• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Archangel True-Godly Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
In re-reading a lot of the Lucifer (2000) run to try and revise some of the profiles here on the wiki, I noticed also in the recent conversation about 1-A beings and their True-Godly Regenerationn that there are some issues I have with Lucifer's profile.

Firstly, Lucifer is attributed with True-Godly Regenerationn because of him being unaffected by several layers of Death Manipulation and as well as resisting the Basanos' infinite deaths at once. The problem with this that PaChi even brought up on the True-Godly thread is that this should be classified as resistance to Death Manipulation, not Regenerationn.

The fact that Death herself has no claim over Lucifer is taken out of context. The real reason she has no claim over Lucifer is because it was not yet time for Lucifer to truly die. This makes sense given our previous knowledge that Death exists for things that aren't even considered "living" by conventional standards such as other immortal gods and aspects of The Endless. While some minor death gods might not be able to affect the Morningstar, Death is certainly not something he is immune to.

This is shown furthermore when during the pursuit of Fenris to the Yggdrasil, Lucifer was able to mortally wound Michael. Michael states himself that he is dying and it becomes a further plot point when Elaine is forced to take in his power.

It's important to note that Michael and Lucifer are regarded as equals throughout the entire plot of the comic. Michael was unable to regenerate whatsoever after taking that damage from Lucifer and died. Therefore, I do not think that Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics) or Michael Demiurgos should have True-Godly Regenerationn from what I have seen there, nor are they completely immune to the concept of Death.

Unless they scale from a feat of another being somehow, True-Godly Regenerationn should be removed from their profiles. I'm not sure what it should be replaced with, but we could answer this in the thread below.

I also think that this makes sense.

It is probably best with a confirmation from Sandman31 though.

Presumably High Godly, as all outerversal characters should be beyond being destroyed in terms of time and space, but I am not sure.

I do not think so. Perhaps it would be best to skip mentioning it.

What about Mid-Godly?

Edit: Reading past versions he was at "Mid-Godly or High-Godly" although the justification was literally the same as in the CRT or or no justification at all.

I'm pretty sure the "Not Time For Yet To Truly Die" is regarding how everything will be voided out one day including the Archangels. But it's been 4 years since I read Sandman and Lucifer so I'll just remain low for now until further proof is given.

Has anybpdy asked Sandman31 to comment here yet?

@Tman766 I mean that's possible, but that still means that Lucifer isn't completely immune to Death's influence.

@Iapitus He's not immune to death, I addressed this in the thread/

In other news, I don't think that Sandman has been contacted yet.

Well, Michael did reformed after being killed for the first time by Lucifer or maybe Lucifer just recreated him. Not sure.

Lucifer was also technically powerless when he had that conversation with Death since his wings has been burned and nothing was left except for a single feather.

I also think that Lucifer isn't Immune to Death or even Destiny. I also dont think he created the Endless

Okay. So what do you suggest that we should do here?

Okay. Do the other archangels scale from that?

Well, the Spectre is also an archangel, just weaker than Michael and Lucifer, even at his peak.

If it stems from the same powerset and one is just stronger than the other, yes. If it is a separate ability then no, imo.

Yeah it scales like that when they all are the same thing or well genetic make up but that may not be the right phrase but you get what I'm saying.

The problem is that this likely contradicts that Lucifer and Michael do not seem to have demonstrated Regenerationn on that level, so I am not sure how to handle this.

Well, I am not the best informed, but Lucifer couldn't heal his cut off wings, and Michael couldn't regenerate from what killed him.

I am not sure. It would be best if Sandman31 could confirm.

Tho, I am only a casual reader and haven't gone through looking for feats, I do have a passing knowledge. The Presence may not have his True Godly invalidated simply because the angels have, especially since an Endless that is a direct result of him has true godly and the fragment of that endless's power has true godly regen. So I think just based off of that, the ones who do not use the same "power system" as the angels and use a power system more akin to the basmos should be counted as seperate

On a side note, are there any other experts you have your faith in on this topic that are available

The only staff members that are highly knowledgeable about DC regrettably seem to be Sandman31 and Matthew, although Azathoth has also been able to provide useful input at times.

Antvasima said:
The only staff members that are highly knowledgeable about Marvel regrettably seem to be Sandman31 and Matthew, although Azathoth and Ryukama have also been able to provide useful input at times.
This is a DC matter tho,

Sorry, DC. Head glitch. I manage lots of tasks at once.

Anyway, I have technically read a massive amount of DC comics, and a staggering amount of Marvel comics, but I am not all that good at remembering them in a statistics evaluation manner. Or at least not with so little time available for each task.

The Presence could still have his through other sources, as Iapitus mentioned. Elaine as the God of the DC Multiverse should still have hers as well via scaling from The Presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back