• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBX/DBH timelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that, though movement cannot be infinite, in a universe that will not experience an "Ultimate fate" time could be infinite, and with a progressive history, it could be infinite. I don't think that's the case, but it would be disingenuous of me not to bring forth all possibilities I can think of.

Sorry but branching possibilities contradicts infinite timelines? Im pretty sure that even real life works that way. If anything this would outright make it infinite. for starters saying that an official statement from fiction is wrong because real life contradicts it is extremely illogical on its own. If we went by that logic then we could downgrade all low 1-B and above characters simply because it is impossible in our real world.

Everything that happens in the 4th dimension or is infinitely faster than what we percieve. Entire infinite timelines would appear as objects from someone with that perspective. This is even shown in dbh where timelines are literally solid objects known as time crystals. If a timeline splits when a possibility is taken, and you have an infinite timeline then you would literally have an infinite amount of possibilities within that timeline. From our perspective it would be expanding since we view time as never ending. But from a fourth dimensional perspective all of time would happen at once. If an infinite timeline which splits with every decision can appear as a finite structure in a higher dimension, then in that higher dimension there would be an infinite amount of timelines created from that alone.

In other words, by the very end of an infinite timeline, an infinite number of events/possibilities would have occured. If this creates alternate timelines with each decision and a 4D being can percieve both the beginning and end of that timeline, then they would have percieved an infintie number of possibilites and therefore infinite timlelines would exist in the 4th dimension.

Plus how would this contradict anything even if true? there could easily just be an already existing amount of infinite timelines with alternate choices simply adding to that infinite structure.

And i dont see how several statements towards history (which is the multiverse) being infinite is a hyperbole.

"There could be."

There lies the problem. You need to show that they actually do exist, not that they're just "possibilities." If not, then 2-B is the highest we can give them.

That is not the point of the third paragraph. The point was that branching timelines wouldnt even contradict a statement of infinite parallel worlds even if mat and the others were right.

Well Time isn't infinite, nor will an eternal/infinite timeline ever reach infinity. That's then nature of infinity.

True. but then again, we dont even know how timelines work in dbh. If the timelines have no ending point to them then there wouldnt be anything to really contradict it being infinite. Especially when it is stated as infinite.

Also even if time would be infinite (though both the Big Crunch and Big Rip theories prevent this), energy will be so sparcely dispersed throughout the universe that eventually every single particle in the universe will halt. Be it the Big Freeze or Heat Death the universe will become perfectly stationary and there will be on 1 possibility after a point.

Because of this, branching will cease before time reaches infinity, thus preventing the infinite expansion of a branching Multiverse.

That depends on whether the heat death even occurs in dragon ball in the first place. The characters have reality warping powers and super shenron would likely stop that from happening. Also im pretty sure there are theories involving the universe having matter left over which could scatter in any direction at any point which alone could lead to new possibilities.

There is not enough evidence to directly contradict the statement of dragon ball heroes having infinite timelines as there are still several different ways that infinite timelines can still exist. It isn't like there is no possible scenario where the author is right.

I think a At least Multiversal, possibly Multiversal+ rating would be much more fitting.

"There is not enough evidence to directly contradict the statement".

I mean aside from reality warping there basically is. Even with reality warping with the number of Multiverse busters in the series eventually they will destroy everything, if only by accident. Eventually, by pure randomness, not only a genetic duplicate of Demigra will form, but he will take the exact same path he did before and succeed in destroying the Multiverse.

That's just what infinity gets you. If there is a possibility for something to happen, however minuscule, it will happen as time approaches infinity. There are so many ways that the DBH Multiverse ends and not many ways for it to infinitely keep going.

That is like me saying that there would be an infinite amount of heaven ascension dios in jjba eyes of heaven meaning that the multiverse would constantly be getting warped. In fact there would be alternate timelines that would have split before demigra took that path, meaning by your logic, we would be seeing a countless amount of demigras popping up regardless of infinite timelines.

If we applied that logic to everything then almost all fictions that have someone go from 3D to multiversal plus would be getting downgraded. Fiction doesnt go by rules like that.

The Dio analogy is lost on me. Are you saying that because Dio is in an infinite Multiverse there would be an infinite number of Dios that eventually succeed in warping the Multiverse?

If so that is a good point in fiction, but for Dio I'm assuming the world was saved. This indicates that an infinite number of Dios lost (aka given the events that let him become what he was he would always lose in the manner that he did; which makes sense if JJBA operates under Determinism). That is a provable and known reality to that Multiverse, but such is not so in the DBH Multiverse. Eventually Goku or anyone who can contest a Multiverse buster will not be around and the Multiverse will be ended.

Even real life works that way

Multiple timelines, let alone infinite timelines have no scientific evidence whatsover. It's still trying to be proven.

Also even if time became infinite in the DBH Multiverse the current Multiverse is not infinite. If every possible change in reality makes a universe then Demigra sits at obscenely high end 2-B, but he wouldn't be 2-A since time during the events of DBH since time isn't infinite.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also even if time became infinite in the DBH Multiverse the current Multiverse is not infinite. If every possible change in reality makes a universe then Demigra sits at obscenely high end 2-B
This would actually still be an AP upgrade since as of right now, they are into the "countless" range.

