't have majority agreement.

What the others said. nth metal isn't like kryptonite, and even if it did sap his strength, I don't see how it would vastly lower his durability.

But the entire point of Nth metal was that Superman and the others couldn't harm Barbatos without it, so it doesn't make any sense for Superman to suddenly be able to do so unless the Nth metal chains were greatly weakening Barbatos.

But the entire point of Nth metal was that Superman and the others couldn't harm Barbatos without it, so it doesn't make any sense for Superman to suddenly be able to do so unless the Nth metal chains were greatly weakening Barbatos.
This isn't because of Barbatos' sheer power, he-and everyone else from the dark multiverse- are just inherently invulnerable to harm that doesn't come from that kind of metals. Something about vibrations. Superman wouldn't be able to harm even TBWL without it.

Last edited:
basically Barbatos is normally invulnerable to mainline universe's attacks due to non-stat reasons.
Nth metal just levels the playing field

So, the Nth metal doesn't actually weaken Barbatos, it just allows similarly powerful characters to harm him? I suppose that seems reasonable in that case, but I still find it more reliable if we scale from other feats instead.

So, the Nth metal doesn't actually weaken Barbatos, it just allows similarly powerful characters to harm him? I suppose that seems reasonable in that case, but I still find it more reliable if we scale from other feats instead.
Basically, yeah.
Think of it like this; the differing vibrations between the two Universes prevents a character like Superman from damaging the Batman Who Laughs through sure power, despite the massive AP difference.
However, give Superman a nth metal glove, and one punch sends BWL into next week.
Nth metal levels the playing field; it doesn't strengthen or weaken one side or the other. It just allows the main universe to harm the negative universe.

Okay then, but I doubt that this will be self-evident to our visitors, so it still seems better to focus mostly on scaling from other feats.

We could care less about what the visitors think, as long as we have the proper reasonings laid out in notes or whatever. Accuracy before anything else.

Yes. I just meant that it is preferable if we can justify the 2-C statistic via other feats.

Back