• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBX/DBH timelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sera

Well if you determine "history" to be an ongoing construct and classify even future events as "history" then it can be infinite so long as there is no end to it.

>Countless events

That's 2-B

>Endless Worlds

That's 2-B

>Infinite History

I'm not even entertaining this. It's the name of the DLC pack and titles use the most flowery language of them all.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Sera

Well if you determine "history" to be an ongoing construct and classify even future events as "history" then it can be infinite so long as there is no end to it.
Yeha, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with a multiverse. We're talking about a single history here.

@Sera

Yeah and I've been against 2-A DBH this whole time. I've been so sunk in arguing against even the faintest possibility of 2-A from that kind of statement that I'm basically over-analyzing semantics at this point.

The countless events part was the statement i said contradicts nothing. Not the one i was using. I was using the infinite history statement that fu made. Not the second one.

I dont see how endless worlds is only 2-B.

An outright statement for infinite history is not flowery language. They wouldnt just put a statement for an infinite multiverse on the dlc pack if it werent infinite.

If the multiverse is infinitely expanding then it would be finite. It would just be constantly expanding to a greater finite level. Ive already explained why even an infinite history that is expanding in dbh would be an infinite history. So far you have just given me a metaphorical statement for quantum mechanics.

Ok look. If those statements are not enough for you then would the multiverse be infinite if it were outright stated to have infinite timelines?

Even though it would logically equate to infinite timelines, it is obvious that you wont accept it for now. So im just going to leave it for now.

DMB 1 said:
Assaltwaffle said:
Also even if time became infinite in the DBH Multiverse the current Multiverse is not infinite. If every possible change in reality makes a universe then Demigra sits at obscenely high end 2-B
This would actually still be an AP upgrade since as of right now, they are into the "countless" range.
Is there any proof of this though?

Endless worlds is only 2-B for the exact same reason countless worlds are only 2-B.

Sigh Endless means never ending. countless means uncountable which can mean finite or infinite. But either way it is not the main reason why it is true. but id rather not discuss it here tbh. Ive tried to show you how expanding multiverses work but you obviously dont want to acknowledge it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Because possibilities don't mean they actually exist.
If every possible change in reality makes a timeline, that means that the Multiverse would be expanding at an enormous rate, though I'd like more proof of this.

You do realize something like seven-hundred centillion is uncountable right? Yet even that is not even a transfinite number. Endless? Yeah, 1, 2, 3, 4,...inf is endless. That's not uncountable infinity. You realize rational numbers can be endless too, yes? Are you gonna tell me there's an infinite number between one and two? There's countless decimals in between them. Do I really need to break this down mathematically? Do we need a lesson on infinity?

If the DBH verse is confirmed to be branching based on every single possibility that can ever exist, no matter how minute, the verse would have several hundred orders of magnitude worth of universes within it, which is so obscenely strong for a non-infinite it isn't even funny.

But if that is confirmed I'm fine with embracing the new strongest 2-B verse.

Assaltwaffle said:
Of course. If we get an infinite timelines statement 2-A is good to go.
But isn't this statement "History is not finite" already saying that? The word "history" is always used to refer to "multiverse" in DBX/DBH.

That doesn't make it infinite. Dragonball is already ridiculous enough to have twelve universes share the same overarching history, which is why it is heavily argued they aren't separate spacetimes, it's hard to determine this from just a flowery statement.

So the argument against this is that it's just flowery statement?

Based off what you said, let's replace "history" with "multiverse".

"The multiverse is not linear, and it certainly isn't finite. It's formed from a vast network of countless possibilies."

1. That's 2-B. Not finite, but countless implies a transfinite number.

2. The multiverse being formed from a network of possibilities and not history contradicts the Divine Calendar, which proves the multiverse has a linear measurement of time.

3. Non-linear =/= infinite in any definition.

Just saying, it does not say, possibilities, but events, as in things that happened past tense. The term history by definition means already happened and is existant, thats why using the excuse of possibilities is faulty here unlike in others, since it is never stated to be possibilites here, but recorded history, every part of "history" in the game is a recorded event youa re protecting. Also not finite is very celar, and countless is irrelivent since it can be a synonum for infnite, so does not contradict it.

"Countless is a synonum for infinite" (while I actually agree) doesnt matter here, you know that.

Otherwise every single 2-B here that are 2-B for countless would become 2-A.

The only reason this is diffrent is since non finite cannot mean anything other than infinite. If it was just countless alone than yeah it could be finite, but since it says non finite it is by dfinition infninte.

Im not sure it works like that.

Though I will say I always found it weird we take "Countless" alone to not mean infinite (unless shown otherwise numerically/finitely) and just have our own headcanony definition. But I digress.

Countless does not mean infinite. It means a very large number. For example, all the grains of sand on every beach and desert on Earth. There's so many of them it's impossible to count them all within a lifetime but is it infinite? No.

That actually doesn't mean we lack the inate ability to count them though.

The reason we can't isn't because our minds are limited to what we can count up to. It's that it would take too insanely long beyond our lifetime to actually count them. That, and grains of sand are incredibly small to keep track of.

But...thats my point on how it doesn't (or rather shouldnt) mean its not infinite.

Taking too long to count =/= it's finite. It can easily be simply infinite but because we lack the time and opportunity to actually keep counting, there's a limit to how much we can count, even though we can still count up to any finite number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back