• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Nihilus vs Ashera

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Sorry guys for the spam, I've wanted this for a long time.

(Insert Speed Bullshit here)

Ashera: 7 (Dark, Glass, Yo, Knight, F Witch, Wok, Phoenix)

Darth Nihilus: 7 (Repp, Ever, Kill, Hellbeast, WHYNAUGHT, Kep, Vel)

I feel like it'll be one of those actually-really-broken-but-the-page-doesn't-cover-it deals.

Oh...

Oh...

Well then

Well, in battle, Nihil (Granted by Mantle) negates everything that isn't the opponents weapon (and Nihil, because reasons), including passive abilities (Such as Aurora)

Also, I don't really think Nihilus' speech would work on Ashera, well, at least not permanently, unless it also prevents Resurrection

Ashera's Nihil nulls various hax abilities. Which includes things like healing factors, durability negation, Attack Reflection, the ability to perform special techniques, ect. It doesn't null abilities that come from weapons however.

Additionally, couldn't Ashera just petrify Nihilus and/or warp reality with 1000 year judgement? Ashera's also got Attack Reflection with her Decoys. Which she's 100% invulnerable till all 8 of her decoys are taken out, but all of those decoys also have attack reflection that happens automatically despite attack being used. Although, doesn't work on other characters with Nihil.

Pretty sure that's her Aura barrier, not decoys

Also, Nihil does work on Nihil users, it's just Nihil that isn't Nihil'd by Nihil

Nihilus wins via Nihil not nulling Nihil ovo

That's what I meant, but the Aurora barriers due look like clones of her on map. And all 8 of them still need to be taken out.

And I know that, I simply meant Attack Reflection doesn't work on Nihil users. Of course Nihil does, it just doesn't Nihil Nihil. Also, Attack reflection does equal amount of damage dealt to the Aurora barrier; meaning it's extra potent in threads where Ashera's a glass cannon.

I should mention that Nihilus has a massive AP advantage, since he can do exaton level attacks with a thought.

Ashera lost to Kratos in the High 6-A royale. Who doesn't have hax that works on a planetary scale.

So...why are we assuming Ashera nulls when the experts of the verse agreed with her losing to a guy who doesn't have offensive hax on Nihilus's level?

In the High 6-A Royale, people were outright saying that Mantle was worthless to anything that isn't in FE

I just eventually gave up arguing against it

I'll make the same question as I did in the royale. That is, what is the best thing Nihil has nulled?

It's not NLF, that's the same thing as saying Nihilus can mind hax characters outside of Star Wars is NLF. Some of those abilities from Radiant Dawn are actually quite decent hax, Durability negation, Healing factor, Attack Reflection, paralysis, sleep manipulation, ect. It just doesn't work on hax that comes from weapons, it still nulls hax that naturally comes from the characters themselves.

Anyway, Ashera's Attack Reflection is equal to the damage her Aurora barrier fragment receives. Meaning if Nhilius uses an attack that could kill Ashera 10x over, then Nihilus would kill himself 10x over.

@Kep

That would be skills that are manually activated like Aether, which cuts the target's defense in half and heals the user for the damage dealt, and the instant-kill Lethality skill.

Has she ever nullified a passive, several-billion strong Mind Manipulation? If not, has she at least nullified planetary haxes?

Not sure if mind manipulation works on a powerful/non-corporeal goddess without any sort of emotions.

Not sure why the scale of the hax matters when it comes to PN, unless said PN needs to explicitly overpower the hax it's nullifying.

@Saikou

Well, suggesting otherwise would mean that Ashera is immune to all special powers period.

Same reason why Lavos's Power Mimicry didn't copy Doom's hax, if you forgive me for tainting your minds with memories of that thread.

Doesn't work like that.

With Power Mimicry you must still replicate that power on your own. It's why you can't assume something far out of their league.

Meanwhile PN doesn't require you to overpower hax usually. You just prevent it from being used in the first place.

It depends from the mechanics of the power null.

If it's overpowering your ability, scale matters.

If you are preventing the activation, not too much.

If you can destroy my soul with a word but I can make you mute, do I need feats of nulling soul hax?

^ What I'm saying. If you just disable the activation of such abilities, scale usually doesn't matter.

That's still a NLF. A type of Power Mimicry that directly replicates hax from the second it is used might have been able to replicate, say, the abilities of a sword that deletes time on a local range, but that doesn't mean it can replicate the abilities of a much better sword that deletes time from the entire universe.

Except that mechanics matter.

If i'm not acting on the power, but on the source (you) it depends from how they interact.

Again, if you can soulscrew me with a word, but a thought from me takes away your ability to speak, you'll never pronounce that word, so it doesn't matter what said word can do.

Edit: Talking about power null here

Back