• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on! Dark Souls got upgraded to star level? Please tell me Friede scales to this, because if so, Friede vs Lady Maria must happen!

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on! Dark Souls got upgraded to star level? Please tell me Friede scales to this, because if so, Friede vs Lady Maria must happen!
lady maria is large star level

Going to be that guy, but I don't think the current justifications in the profiles are enough.

I agree with 4-C, but the current justifications are lacking in detail. CU just says he killed Gwyn, and Gwyn's just says he is the most powerful of the lords. Nothing is mentioned about the sun fading if the fire does, so someone just wandering in to look is going to be seriously confused at the jump.

Kepekley23 said:
What's the consensus here?
star level lords of cinder, large star to solar sistem ashen one and soul of cinder, city clock low-tier bosses, and country level for dragon tier bosses, and massively hypersonic+ for everybody

The top tiers's speed should be: "Relativistic+ with Speed of Light attack speed".

Im still do not get why you want to give characters 4c for unproven potential energy. Nothing indicates they can procure this much energy without sacrificing themselves to the First Flame.

In my potential it should just be "4C when Sacrificing to the First Flame"

I mean, there is nothing indicating this kind of power, not a single hint. All that there is is this really dodgy scaling to First Flame = Sun and that's messy too, considering the behavior of the Dark Souls Sun.

FlowSenpai said:
What tier would Gael be in the Ringed City DLC?
It depends; the Abyss corrupted the Abyss Watchers in that game so it may be stronger than it was in dark souls 1

Firestorm808 said:
This doesn't pertain to the thread, but Dark Souls: Remastered on PC and Switch!
I heard on other threads; it's amazing and it's pretty ironic that we started these upgrades around the time it was announced.

Graphics

• Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
  • Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
  • Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)
Multiplayer

• The password matchmaking system from Dark Souls III is being implemented in the Dark Souls remaster.
  • This time around up to six players can be in the same online instance at once, either in PvE or PvP, up from 4 players.
  • Better still, for the first time the game will use dedicated servers rather than peer-to-peer, which should make summoning and invading far smoother.

I just want the first game, with the second game's weapon/armor/spell variety, with the third one's graphics

Is that so much to ask?

The Everlasting said:
The first game's combat is honestly really sluggish compared to II and III, lol.
It is, but I still love it a little more (maybe if dark souls 2 power stance and 1 handing a weapon allowed you to the weapon arts and you had dark souls 1 poise it would be perfect).

Monarch Laciel said:
Oh yeah, meant to say third one's smoothness.
I was saying to myself the graphics of dark souls 3 are actually pretty terrible (have you seen the player characters skin; they look like they're made of metal).

Monarch Laciel said:
Eh, that's just bad textures.

DS3 Graphics are easily the best out of all the games.
Bad textures = bad graphics in my opinion but of course it's going to have the best graphics it was made only 2 or 3 years ago. (Actual I like bloodborne graphics a lot more; they where very pretty and had a nice tone to it).

The Everlasting said:
The first game's combat is honestly really sluggish compared to II and III, lol.
1 more sluggish than 2? I found 2 to be incredibly sluggish and terrible. Rolling was terrible, and so was the weapon swinging. DS1 felt far more fluid with my biggest gripe being how big the back-stab window was, which was really only a PVP issue. Dark Souls 1 is better in nearly every way. The only thing I like better about DS2 is the atmosphere.

Dark Souls 3 is probably overall the best one, though that's to be expected since it's a different generation than the previous games.

Nah, DS1 is the best one overall. Compared to DS3, it's got better everything except for graphics and the speed of the gameplay.

Though DS2 had the best weapon/spell/armor varieties and movesets (Red Iron Winblades woo)

What exactly does Dark Souls 1 do better than 3? Beyond graphics and fluidity of gameplay, it also has better PVP (no dreaded backstab abuse, more covenants, can reallocate stats, a better arena mode, boss based PVP), better boss design, better sound effects, better DLC etc... The only thing I can think of that DS1 did the best out of all of them is how the entire world felt very interconnected.

Although for some reason, I kinda liked how the worlds in Demon's Souls were isolated (this game and Bloodborne have the best atmosphere for me, but this is subjective).

I was including PvP in better gameplay.

But when I was playing though DS3, it never felt truly epic. Sure the feeling of defeating a boss was still great, but the rest of it just felt... bland. Plus it ripped off so much from DS3, and almost completely ignored DS2, which annoyed me.

I don't know exactly what it is. But put it this way... I have played through the entire DS1 about 50 times over, and I still love playing through it.

DS3, I got bored of after 4 playthroughs.

I think it's because ds3 has more technical problems; there's many times when the mechanics don't work (poise being nerfed to nothingness, npc's having infinite stamina and mana, armor not being ungradable). Also Ds3 apparently went through development Hell so many ideas got cut or change drastically.

Keeweed said:
I think it's because ds3 has more technical problems; there's many times when the mechanics don't work (poise being nerfed to nothingness, npc's having infinite stamina and mana, armor not being ungradable). Also Ds3 apparently went through development Hell so many ideas got cut or change drastically.
Valid points. Though I prefer armor not being upgradable. Dark Souls as a whole already requires a lot of grinding, and having to worry about maxing out every piece of a certain armor just added more to the monotony.

Valid points. Though I prefer armor not being upgradable. Dark Souls as a whole already requires a lot of grinding, and having to worry about maxing out every piece of a certain armor just added more to the monotony.

The thing is that while dark souls had a lot of grinding you didn't need to do it to complete the game. Giant Armor still has massive defense even if you don't upgrade it and that's what I loved about it. Also the way armor work was completely different in DS3. In dark souls 3 it was absorption and percent based while in dark souls 1 it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back