• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fate From the Pokedex:

"When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures."

"When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more. "

It can simply spread its wings and absorb life force. Its resurrection takes 1000 years but it kills everything in the process.

And technically precognition shouldnt work seeing as Yveltal is unaffected by moves like Future Sight.

That first statement is vague and seems to be referring to the Oblivion Wing technique - the beam. I still don't see anything to suggest that it opens its wings and everything in an AOE insta-dies.

The second statement seems fair enough, so I take that as evidence - but that would lead to Inconclusive since both would die in that case.

I'm leaning on Inconclusive atm simply by the fact that either Yveltal manages to get some death thing going or it gets it reflected to its face or mindhaxxed. If it gets mind haxxed to a vegetative state, Vader would win, but I think there's a good chance he might use the hax to death so both end up dead.

EDIT: Even if I were to take the first statement at face-value, would still be 50/50 since Vader will be in range for Mind-Hax from the start as well.

Again, Vader DOES NOT use his mindhax like that. And again, Yveltal LITERALLY just spread his wings and Vader dies. Even if Vader lands an attack, he will not kill Yveltal with one move. Yveltal, on the other hand, can. Precognition will not prevent Yveltal from just spreading his wings. Yveltal has versatility on it's side. You're overestimating Vader's precognitive abilities. He doesn't know shatterpoints. His precognition will be "hey, there is an attack coming from here", and that's it. Vader can't stop Yveltal from just haxxing the victory. Show me one, a single fight where Vader starts mindhaxxing the opponent. Then you can use that as an argument.

X's pokédex entry for Yveltal: When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures.

Y's pokédex entry: When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.

@Lephyr They are starting at 4 KM away from each other, Lephyr.

You're legit telling me Vader will choose to try and run 4 km until he reaches Yveltal then will jump at it to try and cut it with the Light Saber at melee range when he is on range for force/mind hax from the start? Yeah, no.

Mind hax will kill it in one move because I don't see any resistance to that in Yveltal's profile. Same happens if Oblivion wing is redirected.

And I'm not overestimating it. I said precog helps, what else did I say? He'll know there's an attack coming before it happens. That's what I said.

The simple reason why Darth Vader will open with force hax is obviously the starting distance. Mind Hax is the main asset that he can use to hit Yveltal from that distance due to SBA. And since you want to play that game, I explained myself - not it's your turn: Show me one, single fight where Yveltal legit killed everything around it in a huge AOE simply by spreading its wings.

FateAlbane said:
Lucafriz said:
Though Yveltal being the death manipulator he is, redirecting Oblivion Wing back at him is probably going to have a negligible effect on him.
Yeah, no. Unless he has a feat of resisting death manipulation, we assume he has no resistance to it (I legit had a question regarding a similar situation earlier today and that was the consensus). Oblivion Wing gets redirected, if it hits, its dead.
Yeah, well, you try using Oblivion Wing on Yveltal and see if it dies. It kinda won't.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
X's pokédex entry for Yveltal: When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures.
That sounds a lot like the Oblivion Wing move.

Not some unavoidable surefire AOE that kills everything around it as soon as it opens its wings. NLF unless there's some showing.

@Lucafriz

Tanking it during the games doesn't mean anything. During the battle I mean. Because they are filled with game mechanics

@Fate

I know Vader will not run 4 km. Obviously he would use the force. But will he open with mindhax in-character? That's what you have to prove.

@Lucafriz I legit asked this earlier today in a Questions and Answers thread. Unless the character has displayed resistance to the power they use, they are assumed not to be able to resist it. So yeah. If OW gets redirected here, Yveltal dies.

Granted, at that point it takes Darth Vader along for the ride.

@Lucafritz

I doubt that there is another case where you have 2 Yveltal fighting each other outside of a battle in the games. Which is kinda the only way to prove that Oblivion Wing wouldn't work

@Lephyr I have to prove that Vader, a tactical genius with great strategical knowledge who will at least have an idea of what's coming at him thanks to precog, will not be dumb enough to not use something that's his best option at winning?

It's lovely how apparently you can assume that Yveltal uses some deadly AOE insta-kill unavoidable variation of Oblivion Wing (that I've never ever seen anywhere based on assumption or wrong interpretation of a vague statement that actually refers to the canon Oblivion Wing), while I have to prove that Darth Vader is not an idiot.

@Fate

And how would Vader redirect it? Another thing you have to prove. Has Vader resisted Death Manipulation? Tutaminis works with energy, sure. I don't know of a single time where Tutaminis worked against, essentially, Force Drain.

@Lephyr >> Oblivion wing is a beam.

>> Darth vader's profile states that he can redirect energy attacks.

