• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last time... Vader doesn't use mindhax like that. Almost no one in Star Wars does (except the time with GM Luke. Those guys doesn't joke around).

Read my replies above as for why yes he would.

EDIT: Also this is EU Vader, the way you talk makes me think of movie Vader.

I still don't see the issue regarding Yveltals psychic type Immunity. Unlike the Gardevoir issue, type immunities are literally a given it is a fact that dark types are immune to anything psychic.

Also not to sound like wank but if Arcues were to specifically use a psychic move on Yvletal it wouldnt kill him. Again, thats what immunities are for. There are characters who can shrugg off moves from infinitely stronger characters due to resistances and immunities and its not like Arceus doesnt have a million in one ways to make fried chicken out of Yveltal.

4KM away.

Why would he use a light saber if Mindhax is by far his best option even ignoring precognition and his intelligence? I already said above, I don't need to prove that Vader is not an idiot to try to close the gap when his highest range technique is Mind Hax. And again, at this point you're putting Yveltal in the best hypothetical scenario while putting Vader at the worst.

So the "your opinion" argument you just made isn't valid. If anything, it's what you're doing yourself right now.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also not to sound like wank but if Arcues were to specifically use a psychic move on Yvletal it wouldnt kill him. Again, thats what immunities are for. There are characters who can shrugg off moves from infinitely stronger characters due to resistances and immunities and its not like Arceus doesnt have a million in one ways to make fried chicken out of Yveltal.
After this, I concede.

Give up, you win.

Yveltal is too OP for me, beats even 2-B Arceus. I can't debate against a character of this level.

@Lephyr @Weekly @Kaltias Thanks for the debate, you three. It was pretty reasonable thus far and entertaining to debate with you guys but that's about it for me.

See you next thread.

Btw, count my vote as Inconclusive. EDIT: Actually, don't count it at all, since I won't be defending my position anymore. Off I go.

@Kukui

For the same reason why why my Froslass doesn't scale to 2-B via curbstomping unsealed Giratina.

Also, we never accept statements about immunity unless it's something like "immune to soul manipulation via being soulless"

Nah, Yveltal is a different case. Grass Pokémon do not devoid you of any trace of life with it, Yveltal does

You kinda said that Yveltal would no sell psychic type attacks from Arceus outside of game mechanichs. Which you should, you know, prove

Hmm... Yveltal still have Taunt and Disable, but I don't think he can use them from that far away... And Vader seeing what type of damage Yveltal is probably going to do if he gets too close, then yeah. Vader would keep the distance and just pound him with telekinesis. And given how Vader is probably stronger, then is GG.

I vote Vader.

That doesnt mean Yveltal would be anywhere remotely close to Arceus's level at all because its simply just hax resistance/immunity and this isnt the 1st time something like this has occured.

(I hate using them as an example but I have no choice) Take the Royal Knights from Digimon for instance. They have a ridiculous load of resistances and immunities to hax by no-selling them all from Zeed despite him being infinitely above them all in power. So power difference shouldnt stop Yveltal from being immune to Arceus lvl psychic hax when that immunity is a blatent given to all dark types in canon.

Unless im missing something, you cannot treat hax resistance/immunities like that as that would take away the point of resisting hax in general as hax would simply fail to work on stronger beings because of their power, not resistance or immunity.

You can absolutely define the scale of hax and hax resistance. It isn't related to AP though

I'm going to use Superman as an example instead of the RK. He resisted Matter Manipulation from a 5D being. The difference, is that this is a feat. We never accept a statement about someone resisting something infinitely stronger because it's most likely hyperbole. The situation is different

Vader scales from being>>>> than the one who did the feat though. So the power diffference is still significant

The Pokémon Move Telekinesis affects Dark Type pokemon.

And Kukui, if the person can't resist (or haven't shown) a level of hax of a certain "magnitude", then we can't assume he can. In the games Yveltal shows it, sure. But also a poochyena. Then that "game feat" should be taken with a grain of salt. No way is a poochyena resisting mindhax or telekinetic powers on the same level of Vader. And if Yveltal hasn't shown resisting it in that scale either, then... Well, you know.

Kaltias said:
I'm going to use Superman as an example instead of the RK. He resisted Matter Manipulation from a 5D being. The difference, is that this is a feat. We never accept a statement about someone resisting something infinitely stronger because it's most likely hyperbole. The situation is different
Well for one whoever it was that added Immunity must have gotten it cleared since its been here ever since and yes that may be true but what exactly is hyperbole concerning type resistances? This has always been a thing just like water types resisting fire or grass types resisting water. We can't just pick and choose which ones are real/ not real when they are in the same package together.

I'm not saying that Yveltal shouldn't have any resistance to it. But if you want to scale it, at best treat it as "can resist the mindhax of the strongest 3D Pokémon" (Which is already generous enough for a statement). Namely, Mewtwo. Not from Arceus.

X's pokédex entry for Malamar: It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.

Althoug Y's states this: It lures prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

I think the idea that Yveltal is immune to any psychic attack being an NLF comes partly from the notion of what happens when Pokemon meet psychics or natural phenomena. Such as, would a pure Grass Pokemon drown if you submerged it in the ocean? Would a pure Water Pokemon survive being thrown into a volcano? Stuff like that.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
X's pokédex entry for Malamar: It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.

Althoug Y's states this: It lures prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.
I'm awaiting the massive debate that'll likely naturally result once people ask whether or not, based on this, Malamar can mind-control Arceus.

Lucafriz said:
I think the idea that Yveltal is immune to any psychic attack being an NLF comes partly from the notion of what happens when Pokemon meet psychics or natural phenomena. Such as, would a pure Grass Pokemon drown if you submerged it in the ocean? Would a pure Water Pokemon survive being thrown into a volcano? Stuff like that.
The difference is that water type pokemon are not immune to fire type moves, so enough fire will still kill them. However, no matter how many times you use psychic on a dark type, it will do no damage. Even though Arceus likely created pokemon types, he has always conformed to them. Of course, he would never used a resisted move in the first place, but my point is that Vader is nowhere near strong enough to hurt Yveltal with psychic attacks. Even if he did win somehow, he'd be dead too.

They are canon in the anime (Other than a few moments that pikachu thunderbolts a ground type). Even if it was game mechanics, that does not mean he is defenseless. It has to factor in somehow. Any way you slice it, psychic attacks are weak against dark types. There is no way for Vader to win here. The best he can hope for is to take Yveltal with him and have it be inconclusive, but that seems unlikely to me since all Yveltal has to do is spread his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back