• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The info came from this link, but I'm only referring to the first part of this calculation.

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-bl...echanics-wonder-woman-vs-shattered-god.17332/ For convenience, I've copied it down below.

Okay, so here you can see the Shattered God (powerful Skyfather - level dude) summons pieces of himself from "every corner of the universe". Wonder Woman manages to deflect them from all angles:

http://i46.tinypic.com/33u90sp.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/r1gdie.jpg

Now, according to the DC Wiki, Wonder Woman is 6 feet (1.8288 m) tall.

Scaling:

WW Height = 100px
Path she traveled (it's implied here that she actually deflected these things from a sphere in 3 dimensions, but we'll go with what the art shows) = 261 + 126 + 115 + 104 + 102px = 708px
Attempting to scale distance between the farthest and closest projectile = 21px

Converting, this means that Diana traversed 12.947904 m in the time it took one of those projectiles to traverse 0.384048 m. In other words, she is moving around 33.71428571 times faster than the projectiles.

The next part of the linked calculation assumes the unobservable universe size, so I'll refer to Matthew's calc which used the 100 trillion light-year distance.

According to that calc, the accepted speed of these projectiles was 315,569,258,917,113,954,000c.

Since Wonder Woman is 33.71428571 times faster than the projectiles, this would make her 1.0639192e+22 c, or 10.6 sextillion times ftl.

Hellbeast1 said:
There's alsothis which could upgrade them to ridiculous levels
I took a quick google search: https://medium.com/starts-with-a-ba...se-at-the-moment-of-its-creation-c127bc666b7c

"When the Universe was one second old, it was too hot to form stable nuclei; protons and neutrons were in a sea of hot plasma. Also, the entire observable Universe would have a radius that, if we drew it around the Sun today, would enclose just the seven nearest star systems, with the farthest being Ross 154."

So the universe only expanded to about 9.69 light years in one second, while the DC Universe as a whole expanded 60 trillion light-years in half a second .

Though I'm more worried about just getting the sextillions upgrade, I'd be glad if we could get that to pass.

I think that this is a likely outlier due to the writer not considering the full context of the feat.

The current scaling is probably fine.

Are you sure it's an outlier?

I don't think the writer was specifically looking for hundreds of quintillions ftl to begin with, so I don't think it's an outlier based off of author intent.

I mean author intent in general doesn't often kind up with power levels in fiction. For instance does anyone believe Lucas intended Force Users to be comparable to weapons of mass destruction? Clearly not but death of the author applies DVD we judge things in our own way by our own criteria (in this case analysis of feats l)

Well, I think that this has been discussed and rejected previously, but you can ask Matthew Schroeder, Azathoth, and Sandman31 to comment here if you wish.

There's nothing to imply that it's wrong, however. In fact, the only things he took 'as a joke' was the size of the universe and the timeframe, which your calc used as well.

This is likely not going to be accepted, so we should probably close the thread.

What's with closing the thread prematurely without a reasonable conclusion? I want to at least get a valid reason as to why this can't be accepted before such a rash decision is made.

It is too much of an outlier for Wonder Woman and the other DC Comics characters that are comparable to her.

I mean is it tho? It's simply a recalc of the feat we already use and there are dozens of simarlarly MFTL+ feats

Do we already use this feat to scale Wonder Woman? It seems astronomically higher than other MFTL+ feats for her and similar characters.

What makes it an outlier when most characters of this league are comparable due to scaling to her or Superman (who is comparable)? Most of them otherwise have not shown legitimate speed limitations to begin with.

In that case, you should preferably copy the calculation to a blog post here, and ask the calc group to evaluate it.

It is best if you check up if we use Matthew's version. If so, I suppose that you can create a blog for the calculation.

Okay, then it should probably be fine to use the new version after you have placed it in a blog and asked the calc group to evaluate it.

Pretty sure the method used there is textbook calcstacking, the only speed that matters is the speed of the projectiles, calculating Wonder Woman's movements after that vastly inflates the results.

The result of this calc is much higher than all the other consistent speed feats of comparable characters. It's going in the sextillions range while the others cap out in the quadrillions.

Okay. Was Matthew's version more reliable?

Back