• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beerus is MFTL+ for flying to a planet 1/4 the speed of Whis. I have a problem with this.

1. What does this 1/4 statement come from?
2. When looking at Whis’ speed, he’s almost 500 quad c. That’s not Whis’ casual flight speed. At that point he’s never gone so fast, so Beerus shouldn’t scale to that.
3. Why doesn’t Beerus himself have a calc where he flew to the planet with his casual speed? This is important because the cast upscale from Beerus’ casual flight speed.

EDIT: Currently my blog is being discussed. Discussion regarding the blog started here.

Last edited:
Yeah could’ve sworn we’ve ditched the 3/4 thing. Beerus’s speed is hard to pin down. Featwise, the shockwave feat is 240 quadrillion c. The thing is, SSJG Goku scales to that. And he’s currently >>>>>>>> himself when he scaled to that. But even as SSJB Gogeta, he’s still << Whis.

Also another problem I have is scaling combat speed to flight speed. We do this for a lot of characters actually. 😔

Last edited:
Did we actually scaled character's speed to the "shockwaves"? Like, for what reason? No one scaled to them, they just happened.

The 3/4 thing needs to go, yeah. In Episode 2 Beerus flies from his planet to “Mogina” with an actual stated time frame, so if someone could determine the distance that’d be neat.

Perhaps I'm too tired to understand, but wouldn't this heavily downgrade the cast?

iirc, we used to scale this to combat speed as well, but if we don't, then what would their combat speed be?

There was never a consistent idea. People either thought they scale to the shockwaves, Beerus’ speed or Whis’ speed.

Not sure why they’d scale to the shockwaves and scaling to Whis makes no sense tbh.

Anyway, here’s some things that might allow us to determine the distance Beerus flew.

Beerus does still have some other feats ranging from Billions of C to trillions of C; that Whis did casually.

Isn't this strictly travel speed? Or we assume all of this as general speed? Doesn't make much sense unless someone intercept them on that speed.

In any case, even with Goku scaling to a massively-suppressed Beerus who would massively scale down from Whis's highest speed (Let's just assume suppressed Beerus 10 times slower than his usual "3/4th the actual top speed of Whis when not holding back), and considering even base Goku can keep up with the guy, the SS transformations and Kaio-Ken stacked up on top would easily **** up the speed scaling to cosmological proportions.

I feel like folks are forgetting that goku couldn’t sense where Beerus place was given he was scanning five galaxies to see where vegeta and whis were indicating it’s very far

Also no one gonna bring up beerus reacting to the blast that was gonna cover the entire universe or what?

Also can anyone link me to the 72 quadrillion times FTL speed feat performed by a casual Whis not exerting himself?

Beerus should still scale below the 72 quad speed feat of Whis since that was when Whis was going at his usual speed.
No, we should not downscale any feats from Angels because they quite literally stomp any GoD. We should scale them from something else.

No, we should not downscale any feats from Angels because they quite literally stomp any GoD. We should scale them from something else.
Basically yeah he wouldn't scale but not for this reason, but because even if Beerus massively downscaled to have the value of 72 quadrillion, early KKx10 SSB Goku would easily surpass this by a massive margin, and I'm not even including the previous SSJ transformations being already a massive boost as is.

To answer a question, I don't know where 1/4th even exists; I only remember a 3/4ths statement. But, the billions to trillions of C were like 2016 era calculations.

To answer a question, I don't know where 1/4th even exists; I only remember a 3/4ths statement. But, the billions to trillions of C were like 2016 era calculations.
Yeah, I'm pretty damn sure it was a 3/4th statement, not a 1/4th.

Pretty sure it's not 1/4, it's 3/4 the speed of Whis.

I think it comes from this
This was the reason?

Tbh that's not really solid, that just sounds like Beerus was moving 3/4ths as fast as Whis was during that time period, and not 3/4th as fast as a casual Whis in general.

If a car casually traveled at 20 mph, the average person can move 3/4ths as fast as it, but the same car can also casually travel at 30 mph.

This was the reason?

Tbh that's not really solid, that just sounds like Beerus was moving 3/4ths as fast as Whis was during that time period, and not 3/4th as fast as a casual Whis in general.

If a car casually traveled at 20 mph, the average person can move 3/4ths as fast as it, but the same car can also casually travel at 30 mph.
Nah, Whis moved that distance in 1 minute while Beerus moved that distance in 3. That's what I'm hearing about the feat but I'm not certain if that is what it truly refers to, I remember a more direct statement from the show where they say the 3/4th thing flat out.

If there's a more direct statement then we need to use that. There is no one 'casual' speed, so we can't just take a ratio of one casual speed and compare it to the biggest casual speed.

Yes, Whis has only shown his peak speed once. So I do not think they should downscale.
That has never been a thing anyway. Nobody dcales to Whis's top speed that he displayed in the Arale episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back