• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(DB Tier 1) We must imagine a DB scaler happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually can you quote DDT here I know what you are referring to but I think that needs to be clarified here
This is one
Depends on context, but possibly yes. Although that hinges on the word time travel.

Like, fundamentally you could say that you have one timeline that spans multiversal space. In the beginning, that space is empty. Then you rewrite the past so that 3 universes already existed in the space (which is the same as creating 3 timelines). So you rewrite the timeline of the multiversal space.
Then you do the same again to add 5 more.

Technically, you could say you only spawned several more multiverse spanning timelines. Like, now a empty multiverse spanning timeline, a multiverse spanning timeline with 3 universes and a multiverse spanning timeline with 8 universes exist. The total number of timelines is only 11.
If you are able to travel between multiverse spanning timelines, you would also be able to switch back from the multiverse spanning timeline with 8 universes to the one without any universes/timelines.

However, if you do that specifically via time travel, then that could be a good indicator that you are actually dealing with an additional time dimension. Because that indicates that the progression of the creation of timelines is done within a (presumably continuous) flow of time and that time wouldn't be that of the regular past where those universes always existed

@Qawsedf234 so they’d need to be stated to coexist in the same space to argue for a potential hyper timeline?
This is the important part.
  • They exist in the same space (so no standard multiverse space-time separation)
  • Feature a timeline beginning and ending while others keep going or just a clear separation that the timestreams are independent of each other
DC's example features timelines coexisting in the same space and while they're not independent timelines start and end while others still progress, meaning they're operating on a different temporal axis.

It's why the DB Timelines as a collective would be Low 1-C but not a timeline on its own.

• They exist in the same space (so no standard multiverse space-time separation)
  • Feature a timeline beginning and ending while others keep going or just a clear separation that the timestreams are independent of each other
DC's example features timelines coexisting in the same space and while they're not independent timelines start and end while others still progress, meaning they're operating on a different temporal axis.

It's why the DB Timelines as a collective would be Low 1-C but not a timeline on its own.
So, a linear time that is consist of all parallel world/timelines would qualify (not in discrete branching way but literally along a real line time)?

I honestly don't get the difference between the two examples. Mind re-explaining?

Dont db's timelines do the same thing? I.e when zeno destroys futures trunks timeline, the others still progress just fine. Also the timelines of the 12 are seperate because zeno destroyed universes 13-18 in the past, and the other universes were unscathed by it.

So, a linear time that is consist of all parallel world/timelines would qualify (not in discrete branching way but literally along a real line time)
Yes. If all timelines are existing in the same space as seperate streams without being created through branches, or showing that the ceasing of time in one timeline doesn't stop time in another, that would be an example of a hyper timeline.

At least to my understanding.

Yes. If all timelines are existing in the same space as seperate streams without being created through branches, or showing that the ceasing of time in one timeline doesn't stop time in another, that would be an example of a hyper timeline.

At least to my understanding.
Hasn’t changed yet. I’m sure it’s fine.

Dont db's timelines do the same thing?
They do, which is why I said as a collective they are Low 1-C. The timelines themselves are just 2-C.
I honestly don't get the difference between the two examples. Mind re-explaining?
The time streams must occupy the same space. As in it can't have a multiverse separation going on.

The second is one of two ways. Either you show one timeline as ending while the others keep going or you showcase that time travel makes a completely seperate stream that's not a branching multiverse thing.
What is going on here? Last few posts look like derailment.
Sorry DDM. I was tempted by the memes.

Okay, this thread has already passed the 48 hours since it was created, there was a complete acceptance by users and staff, I feel sorry for Pain and Geor I doubt that DT is even interested in this thread to point out if you are right or wrong as in Geor's thread, but to avoid this thread to become more delairing than it already is given the time it is better to apply this and close the thread.

Okay, this thread has already passed the 48 hours since it was created, there was a complete acceptance by users and staff, I feel sorry for Pain and Geor I doubt that DT is even interested in this thread to point out if you are right or wrong as in Geor's thread, but to avoid this thread to become more delairing than it already is given the time it is better to apply this and close the thread.
At the moment the application goes to
2-A Dragon Ball
Zeno
I think Arale

Well, since you gave the green light then let's apply and you can close, but we need several profiles to be opened.

Okay, who is going to implement the changes? By the way, any derail comments will be deleted.
Can these profiles be unlocked?

I'll volunteer.
I really don't care, everything is fine unless you know how to make a good edit and just apply what this thread proposed and following our Common Editing Mistakes
Closing the thread I get, but I'm not sure if applying them yet is a good idea before the staff thread is concluded.
This has not been decided yet? All I see is pure deraily discussion and as far as I know the staff had already given the go ahead for this revision.

This has not been decided yet? All I see is pure deraily discussion and as far as I know the staff had already given the go ahead for this revision.
DT would only make a draft, for the standards and there would be no changes, that's what he mentioned, and the rejection of that topic was complete.

@Georredannea15 @PrinceofPein Will either of you two actually give examples of characters that would qualify for your version of hypertimelines? The fact you’ve not remotely given examples for this backwards ass logic makes it really hard for anyone to see your side of the argument to be reasonable. Especially if you’re gonna argue Dragon Ball doesn’t qualify for this.
Not the thread for it but lotr, I am looking into it to get the scan.
Also so many R>F like Qawsedf said.

@Dereck03 the geor thread determines this, so why apply it, if this thread would get overturned by that?
Besides what's the rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back