• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean its pretty cut and dry from what I see. The fact is

1. They scale to the speed of the explosions from their ki attacks consistently through the series as I outlined above with many examples, thus there is no logical reason to assume they don't scale to the explosion from the energy ball in BoG. If we take the feat as Beerus reacting to it then great, but even without that we know they would scale anyway based on the fact character = speed of ki attack, even the explosions in DB. AKM has even agreed to the fact that they are consistently as fast as their explosions, he is only undecided on timeframe of the destruction really.

2. We know the speed of the explosion from Beerus and Goku's ki ball was going to engulf the Universe very quickly, the kais and Whis thought the light was the end of the Universe at that moment as it engulfed it, as they were surprised and perplexed that everything was intact after it passed, due to Beerus nullifying the energy as Whis realized. Thus the speed of the light which reached the kais is likely a similar speed to the explosion. Even if you ignored that you could easily estimate a low ball like a minute or something. So we can certainly get a timeframe to.

So honestly I don't see a reason the feat shouldn't be used, the only real question is do we use the speed of the light like is implied, or a low ball estimate for immediate destruction like a minute or something along those lines. It's honestly much more concrete than an ambiguous mftl+ but with no number attached, or a severe low ball like crossing a nebula which is nowhere near their full speed and uses a lot of guess work on distance anyway.

Even if you ignored that you could easily estimate a low ball like a minute or something. So we can certainly get a timeframe to.
Imho , 1 minute is way too much even for a low ball , especially when the energy ball was also emitting shock waves so why wouldn't it expand at the same speed ?

it also took less then 30 secs to show us the kai's wondering why they were still alive

@KLOL506 actually; that was something Ryu brought up. He complained about Piccolo and Roshi scaling from their beam speeds; which I argued was different than blast radius expanding speed.

Although, he did bring up some other good points yes.

While I do agree that the destruction would have been almost immediate going by what was shown, it doesn't really mean the explosion's speed should be assumed to be equal to the light's. The Kais thought that the light was the end, but they didn't even know that Beerus was nullifying the real explosion. If a big light engulfs you and you know the source is a universe destroying energy, obviously you're gonna think you're dead. That doesn't prove anything about the speed of the explosion being relative to the light it generated. It's much more safer to assume a lowball in this case.

If anybody wants to create a blog, they can take different timeframes for lowball and highball. I don't think the assumption that it would take a minute for the universe to be destroyed is an egregious one for a lowball. But I could also see your suggested timeframe as a possible highball. I'd still be inclined to use the lowball though.

I don't mind doing a Blog with a few timeframes later today (in class currently). We could then choose which one we want to use if that is agreeable. I assume we want to use the currently used size for the DB Universe in the Whis calc.
Fine by me

I agree with it being realistically actually 5-10 seconds but U can do lowball like 30 seconds as well but still I do believe A Minute is too much
There could be low end mid end & high end 30,20,10 or 20,10,5 something like that I believe

OK, I completed a blog using the currently accepted diameter of the DB Universe, and I plugged in a 10s, 30s and 1 minute timeframe. I also gave a concise explanation as to why they logically scale to the speed of the energy balls explosion, which is basically what I said here, and everybody seems to agree that they do consistently scale to the explosions from their ki attacks so it should be a welcome clarification.

Edit: If we need to make tweaks to the blog that could be done.

Basically now we just decide if we want to use 1 minute, 30 sec or 10 sec timeframe. I'm just gonna say 30 sec is a reasonable compromise since AKM said he could see that as a reasonable point of view even if he was leaning toward a minute, while several others want 5 or 10 sec and think 1 minute is to high for a reasonable number. I think everybody would be able to accept 30 sec without feeling like it is overexaggerated or being downplayed.

I'd still prefer the one minute end and put it like "at least 98 quad c".

I am personally fine with using 10 (this would be my choice) or 30. Maybe take part of AKM's suggestion and say "at least 196 quadrillion c" to indicate it could be lower than 30 sec, but we are just being conservative?

10 seconds just makes more sense IMO. But I digress, most people here seem to be fine with 30-second timeframe (and quite alot want the 10 second timeframe), should we wait for more input, or do we apply it now?

Probably call a few more knowledgeable staff members to see what they think.

I... don't think that's how it works? It doesn't necessarily mean you are an ENTIRE TIER of speed ahead. It just means your speed could be higher.

Just like Ryu said, we could maybe use an "At least higher" to suggest that the timeframe could be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back