• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Links to the relevant calculation blogs obviously have to be embedded in appropriate places for the characters that performed them, and likely others as well.

Yes. Links to the relevant calculation blogs obviously have to be embedded in appropriate places for the characters that performed them, and likely others as well.
Personally, I think it would be better to downscale Punchline and maybe Joker instead of directly scaling them to 8-C, but regardless, let's start with Batman himself.

Durability: Survived the explosion of a submarine while weakened. Tanked an explosion that took out the top of a skyscraper

Lifting Strength: Ripped apart the door of an airplane mid-flight which requires more than 10.7 tons of force

AP: We have a few options here. Either we can use the same reasoning as PC Batman that "Can trade blows with those capable of harming him and his suit" or we can scale him to Reverse Flash, scale Reverse Flash to Wally, and scale Wally to Weather Wizard. We could also try scaling him to DCYOU Deathstroke.

Personally, I think it would be better to downscale Punchline and maybe Joker instead of directly scaling them to 8-C, but regardless, let's start with Batman himself.

Durability: Survived the explosion of a submarine while weakened. Tanked an explosion that took out the top of a skyscraper

Lifting Strength: Ripped apart the door of an airplane mid-flight which requires more than 10.7 tons of force
Those seem like good suggestions to me.
AP: We have a few options here. Either we can use the same reasoning as PC Batman that "Can trade blows with those capable of harming him and his suit" or we can scale him to Reverse Flash, scale Reverse Flash to Wally, and scale Wally to Weather Wizard. We could also try scaling him to DCYOU Deathstroke.
I think that it seems unsafe to scale Batman characters to the Reverse-Flash or Wally West. They do not interact in a manner when the latter two do not use their speed-enhanced physical powers as far as I am aware.

The latter is most probably a much safer option. Withstanding blows from Zoom seems like an extreme outlier.
Ok that's fine then. So for durability we can use his PC's reasoning and scale him to Deathstroke, maybe mention a couple other feats of his too.

As for Deathstroke:

Durability: Survived a submarine getting thrown at him. Tanked this explosion.

Attack Potency: Is stronger than Batman and defeated him

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some sentence structure improvements, but it should probably be fine now.

For KGBeast, I think his current reasonings are mostly fine, but a few minor changes can be applied. This is how I would write them:

Durability: Can take blows from Nightwing, Bane, Harley Quinn, Wally West, Batwoman and Batgirl

Lifting Strength: Comparable to Batman, easily tossed around Batgirl

Attack Potency: Was able to beat Peacemaker, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro in hand to hand combat. Could contend with both Batwoman and Batgirl as well as Damian Wayne, Kicked a wooden door off it's hinges with ease

I think I got every potential end.
But at this point it probably doesn't matter given we already going along with writing up justifications.

For justifications, do we just wanna list a specific feat? Or all the feats that grant them the tier? Such as mentioning how Batman is comparable to Jason and comparable to, albeit weaker than, Slade? As such, who wants to actually write up the draft changes in a sandbox?

Honestly I’m fine with Joker scaling to Bruce, he’s able to trade blows pretty well with him during Endgame and iirc he does it again

I think I got every potential end.
But at this point it probably doesn't matter given we already going along with writing up justifications.
Adding consistency to 8-C is still good, I say it's worth it. If a CGM can evaluate it, that would be great.

For justifications, do we just wanna list a specific feat? Or all the feats that grant them the tier? Such as mentioning how Batman is comparable to Jason and comparable to, albeit weaker than, Slade? As such, who wants to actually write up the draft changes in a sandbox?
For Batman, I think it would be best to first scale him to the Submarine and Tripwire explosions in durability and in AP say he can fight those who can harm him. After that, we can say he defeated Deathstroke, KGBeast, Bane, Red Hood, etc.

I dunno about 9-A+, Batman’s calc is fairly above baseline (about 1.4x above). Maybe At most 8-C would be better?

For Joker I think his current reasonings are fine, we just need to update his AP and Durability to At most 8-C. Same with BWL, though we need to do something about his LS? Silencer can also use his current justifications, just needs new tiers.

Next is Wally. For him we can just scale him to his PC version, though he can keep the same LS.

Does Weather Wizard's 8-C even scale to his physicals?
Well it scales to his durability if my understanding is correct, but I've been skimming Flash comics and this dude like, almost never shows up 🤷‍♂️

Well it scales to his durability if my understanding is correct, but I've been skimming Flash comics and this dude like, almost never shows up 🤷‍♂️
Oof. I don't recall if Flash ever fought him without powers. Though I do know the rogues are somewhat comparable to each other.

I also think Wally has an 8-A Dura calc and Thawne has an 8-B Dura calc somewhere. Both are them without using speed.

However the former probably scales to only durability, while the latter is from an AU of sorts (It's in Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint)

Last edited:
Pretty much perfect except:

1: We should try adding the Weather Wizard calc

2: Probably remove KGBeast beating Batman and in durability add Nightwing(no scans are given for him beating Batman)

3: Update Grifter, he stalemated Batman in Batman #101.
Updated Grifter and KGBeast.

About Weather Wizard, which story does his feat take place in?

Also, should we scale the Flashes from the durability of these characters now then?
Flash Vol 2 #221. This is supposed to scale to Heat Wave, Piper, Trickster and Magenta's durability instead of Weather Wizard's physicals, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back