• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darthvader3
You don't know the power of the DARK SIDE

Yveltal by subway raptor-d5wzj59
Vader decides to take this Pokemon as a pet, thinking it a sithspawn due to its dark nature.

Who wins? Speed equalized. EU obviously

Yveltal. Even if vader kills him he dies to, sooooooo. Plus Vader would have a hard time reaching him without using the force. And that would leave vader open to an oblivian wing.

Yvetal spreads his wings and he dies, there's literally nothing Vader can do to kill Yvetal before he spreads his wings which he does first thing and even is he did the attack activates anyway.

Yvetal damn near stomps this.

As much as I like Vader, I have to vote for Yvetal. Just by being a Dark-Type Pokemon, Yveltal is automatically immune to any psychic or Force based ability Vader can hurl at him. Yvetal can also instantly kill anything (or nearly anything) with Oblivion Wing. And even if Vader somwhow manages to kill Yveltal, the latter will simply steal his lifeforce in the process of turning into a cocoon to fuel his resurrection. I can't see any possible way Vader walks out of this fight alive.

Yeah, imma have to go Yveltal for reasons above. Though the psychic immunity should be considered game mechanics and/or NLF. Vader CAN damage Yveltal with the force, but being in-character, Yveltal instantly wins via spreading it's wings.

About the mindhax, I see a lot of threads about Star Wars characters where they instantly win based on that. Almost NO ONE in SW start with mindhax a fight. Vader is primarily a swordsman, and always starts it's battle with the lightsaber, only using mindhax to gain advantages in that field (refer to Vader vs Luke).

I know that, Cropfist. But being automatically resistant to anything psychic you're opponet throws at you even though is as, if not, stronger than you? Yeah, I don't think so.

And both Star Wars and Pokémon are my favorite verses. In case someone call me bias or something.

I╠ ╠Âa╠Âm╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Â"╠Âo╠Âp╠Âp╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠Ât╠Â"╠Â?╠Â

Both are multi-continent and it's been resisted on the same level before.

Vader is stronger than someone who is stronger than someone who is stronger than someone who scale to a Multi-Continent feat (and is probably stronger, too). He should be at the higher end of the spectrum.

Show me where Yveltal resisted an attack (psychic, specifically) in that magnitud, as well as resistance to mindhax in the same caliber as Vader's (not that it truly matters, since Vader is not going to mindhax him as his first move), and I'll concede.

Yveltal: imma dodge and kill you know.

And with speed equalized, is definitively faster to just... Spread wings, compared to drowing an object and it getting to you.

@Ambus

Well... Given OP didn't specify and Standard Battle Assumptions dictates that they start as far away as their range allow, with a maximun of 4 km... You know what I'm going with this. And Yveltal can cover an entire region with it's shadow to active the ability with the wing spreading.

If we go by the most extreme scenario, they kill each other. But Yveltal can resurrect... Though I've forgotten how long that takes. So, Yveltal wins or Tie. But again, that is the most extreme and unlikely scenario.

Hahaha, that would actually be funny. Vader just effing with Yveltal for killing him. (Has been watching too much HISHE and Nostalgia Critic)

So, if you go with Yveltal that would be:

Yveltal: 6

Vader: 0

I'd argue Yveltal being immune to psychic attacks isn't an NLF simply because other stuff can affect him. It's just the opponent's luck that all he has offensively against Yveltal is psychic attacks.

>> immunity to anything related to psychic activity

This screams NLF on so many lvls...

What's Yveltal's resistance to mind hax? What's stopping Vader from redirecting Oblivion wing back at the thing?

Also no one is taking Vader's precog into account either, which would help him know what's coming before Yveltal makes its move. If the main argument for it winning is "No sells all psychic powers, gg", then you might want to look at this stuff again before selling Vader this short, because resistance does not equal immunity and saying that Yveltal no sells literally every psychic power - and by extension mind hax and Vader's other force hax based on that is, pure and simple, NLF.

