• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Adam Taurus

How is this any different from Adam vs Maul? Adam's sword gets sliced the moment it touches Vader's lightsaber.

Also, unlike Maul, Vader is less of a duelist and won't have any reservations just force choking Adam.
Why would adam's sword get sliced? Its coated in aura.

Adam's lifting strength and higher AP allows him to resist TK

Literally just scroll down and see why it's not consistent.

Literally just scroll down and see why it's not consistent.
Reading through that thread and wow the arguments are absolute garbage.

If Aura didnt extend to weapons then Adam's semblance literally would not exist.

Give me a few minutes and i'll grab scans because aura does in fact cover weapons as a verse standard

From the same thread:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Aura depicted a covering the weapon as well as the user

"All of our tools and equipment are conduits for Aura."

A lightsaber would still cut through Adam’s sword like butter.

It being coated with aura won’t save it from being sliced apart.

A lightsaber would still cut through Adam’s sword like butter.

It being coated with aura won’t save it from being sliced apart.
Thats...thats literally what aura does though? Literally Aura's main defensive property is a barrier that prevents the user and their equipment from being cut apart

Thats...thats literally what aura does though? Literally Aura's main defensive property is a barrier that prevents the user and their equipment from being cut apart
And a lightsaber….is still a freaking lightsaber. The damn thing is known to cut. Like I don’t think Adam’s sword is withstanding just straight plasma. Adam himself is not withstanding straight plasma.

And a lightsaber….is still a freaking lightsaber. The damn thing is known to cut. Like I don’t think Adam’s sword is withstanding just straight plasma. Adam himself is not withstanding straight plasma.
My guy, even in star wars lightsabers dont cut through forcefields, and Aura has feats of protecting the wielder against plasma as they can withstand natural lightning. So yes, he can in fact withstand plasma as characters in Rwby have done so before thanks to their aura.

My guy, even in star wars lightsabers dont cut through forcefields, and Aura has feats of protecting the wielder against plasma as they can withstand natural lightning. So yes, he can in fact withstand plasma as characters in Rwby have done so before thanks to their aura.
Well from the links you posted.

How do we know that Grimm is shooting out plasma? Like straight natural lightning plasma, is there any evidence of that? Because it just looking like lighting doesn’t make it so.

Lava is nowhere near the temperature of plasma blades, that’s around what 700-1000 C

Penny slicing airships reaches about 1500 C

For reference, plasma blades like the lightsaber can range from 8000 to 25000 C

the other thing is that a lightsaber is pure concentrated plasma. So if you’re say clashing with a lightsaber blade, the contact going to be for more extended periods of time

In fact we’ve seen right in RWBY that weapons such as Pyrrha’s weapons break under high heat. So why wouldn’t the lightsaber be able to do the same?

How do we know that Grimm is shooting out plasma? Like straight natural lightning plasma, is there any evidence of that? Because it just looking like lighting doesn’t make it so.
Word of God, the writers confirmed that it is real lightning. Additionally, the characters can withstand being hit with Lightning Dust, which is crystalized and weaponized natural lightning
For reference, plasma blades like the lightsaber can range from 8000 to 25000 C

the other thing is that a lightsaber is pure concentrated plasma. So if you’re say clashing with a lightsaber blade, the contact going to be for more extended periods of time
I am well aware of how lightsabers work, im one of the Star Wars knowledgeable members here
In fact we’ve seen right in RWBY that weapons such as Pyrrha’s weapons break under high heat. So why wouldn’t the lightsaber be able to do the same?
Because the only time that happened was from Cinder's semblance, which scales above everything else in the series. The lightsaber wouldnt do so because aura has feats of blocking heat on the level of a lightsaber. Cinder's heat just scales significantly higher.

Last edited:
Mine won't be as long, but I'll still go into stuff.

It sounds like the two might be even, then. The jedi as a whole are trained from childhood to utilize either lightsaber combat, or the Force. Similar to Ruby, Anakin was exceptional among his piers, impressing both Windu, Obi Wan, and Palpatine at the age of 13 by defeating a mock of Darth Maul. He got the information about Maul fights from Obi Wan himself, having asked detailed questions -- and still managed to swiftly defeat him. It's more important that he impressed Palpatine, though.

Anakin had gotten so skilled that, even before becoming a Jedi Knight, he managed to hold his own against a suppressed Count Dooku in a prolonged confrontation. Windu and Yoda were stated to be Dooku's only equal or better respectively. Anakin then proved to able to overcome the Count during their final bout in Revenge of the Sith.

Throughout the entirety of the Clone War, Anakin has managed to match or overwhelm numerous duelists who have been training for decades, such as Cin Drallgis, Asajj Ventress, Barris Offee, numerous Magna Guards (trained specifically to fight Jedi) and near the end with Obi Wan Kenobi. As Darth Vader, when gaining his cybernetic suit, Vader took on groups of Inquisitors -- specifically trained to hunt and kill Jedi -- with a casual air, and could kill groups of Jedi with almost no difficulty.

I might give Vader the slight edge imo. He's gone against and bested or held against some of the top duelists in his verse. He's only considered more terrifying in the suit.
I mean, to be fair so has Adam, and while Star wars has a lot of skill feats, Rwby characters scaling above Velvet's Taskmaster-style combat mimicry alone is a really, really good skill feat

Lightning was very visibly redirected, not tanked.

Synthetic lava designed to not kill students unless you mean to tell me Beacon willingly puts their students in real physical danger in an exhibition tournament (Of which, Penny getting killed shouldn't have came as a shock to anyone).

The only good and legitimate feat.

However.

Yeah no please explain to me how this happened.

Lightning was very visibly redirected, not tanked.
And what was it redirected by?

Also, completely forgot this but Nora outright absorbed lightning through her weapon during the Vytal Festival, and she has canonically withstood natural lightning before as it is the way she learned what her semblance was (Cant find the clip of it atm but it was in the episode Lighting the Fire)
Synthetic lava designed to not kill students unless you mean to tell me Beacon willingly puts their students in real physical danger in an exhibition tournament (Of which, Penny getting killed shouldn't have came as a shock to anyone).
I mean, Weiss was visibly burnt in the scene immediately after that, and this is the same tournament where the students are allowed to use live ammunition and bladed weaponry to fight each other, so...
However.

Yeah no please explain to me how this happened.
Easy, Moonslice is a huge damage amp that is consistently depicted as being significant enough that, when coupled with Adam's bladed weapon, it is able to outright cut through the opponent's Aura (in the same fight Adam cut through Yang's aura with Moonslice and left a large gash in her metal arm).

So you're telling me Aura can't be channel through Cinder's Grimm arm but it can be channeled through Yang's prothestic?

Also he did not Moonslice Blake's weapon away, he normally sliced it.

Edit: Wait no he Moonsliced it.

So you're telling me Aura can't be channel through Cinder's Grimm arm but it can be channeled through Yang's prothestic?
Y...yes? Thats been a canon thing for years. Cinder's arm explicitly cant because grimm are the antithesis of the soul and outright destroy aura if someone tries to channel aura into them. They even make a point of saying this in the fight against Raven.

In the food fight they cover their food with their aura, making them more durable

This hasn't been retconned as ice queendom (a au that was supported by the cannon rwby writers), show them covering their food with their auras

(Exaple is weiss' Swordfish was floppy like a normal fish but then becomes a solid hard when she covers it in her aura as shown by that glow), remember ice queendom came out in 2022 so this proves this hasn't been retconed

Back