• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange vs Voldemort (MCU vs Harry Potter) (7-0-0) (Grace)

Figured this would be a fun debate. MCU Dr. Strange vs Voldemort

Conditions:
  • Speed is Equal
  • Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange is used (9-A version)
  • Both have prior knowledge of each other
  • Both are bloodlusted
  • Fight takes place on Titan
If this fight is unbalanced at all, I can change Dr. Strange's key or put him up against a different wizard

Who Wins?
Sorcerer Supreme: 7 (LephyrTheRevanchist, Dalesean027, Stillwinston, Popted2, CoreOfimBalance(COB), Robo, DarlingAurora)
The Dark Lord: 0 ()
Incon: 0 ()
1e45b17e7bb90877bdb6529c36b524ca.jpg
9158d6185d62d1f2262d8b37de776df6.jpg

Last edited:
What will Strange lead with here? Voldemort will likely lead with avada kadavra in a fight regardless of prior knowledge afaik

Noted, Voldemort also usually spams teleporting to make himself a hard target to hit. Strange using barriers may not help here as its stated in the books iirc that the killing curse says no to things like Protego hence why witches and wizards resort to dodging the attack. Legilimency won't work as Strange resists mind manip, Voldemort's immortality isn't combat applicable anyway. Remind me again how fast can Strange pull BFRs?

Probably the mirror dimension or something to attempt a BFR
This is post-training Strange, he doesn't start with that.

He has an immense lack of fighting experience, particularly against other sorcerers. However, the Eye of Agamoto is op as hell, and he's more than willing to (ab)use it.

Unfortunately, the thing he truly starts with are forcefields and energy whips iirc. As mentioned above, forcefields do not block the killing curse, which is right there a GG from the start.

Well he has prior knowledge (Whatever that entails) and is bloodlusted so would him opening with the eye not be out of the question? Would Strange's second key be more viable?

Well he has prior knowledge (Whatever that entails) and is bloodlusted so would him opening with the eye not be out of the question? Would Strange's second key be more viable?
The killing curse is faster than opening the eye and then cast the spell.

Second key gives Strange waaaay greater options, indeed. Particularly movement to dodge with his portals (though I would argue Voldy's teleport is better)

Aight Strange has a lot more versatlity and experience going for him now, he could do smth like transmute Vol's wand into a pencil for example. Using the cloak to wrap Vol won't do much as he can teleport and fly though.

Dk if it's actually relevant if Vold will go for it but strange does resist mind manip if I'm not mistaken since I saw that brought up earlier

Alrighty, Sorcerer Supreme Strange is a beast. I favor him way more, not only through versatility, but also applicable combat skills. Voldy is pretty much the strongest of his verse. There aren't many able to put up even a glimpse of a challenge. Which means his actual combat experience against comparable if not superior opponents is quite lacking.

Strange pretty much fought toe to toe with Thanos. A pretty crazy feat went Thanos pretty much can outskill warriors of the caliber of Captain America and Thor with less experience than the one Strange fought. This included even on the usage of magic-like abilities from the infinity gauntlet.

This is the same Thanos that managed to adapt and counter Spiderman's agility and insanely broken spider sense, assisted by Strange's portals.

Strange managed to tag him couple of times. Voldy's teleport and flight, his main movement and positioning options are basically neutralized.

The mirror dimension would be an instant win con here, which he does show mastery of, something his other self lacked.

Even with Voldy's teleport and range spam, Strange will be able to capture him eventually. Is a matter of if Voldy can kill him before that.

And I personally don't think so. With portals, Strange is pretty much safe from avada kedavra, and any other offensive spell of Voldy is blocked by way superior forcefields.

My vote goes to Strange.

Dk if it's actually relevant if Vold will go for it but strange does resist mind manip if I'm not mistaken since I saw that brought up earlier
Even with bloodlust, I don't think Voldy's best option is mind manip. His stuff take quite a bit of time to pull off, even with Harry, someone who should be easier to mind manip for him as he didn't master mental defenses and also shares a piece of Voldy's soul.

So is not as relevant as the killing curse or even fiendfyre would be here. Voldy needs all the AoE he can get because Strange's own mobility and assistance through his clones could overwhelm him quickly if he doesn't act.

Back