Time wouldnt become infinite over time going by my analogy, it would have practically already happened due to how the events in the 4th dimension would pass in an instant. The only way infinite dios would be lost is if jotaro destroyed every dio in every universe. But you still have many beings in fiction going from 3D to multiversal plus with no real consequence like you said.

In fact practically no fiction really follows that rule. Even masadaverse would have an infinite number of hadou gods based on the simple fact that it is possible for a mortal to become a hadou god in a multiverse with not just an infinite multiverse, but 27 dimensions. And you have 3D beings creating multiversal destruction with prep etc.

As i explained earlier, infinite time (with no end to said universe) along with time appearing as a crystal on a 4D perspective would basically mean infinite possibilities would have already happened in the 4th dimenison. And since an infinite multiverse would exist in the 4th dimension, and all of time happens at once in the 4th dimension, that means that a 3D being could very well experience an infintie multiverse at any point in time.

So my point still stands in the fact that nothing actually outright contradicts a statement of infinite multiverse. Since there are so many ways there could be an infinite history. Which means outright declaring it to be impossible would be an assumption. But the ways history could be infinite would be speculation as well. Which is why at least 2-B possibly 2-A is makes the most sense.

An "infinite multiverse" as we call it here is not the result of branching timelines. In order for infinite timelines to exist, they must have already existed independent of each other. There must have been a multiversal constant that started them.

Thes issue is that is stated to be infinite contradicts the whole branching system of the Time Tree. Besides, most of the supposedly "infinite" statements are things like "endless" or "uncountable" timelines, which sound more like hyperboles to say that they don't even know how many timelines there are exactly because there are so many of them.

Again, it's not infinite and it is branching timelines hence why there's something called the Time Tree. In quantum mechanics a tree is usually used to symbolize other universes with its ever expanding branches. That is not infinite, and any statements of infinity suggesting otherwise contradict the existence of that tree.

dmb 1 I just showed why it wouldnt. Endless and uncountable can mean both infinite and constantly expanding as well. And fu saying that history is definitely not finite doesnt sound like a hyperbole to me (plus history not being finite would contradict time having an end as well).

"Infinite History" is just the title of the DLC, and even in its context, it means "infinite possibilities", which aren't infinite timelines.

sera ex Just because quantum mechanics uses a metaphorical name to describe timelines splitting, that doesnt mean dbh goes by the same logic. I also just described many ways an infinitely branching multiverse can still be infinite.

DMB Im talking about fu stating it to not be finite as well as that. History in dbh is just another term given to the multiverse. If dbh having an infinite multiverse statement is only considered infinitely expanding then why wouldnt any other franchise with an infinite multiverse be the same?

Fu stating that contradicts how the Time Tree works, so it wouldn't make sense.

What other franchises? I'm sure those are outright stated to have infinite timelines, not infinite branching ones.

Dragon ball heroes doesnt even reference the time tree nor go by it. Just because one theory suggests that branching timelines = infinitely expanding that does not mean all branching timelines in any fiction or theory have to involve it infinitely expanding. Plus for all we know, the end result of the time tree in quantum mechanics could be an infinite amount of timelines. All i have is a metaphor given to the theory but not an actual reference that states it is not infinite but still expanding.

That is what i mean. It wasnt stated in that scenario to be infinitely expanding. It was just stated as infinite. The franchises that are outright stated as having is what i am talking about. If an infinite history (multiverse) can be considered as infinitely expanding then why wouldnt this apply to every other franchise that has this statement?

Read this post said:
If dbh having an infinite multiverse statement is only considered infinitely expanding then why wouldnt any other franchise with an infinite multiverse be the same?
Because they have actual straightforward statements of "this multiverse has an infinite number of timelines"

You're going to need more than just speculation. Unless there's an outright statement of infinite universes/timelines, then 2-B is the best we can give them.

It isnt just speculation. the multiverse being stated infinite twice is a clear statement. My point is that it takes speculation to contradict that statement but has many explanations as to how it can have branching options and be outright infinite at the same time which i have covered earlier. Which is why a 2-B possibly 2-A rating makes the most sense

Give me the statement that says there are infinite universes/timelines.

Not infinitely branching ones.

Not infinite possibilities.

Not infinitely expanding.

Also an infinite history is not a multiverse. There's nothing to suggest this whatsoever and is pure imaginary. One history being infinite does not relate to multiple universes. That's just ridiculous.

History cannot be infinite if there is a beginning. Do we need to have a lesson about R, Q, N, and Z?

here here and here None of them mention possibilities, expansion or branching. In the first one, he said after the infinite history statement that it formed a network of countless events, but again, infinitely branching can mean both infinitely expanding or infinite as i have explained earlier. So him stating it is infinite still stands. The second states it to be outright infinite. It being the title doesnt make it any less of a statement especially when backed up by others. Cell in the third one just outright states there are endless worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back