Do the math. Also I never said Vader is resisting Death Manipulation. Sadly for Yveltal, he'll need to hit him first. Death Manipulation is just a buzz word at this point.

@Fate Sying that Vader can redirect energy that literally drains your life force away just from being near it when Vader has never shown the ability to do so is an NLF. And no, Death Manipulation is not a buzz word, Death Manipulation is Death Manipulation.

And Force Drain is depicted as many bolts of energy draining you. So... Yeah, you still have to prove Tutaminis will work against Oblivion Wing.

@Weekly Sorry but the death property only matters by the time it hits something. Not if it gets redirected at Yveltal from 3 or 4 KM away from Vader. It's a beam, it's energy, it gets redirected.

Death Manipulation is a buzz word when people say the power without taking into account how said character employs it. It's like when someone has the power to cut space and people read "Spatial Manipulation", instantly assuming in threads that they have every variation.

That's when it becomes a buzz word.

FateAlbane said:
LephyrTheRevanchist said:
That sounds a lot like the Oblivion Wing move.
Not some unavoidable surefire AOE that kills everything around it as soon as it opens its wings. NLF unless there's some showing.
And yet... You just said Oblivion Wing is a beam.

@Lephyr Because it is?

>> X's pokédex entry for Yveltal: When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures.

>> Yveltal's signature move. Yveltal's underside begins to glow and it creates a transparent red sphere of energy which it then fires off as a beam. It restores Yveltal's health by 75% of the damage dealt. Life forms that touch it die and turn to stone.

If this doesn't sound like Oblivion wing to you, then we aren't thinking of the same Pokemon.

@Lephyr If you want to tell me Vader can't do what's listed in his profile, not my problem.

Go make a CRT. If you get the redirection of energy removed, then yeah, I'll concede. Otherwise, no need for me to go searching for proofs as that's already on his profile. It's the same as if I started asking you to provide me proof on every single power in Yveltal's profile.

The Pokédex doesn't describe in full details but the description match =/= it's a different move altogether.

@Lephyr The attack literally happens by Yveltal firing a beam in all of its showings. The pokedex entry refers to how it looks. Now you're telling me that just because it isn't the same word for word, that it's not the same thing? Your argument ammounts to headcanon at this point.

Actually, you kinda do. You're saying Vader can redirect an attack which has an equivalent in SW that can't be redirected by the method in which he redirects stuff.

FateAlbane said:
Doesn't work like that. If Yveltal has no proper resistance or feat, then it dies. Simple as that. There's no "maybe it doesn't".
Or well, maybe it doesn't. Either way, inconclusive at best for Vader. At worse, he loses.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Except there's no proof, but youre claiming there is.
Again, I didn't make Vader's profile. Make a CRT to remove the whole "Can redirect/reflect/absorb energy", otherwise he can because it's what's listed there. Unlike the whole AOE Yveltal.

I don't understand why people want to make it sound like it's NLF when the NLF for Oblivion wing and Psychic immunitygg was being thrown right and left.

Kaltias said:
@Lucafritz
I doubt that there is another case where you have 2 Yveltal fighting each other outside of a battle in the games. Which is kinda the only way to prove that Oblivion Wing wouldn't work

Well, doesn't really matter if you doubt it or not. If Yveltal gets one more vote, he wins.

Again, I didn't make Vader's profile. Make a CRT to remove the whole "Can redirect/reflect/absorb energy", otherwise he can because it's what's listed there.
Except we're not talking about redirecting energy, we're talking about him redirecting Force Drain. Youre claiming he can do something that's not on his profile, how can something that's not on his profile be removed?

@Fate

Again, Tutaminis to my knowledge doesn't redirect Force Drain. Oblivion Wing is practically the same, but with added hax to it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Except we're not talking about redirecting energy, we're talking about him redirecting Force Drain. Youre claiming he can do something that's not on his profile, how can something that's not on his profile be removed?
What does force drain has to do with the beam of energy that is Yveltal's Oblivion Wing? Again, the death properties only matter by the time it hits Vader. And once more, yeah, it is on his profile:

Energy Manipulation (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him)

For all intents and purposes, Oblivion Wing is an energy beam. So pretty sure that can be redirected.

Also I don't know why you guys are making so much of a point out of this. Vader would be mind haxing it from afar while it was spreading its wings and preparing the beam anyways. Oblivion Wing has to legit reach Vader, while Mind/Memory Hax is applied directly to Yveltal's mind.

Kaltias said:
Can't Vader just survive it if he is resistant to this?
He resists the absortion part. Nice. Can he resist the Death Manipulation that comes with said attack?

And also, does he resists draining in the same potency as Yveltal?

Three things to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back