• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Chosen Undead should be CB to Small City+ in base, Country level by mid-game and Star level by the end of the game.

Later i will upgrade:

Manus, Seath, Nito, Fume Knight, Yhorm, Kalameet and Sir Alonne to 4-C.

Lothric and Lorian, the Nameless King to 4-B. Base Smough might remain at 8-A like his amped version, Ornstein, Artorias, Lautrec and Solaire to Low 7-B.

Dark649 said:
Later i will upgrade:

Lothric and Lorian, the Nameless King to 4-B. Base Smough might remain at 8-A like his amped version, Ornstein, Artorias, Lautrec and Solaire to Low 7-B.
Did you read the thread!?

Ornstein should be country level, so should Artorias, and solaire should be city, then country, then star. Kalameet should not be star level he got crippled by gough. Manus shouldn't be star level either because if he is then that means Artorias is star level for not getting obliterated by him.

Dark649 said:
Later i will upgrade:

manus and seath have nothing that would put them at 4-C,

lothric and lorian should only be 4-C, the ashen one gets a power up before the fight with the soul of cinder so they shouldn't scale and just because the nameless king is a harder boss fight than the Soul of cinder, it doesn't mean it's stronger

ornstein is 6-B for killing everlasting dragons, smough is comparable to him and is able to crush him, solaire should be 4-C too for being comparable to end-game chosen undead, for being able to hurt hollow gwyn and for beacause myazaki said he would be able to link the fire

Well, if we assume that the Bearer of the Curse claimed the throne and linked the fire, we would have to assume that the shards of Manus are probably 4-C, given how they tend to be the Bearer's more prominent opponents. Manus being that tier would make more sense conceptually. I disagree about Sir Alonne and Raime being anywhere near that level though, given how there aren't any accolades that indicate they are even comparable to the Knights of Gwyn. I agree about Lothric and Lorian being 4-C, and the Nameless King being 4-C as well.

That hardly seems to be enough evidence to indicate that these minuscule shards are stronger than their Father. The dialogue from Vendrick seems to indicate that they aren't even close in strength to the being that they were originally apart of. Heck, many of these shards are described as being weak and fragile, especially Nashandra who is regarded as the weakest of the shards of Manus. Regardless, not all of the shards absorbed strength from a king. Vendrick seemed to be the only one who was close to becoming a "true monarch" based on dialogue from Aldia. We don't even know if the other three kings had the potential to become Lords of Cinder to begin with.

He's not, it's just that the creator of dark souls 2 wanted Manus to be a bigger part of the story but didn't know how to do it properly, the bearer can still light the flame like ever other protagonist.

Which honestly makes little sense conceptually given how the opponents that the BOTC faces aren't very noteworthy, compared to those faced in the other soul entries. DS2 is strange in regards to how the flame is light, and it seems to make more sense that the BOTC abandoned the throne seeking a more permanent solution to the curse.

While I love the ending where they left the flame; I still think it was just the dark souls 2 team not really understanding myizka's weird subconscious desire to make his characters star level.

The thing is, his statistics are too questionable for my liking. The shards were consistently treated as just that, mere fragments of a much greater entity in which would merely attempt to manipulate their respective chosen ruler. He had generally faced opponents who were a part of a kingdom that had never encountered threats on the likes of those seen during the age of ancients and the first age of fire. The BOTC transitioning to star level seems to be based on pure coincidence and plot, much like the Ashen One getting a ridiculous boost in strength between his confrontations with the Princes and the SOC.

Will atleast the ashen one got an entire cutscene for the power boost; the bearer can do it because he's a dark souls protagonist.

That cutscene consisted of obtaining power from five of the most recent Lords of Cinder, who could very well have been the weakest. Sure, the Princes never linked the fire, so they never relinquished their power, but at the same time it is clearly evident that they are practically shadows of their former selves. Lorian is shown to have become a crippled knight, while Lothric has seen better days. A fragile being using his cripple brother as support. Pretty sad, and this still makes little sense given what the SOC represents as a whole.

I still think we should chalk it up to the dark souls 2 team not knowing why the final bosses were important to the lore, and just not scale Nashandra to the bearer and put a note on her page saying she's to inconsistent to scale to the bearer.

Overlord775 said:
maybe manus could be 4-C, he created the abyss and the abyss currupted the abyss watchers
But that would mean Artorias has 4-c durability for not get obliterated by Manus, plus i'm Pretty sure the Abyss grows on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back