Redirecting an attack is fine, given that it's not an actual direct psychic attack on Yveltal. Though Yveltal being the death manipulator he is, redirecting Oblivion Wing back at him is probably going to have a negligible effect on him.

Furthermore, the whole "Vader won't open with Force" does not apply here either.

They will start at a distance of 4KM following SBA. Vader wouldn't be silly enough to actually try to run 4 kilometers until he reaches a flying enemy so that he can jump and face it in melee range with the light saber instead of following the logical approach: Using force/mind hax with his stellar/galactic range.

Unless Yveltal has some broken mind and memory resistance that I'm not aware off, couple this with Darth Vader's precog and he has just as many - if not more - chances to simply mind screw it from the get go.

I'd argue that it isn't NLF here. Type immunities can not be bypassed by ANY pokemon as long as they don't come from an ability (disregarding a few nonsensical moments from the anime). Even psychic attacks from arceus or mewtwo will have no effect on even the weakest dark type pokemon. Considering Vader has the same AP as Yveltal, even if this was NLF, there is no reason why he should be an exception. Also, precognition won't give him the means to win the battle. It only helps if he has a chance to begin with. As others have said, if Yveltal dies, he will absorb Vader's life force and resurrect.

Lucafriz said:
Though Yveltal being the death manipulator he is, redirecting Oblivion Wing back at him is probably going to have a negligible effect on him.
Yeah, no. Unless he has a feat of resisting death manipulation, we assume he has no resistance to it (I legit had a question regarding a similar situation earlier today and that was the consensus). Oblivion Wing gets redirected, if it hits, its dead.

Are you actually arguing that someone like, let's say, GEOM can't mindscrew Yveltal? Also no Pokemon has mind manipulation on the level of Vader afaik.

And Arceus not affecting Yveltal is called game mechanics

FateAlbane said:
Lucafriz said:
Though Yveltal being the death manipulator he is, redirecting Oblivion Wing back at him is probably going to have a negligible effect on him.
Yeah, no. Unless he has a feat of resisting death manipulation, we assume he has no resistance to it (I legit had a question regarding a similar situation earlier today and that was the consensus). Oblivion Wing gets redirected, if it hits, its dead.
...How does he redirect Yveltal opening his wings back at him...?

FDrybob said:
But it is. It's no such thing as type immunity. It's resistance. It's like say, if a Gardevoir has resistance to the normal pull of gravity you tell me she can walk in and out of a black hole.

>>> Even psychic attacks from arceus or mewtwo will have no effect on even the weakest dark type pokemon.

>> Even psychic attacks from ARCEUS

/\ You just confirmed to me that you are making this one very big NLF. If Arceus throws a Psychic attack at Yveltal or any other pokemon, they will be dead before even knowing what hit them.

And give me proof of that whole "If it dies, it absorbs all the life force of the opponent even if it was just mind haxxed", otherwise not buying it.

What about phantom force, which cannot be predicted by precognition nor blocked by barriers? What about disable?

@Weekly Oblivion Wing is like a laser/beam. As far as I remember it's not this ultimate unavoidable AOE for all intents and purposes like people seem to be applying here.

FateAlbane said:
@Weekly Oblivion Wing is like a laser. As far as I remember it's not this ultimate unavoidable AOE for all intents and purposes like people seem to be applying here.
No, there are two versions, one that's a laser, one where Yveltal literally just opens its wings and everything dies

Also why would it dying by mind hax nullify its life force absorption upon death? That doesnt make any sense.

@Weekly Where did that happen? Don't remember of the top of my head.

Also even if we assume Yveltal will open with this, Darth Vader still has precog to know what's coming and more than enough range to mind screw it before it does that. So yeah. 50/50 even in these conditions.

@Weekly Why would it necessarily die because it was Mind/Memory Haxxed? It could get mind screwed to utter incapacitation and still be alive. Also I still want to see proof for this whole "absorbs all life of the opponent and resurrects" after seeing that some people on the thread are going as far as telling me that Arceus can't affect Yveltal with a Psychic Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back