• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FDrybob said:
Lucafriz said:
I think the idea that Yveltal is immune to any psychic attack being an NLF comes partly from the notion of what happens when Pokemon meet psychics or natural phenomena. Such as, would a pure Grass Pokemon drown if you submerged it in the ocean? Would a pure Water Pokemon survive being thrown into a volcano? Stuff like that.
The difference is that water type pokemon are not immune to fire type moves, so enough fire will still kill them. However, no matter how many times you use psychic on a dark type, it will do no damage. Even though Arceus likely created pokemon types, he has always conformed to them. Of course, he would never used a resisted move in the first place, but my point is that Vader is nowhere near strong enough to hurt Yveltal with psychic attacks. Even if he did win somehow, he'd be dead too.

Fair enough, though it's probably a gross exeggeration of resistances and weaknesses to use such an example to begin with. Arceus is intelligent where battles are concerned though, since he was consistently shown to switch his type accordingly to block moves that would otherwise affect him. If Vader winds up dead because he somehow "won", then he never actually won, did he? Lol.

Let's put it this way. Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit are all canonically able to mindhax heavily someone. They are also at least Low 2-C together.

If they were working together, would they be unable to mindhax a Poochyena?

It's best if someone were to make a separate thread on the CRT board about this anyway because it doesnt matter whether its game mechanics or not. Yveltal has immunity to anything psychic on his page and until someone makes a thread questioning it to get it removed, it's accepted here to be used as a factor. So arguing about it in this thread will only deraiil from the main topic.

Kaltias said:
Let's put it this way. Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit are all canonically able to mindhax heavily someone. They are also at least Low 2-C together.
In all honesty, I would say yes, they won't be able to mindhax a Poocheyena. Also, wasn't it a Human that they mindhaxed?

Malamar's entries said they can hypnotize "any Pokemon", but I highly doubt it can even touch any of the Lake trio, so yeah...

Seems like "anyone" or "any Pokemon" might not be as absolute as it appears.

Can I ask? Why do we assume the Life Absorption is Oblivion Wing? He simply has a Life Force Absorption technique that he activates by opening his wings. Nothing says it is a beam. It is a pretty cut and dry statement. We really need to stop nitpicking every Pokedex entry.

Kaltias said:
To be fair this isnt a fair comparison.

Those 3 are literally the concepts of knowledge, emotion and willpower. The very factors that make up the minds in the pokeverse, so their mindhax would be on, or at least close to, a conceptual level.

If this were something like Mewtwo or Jirachi, it'd make better sense.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Can I ask? Why do we assume the Life Absorption is Oblivion Wing? He simply has a Life Force Absorption technique that he activates by opening his wings. Nothing says it is a beam. It is a pretty cut and dry statement. We really need to stop nitpicking every Pokedex entry.
This

But the problem here is that Vader resists it, and OW, so is not like it matters. Also, while Yveltal has that sweet versatility, they are too far away. If the OP specifies a range, then GG. And plus, Vader is probably stronger.

@Cropfist

Vader by ROTJ is stronger than Anakin by ROTS, who is stronger than Count Dooku, who is slightly stronger than Obi-Wan, who scales to that feat. So yeah.

Lucafriz said:
Are you referring to whether or not the lake trio can minhax Mewtwo or Jirachi?
No, im saying if it were Mewtwo or Jirachi trying to mindhax poocheyena it would be a better story since theyre simply strong mindhaxers.

The lake trio on the other hand have mind hax that is at least close to a conceptual level given they are the concepts of knowledge, emotion and willpower. So using them as an example doesnt sound like a fair one.

Alright, now it's resistance. How good is the mind hax of Mega Mewtwo, since we decided to scale it from this?

Also, i'm leaning towards Vader via being resistant to Life Force Absorption, plus various tricks with the Force

Stadium pokédex entry for Kadabra: When it uses psychic power, all its brain cells work in unison to generate powerful alpha waves.

Sapphire pokédex entry for Alakazam: Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world.

Leaf Green's pokédex entry for Alakazam: Its brain can outperform a supercomputer. Its IQ (intelligence quotient) is said to be around 5,000.

Silver's pokédex entry for Stantler: Those who stare at its antlers will gradually lose control of their senses and be unable to stand.

Platinum pokédex entry for Hypno: Seeing its swinging pendulum can induce sleep in three seconds, even in someone who just woke up.

-

Mewtwo in base should be way above anything this guys can do in terms of telepathy and psychic powers in general.

Force drain comes in many types, however the most commonly used type (which I assume Vader resisted) is stated on the star wars wiki to feed off death, not life. It severs the target's connection to life and the force, and feeds off their death. At least, that's what I interpreted from the wiki. Quite different from Yveltal's straightforward life drain. Just to be sure, what type of force drain did Vader resist?

Okay, so his life drain will be resisted by vader. Still though, Yveltal has disable, phantom force, flight, disable, and resistance to force attacks. They both have the same strength and durability, but due to being resistant to Vader's force and having several moves that Vader has no counter for (like phantom force and disable) I still think Yveltal takes this.

Vader is stronger and has a Range advantage. He is the more likely to win based on those conditions. Unless Yveltal can apply Disable and/or Taunt 4 km away.

As others have said, Vader isn't that much stronger than Yveltal to the point where it would make that much of a difference. Yveltal's profile says his range is hundreds of kilometers with some attacks. Plus, he can use phantom force to avoid attacks. Any attacks Yveltal fails to avoid are resisted, and it won't take too long for Yveltal to fly in close enough to use more of its attacks. Also, in case anyone brings this up, according to the star wars wiki, although Vader's kinetite is made of force lightning, it acts as a physical object and does not electrocute the target, so it would not deal supereffective electric-type damage.

Actually, he kind of is stronger to the point it would matter. Stronger than someone who is stronger than someone who is stronger than someone who is stronger than someone who scales to that multi-continent feat. Not only that, but Vader is known for attacking organs. And with only mind attacks can kill. That range advantage is what he needs to win. Like Traya says about Soresu (evading and/or resist attacks with Phantom Force): It only delays the inevitable. And that's assuming Yveltal would even know what is coming.

Yveltal has much more resistance to it than your average force user. As we have concluded, he is not immune, but the attacks would be dramatically reduced. Also, nobody has adressed phantom force, disable, and taunt, all of which would render that strategy useless.

Can Yveltal apply Disable and/or Taunt while 4 km away? Prove that and I'll concede that he wins. Phantom Force is not enough to take on Vader. If Yveltal applys Taunt then is GG. But CAN he apply it from such a distance and survive Vader's onslaught at the same time?

About the resistance, it is scaled to Mega Mewtwo, again, someone below Vader in power. So again, Vader's attack will be significant.

Edit: which again, this is assuming Yveltal will be expecting an attack while at that distance.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
About the resistance, it is scaled to Mega Mewtwo, again, someone below Vader in power. So again, Vader's attack will be significant.
Im pretty sure you can't treat hax like this.

Just like we don't do the same "power>hax" thing for DBS.

How is being resistant to a telekinetic push hax?

If Yveltal haven't show resistance to power in the same caliber to Vader, why should we assume he can? He is resistant to that power from someone of his own caliber. That is what was agreed on a revision thread about Yveltal's immunity. And Vader is above Yveltal in power.

I did some research, and it seems like outside of the games, disable's range depends on the strength of the user. A weaker pokemon like psyduck needs to make contact with the attack, while a legendary pokemon can use it on anything it can see. I'm a bit iffy, so I might have to switch my vote soon.

It seems like Yveltal and other legendaries are getting an upgrade. We might have to close this thread if they do.

EDIT: Yveltal is now at least moon level; this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back