• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Voldemort

Vader's precog and ridiculous range instantly Incapacitates Tom, magic barriers cant block force abilities as the force "doesnt travel" or have physical properties also the massive gap in lifting strength also means Voldemort has no answer to getting rag dolled.

Telekinesis takes care of any wand based spells
Force choke takes care of any verbal spells.
Superior AP and pseudo dura negation with lightsaber means close fight would lean towards vader

Cruciatus Curse Will only increase Vader's power as pain amps up dark side users
Imperius Curse: Vader resists
Killing Curse: can be deflected with force barries and dodged via precog

Vader's precog and ridiculous range instantly Incapacitates Tom, magic barriers cant block force abilities as the force "doesnt travel" or have physical properties also the massive gap in lifting strength also means Voldemort has no answer to getting rag dolled.

Superior AP and pseudo dura negation with lightsaber means close fight would lean towards vader
And Grindelwald, would he be capable of a better fight?

Iirc Vol can do non verbal magic but can't remember if it can be done wandless but he did use it a lot versus Dumbledore, plus the killing curse ignored magic barriers and was stated to be unblockable in the novels by magic hence why wizards dodged it or hid behind inanimate objects. He could also summon his flame basilisk or death eaters to appairite to his side. Regardless I don't see much of this impeding Vader much.

EDIT: Vol could disarm Vader of his saber via Expelliarmus, that spell doesn't interact with LS afaik. Granted Vader could just recall it but Vol could get rid of it by turning it into an animal. Even then Vader can still force choke gg

Last edited:
Voldemort has the highest form of legilimency, which will prevent Vader from attacking or defending more effectively
Defensive spells in HP are primarily Hax. So the Force can be canceled or reflected, Just like Vader has no resistance from magic
Even Hermione can do magic without a wand (yelling, it's obvious that Tom can, although he's already demonstrated it)
Students in the 5th year study non-verbal (mental) spells
Then a long-range fight for Tom :unsure:

EDIT: Vol could disarm Vader of his saber via Expelliarmus, that spell doesn't interact with LS afaik. Granted Vader could just recall it but Vol could get rid of it by turning it into an animal. Even then Vader can still force choke gg
Tom can simply teleport at the moment of strangulation and the attack will be canceled

Vader just deflects with his ligthsaber and precog....

He crushes Voldy's heart and be done with it
If he kills Voldemort then his spirit will attempt to posses Vader, can he resist that? Iirc he tries to do that after losing to Harry in book 1 but couldn't due to horcrux stuff

He crushes Voldy's heart and be done with it
Tom just turns a bucket into a snake🐍
I might be wrong but I don't think either of these would be in-character. As far as I know Vadar has never used telekinesis that way, unless he does in some show or prequel or something I haven't seen. Pretty sure Voldemort never uses transmutation like that in combat, instead going for killing curses and big fire spells and stuff.

I might be wrong but I don't think either of these would be in-character. As far as I know Vadar has never used telekinesis that way, unless he does in some show or prequel or something I haven't seen. Pretty sure Voldemort never uses transmutation like that in combat, instead going for killing curses and big fire spells and stuff.
Voldemort used transfiguration in the battle against Dumbledore

To be Blunt, I haven't seen Tom use his possession after somebody murks him so even if combat-applicible it doesn't seem to be in-character
I might be wrong but I don't think either of these would be in-character. As far as I know Vadar has never used telekinesis that way, unless he does in some show or prequel or something I haven't seen.
He does it in his comic series to torture a jedi for information...

Otherwise, Vader can just like, hold back enough to knock Tom out even if Possession is in-character. Vader isn't afraid of using his precog to see things coming and even in canon Force User Precog is good enough to see possession coming.

HspnBYRSyzE.jpg

To be Blunt, I haven't seen Tom use his possession after somebody murks him so even if combat-applicible it doesn't seem to be in-character

He does it in his comic series to torture a jedi for information...

Otherwise, Vader can just like, hold back enough to knock Tom out even if Possession is in-character. Vader isn't afraid of using his precog to see things coming and even in canon Force User Precog is good enough to see possession coming.
Well, what kind of series is he and no one else killed before the spirit form? At least in the fifth part, he showed how he gets into Harry, it should be the same thing.

Again, you and I have discussed this thread, and you have not given any counter arguments in favor of how foresight is better than Tom's reading thoughts.

And yeah, don't use the movie for these profiles--
Well, what kind of series is he and no one else killed before the spirit form? At least in the fifth part, he showed how he gets into Harry, it should be the same thing.
I wouldn't use anything surrounding Harry Potter as an in-character action for Tom when fighting a guy he knows nothing about.
Again, you and I have discussed this thread, and you have not given any counter arguments in favor of how foresight is better than Tom's reading thoughts.
Precognition would tell Vader about him being possessed if he murked Tom my dude. Not that hard.

Vader prefers to start the fight using his lightsaber and generally uses it more often than offensive Force telekinesis. He would likely deflect projectiles using his lightsaber instead, though that won't be a problem if Vader is strong enough but I can't tell if he is because this profile is trash

I think Voldemort would only win if he can beat Vader in that timeframe before he starts using the force

I wouldn't use anything surrounding Harry Potter as an in-character action for Tom when fighting a guy he knows nothing about.
Well, I wouldn't say that this is a unique case, but Voldemort, after his repulsed attack, also immediately possessed animals and hid in their bodies, fearing that he would be discovered by wizards

Vader prefers to start the fight using his lightsaber and generally uses it more often than offensive Force telekinesis. He would likely deflect projectiles using his lightsaber instead, though that won't be a problem if Vader is strong enough but I can't tell if he is because this profile is trash

I think Voldemort would only win if he can beat Vader in that timeframe before he starts using the force
I'm just not sure if Anakin will be able to affect Tom's spiritual form if he can kill him.

Well, I wouldn't say that this is a unique case, but Voldemort, after his repulsed attack, also immediately possessed animals and hid in their bodies, fearing that he would be discovered by wizards
But not who he was fighting.... hmm...

Eh, I'd list it as not a stomp due to that
I'm just not sure if Anakin will be able to affect Tom's spiritual form if he can kill him.
Yeah Vader isn't Palpatine, though I'd argue his soul is a pain in the ass to deal with

Well, Sidious really has a better chance against Voldemort, because he showed how he can exist in a spiritual form.
Yeah but Sidious doesn't have a Darkside spirit thing that can reduce anything it doesn't like to it's constituent atoms... but in the mind.

Yeah but Sidious doesn't have a Darkside spirit thing that can reduce anything it doesn't like to it's constituent atoms... but in the mind.
Probably, against Sidious, you can compare Grindelwald, who creates Protego Diabolica, and this spell, in turn, burns everyone who somehow ideologically disagrees with him

I honestly doubt that the Death Curse would even work on Vader since he is literally already dead within the inside lol

Back