• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Date A Live: Questions and Revision (Shido upgrades + New key/Hax.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I've been around date a live for a long time, I just haven't did much on it till a few days ago. Thus, I wanted to upgrade shido and this happened lol

I'm definitely not a help there, I don't know Date A Live verse or Japanese language as well. But since that I'm here, let's see how I can help there.

Eh, I don't want to register in Facebook just for a translation that is placed in a closed group. Hopefully HyperNepsy will be accepted into the group.

The Causality said:
We need a proper source, we can't really use this info without any proof that this is true.
HyperNepsy is going to find a good English translation of newer Date A Live volumes. Let's see if he can find.

HyperNepsy said:
Tfw it doesn't look that different. But anyways does anyone on vbw know Vietnamese?
There is a user going by the name EnderShadowr215, but it look like he disabled his account permanently.

HyperNepsy said:
Tfw it doesn't look that different. But anyways does anyone on vbw know Vietnamese?
Couldn't you ask someone from Reddit for the validity of the translations at least?

Actually now I think about it. This is Vietnamese text that has been translated from the Japanese original text it seems.

I'll try to ask him. But just in case, where would I find someone who can translate stuff at Reddit. I don't use it at all so I don't know how it works

Perhaps a simple reference in the profile to the chapter where the context appears would be fine when we will be referring to the source?

Skalt711 said:
Perhaps a simple reference in the profile to the chapter where the context appears would be fine when we will be referring to the source?
Well this is a light novel series so I suppose that might be acceptable.

What about the topic itself: I suppose that the revision is fine to apply if the translation reveals to be correct.

Skalt711 said:
What about the topic itself: I suppose that the revision is fine to apply if the translation reveals to be correct.
Keep in mind that since Date A Live is a Japanese light novel series. The issue here is whatever if we should check to see if the Vietnamese text matches with the original Japanese text as well then translate it to English and that is about it I think.

HyperNepsy said:
We don't have the original Japanese text though
I can try to retrieve it, but I'd be forced to go blind when I'll be searching for raw Japanese text.

The only raw Japanese text that I found goes up to 13th volume only. I'll go search further.

I mean it really is. The date a live novel's like everywhere only go up to 14, and you can find 15 16 and 17 on Reddit but that's about it. It's kinda impossible to find raw text or even translated versions. That's why people use the date a live Facebook translation group.

Let's wait for Chu Minh Duy to comment here... Well, if he ever replies.

It seems that there is no free raw Japanese text for Volume 14 and further. I also don't know about the post-Volume 14 English translation. Anything new, HyperNepsy?

It's just using a translation from The original text to a vietam language, which is translated to English, it almost the same as using English translation.

HyperNepsy said:
I mean it really is. The date a live novel's like everywhere only go up to 14, and you can find 15 16 and 17 on Reddit but that's about it. It's kinda impossible to find raw text or even translated versions. That's why people use the date a live Facebook translation group.
And the other option is to buy the source material from a website like Amazon or via website link like this one: http://lndb.info/light_novel/Date_A_Live

There's nothing else that I have currently, and I'm still not accepted into the group for some reason.

Also I doubt anyone is gonna do that just for feats

HyperNepsy said:
There's nothing else that I have currently, and I'm still not accepted into the group for some reason.

Also I doubt anyone is gonna do that just for feats
Assuming no one has the patience to do so for more than a week or so.

So I don't see any alternatives other than the ones mentioned here. Got any other better ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back