• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
High Mid actually.
And High Mid that relies on your head being in one Piece no less.
But

But that's not High-Mid at all

That's just Low-Mid since it implies her head being damaged would kill her.

That's actually not true.

High Mid Regenerationn simply requires you can regenerate your body from a chunk, no matter how important that is to your regen

High-End has this regen for that same reason. Yet dies cause his head got destroyed.

You can regenerate your body after decapitation, yet not the destroyed head.

That feels... weird.

That makes Mid arguably better since you need to regen the head/brain for that.

Then again wasn't Regenerationn being revised?

Mid regen can heavily vary, some Mid Regenerationn, can heal half the body but not the head.

Vague and undefined regen, what joy.

Anyway, I'm assuming this is a Shiki Tohno case where it's not EE but a really potent version of a Manip, like Shiki's death manip killing the concept. Only in this case, it's neither death nor concept manip.

It sounds like really strong TK to me when I read the profile. Which makes this LMAO tier.

Schnee One said:
Or it being threatening to characters with Low Godly
Which King asked a while ago
That's only one of the things I was asking for.

The other thing I wanted a source for was Flandre always, 100% starting with this move no matter what. Which I'm still waiting for, by the way.

She doesn't

It's just that because we don't put spell card restrictions in versus matches we assume she does.

Based on what?

If she doesn't open with it all the time, why would we assume that she does? That's nonsensical.

I mean she's literally banned from using her hax most of the time she's in a fight.

If you're fighting someone and your OP ability isn't redtricted why not use it.

Let me ask this, then. How many times has she fought without any restrictions or bans whatsoever, in canon? And out of those, how many times did she open up with the ability people are assuming she's going to open up with here?

Two times? Three times? Four times or more? Or has she only fought (or used this ability in a fight) one time, and that's what people are basing this off of?

If it's Scenario #1-3, all I want is proof that she started all of her unrestricted fights with this move, and I'll go away.

If it's Scenario #4, there's no proof that she's "100% going to start with this ability no matter what". At best you have informed speculation that she will, and in the end, having an OP power and using it right away no matter what are two different things.

Let's say you're lazy. You don't like fighting. You want to get stuff over with. You have a gun. You're allowed to fight someone. But you're not supposed to kill them so you're not allowed to use the gun.

And now in a VS battle, you're allowed to do whatever to kill that person.

Flan is that person. She will just use her usually fatal move immediately. Danmaku is about showing off and playing around, in a way similar to Dante's.

At the same time, we don't ever see her fight without using it first.... Instead of even trying to attack or slow down the meteor she dealt with, she immediately uses her ability to end it. Heck even on playing around (not even playfights) she has a habit of using it.

That's why, it's her goto ability.

There is zero reason to spam danmaku spell cards unless you're in a danmaku fight or aiming for danmaku overwhelming. Flan's go to has always been that power of destruction.

There is no anti-feat of her not using it, nor is there any other ability she loves spamming more than that. She's famous for it for a reason.

Mind you I think the best she's got here is tie or she loses though.

Idk, someone says Dante resists via Sparda but I don't even know what that means. Not even sure Destruction like that can be scaled.

Let me be clear

> First time vs a Meteor - Instead of even trying to attack or slow down the meteor she dealt with, she immediately uses her ability to end it. Heck even on playing around (not even playfights) she has a habit of using it.

> Not even fighitng and she has a tendency to use it on her playmates

> That's why, it's her goto ability.

So one time, she used it first (Meteor) + a large amount of times in non fight scenarios.

100% use rate

Here is what her profile from EOSD :

"Sister of the Devil

Flandre Scarlet

Ability: Destroying absolutely anything

The Extra Boss. Also the Mistress's younger sister.

She is a vampiric magical girl and has been the Scarlet Devil's younger sister for about 495 years. She cannot control herself, so generally she isn't let outside. She also doesn't try going out.

She idolizes her older sister Remilia, but her destructive power unconstrained far exceeds that of her sister's. Although she doesn't often get angry or anything, she's always peculiar, which makes it difficult for others to understand her.

Generally, vampires always attack humans without killing them in order to feed, but Flandre has only ever eaten food that has been served to her, so she doesn't know how to properly attack a human. Because of this, she can't limit herself and ends up blowing them away without leaving a drop of blood.

Speaking of which, she doesn't even know that what she always eats were once living humans. Her daily meals are made to look like foodstuffs such as cake and tea, after all...

Total of ten card attacks."

The bolded part + her interaction with the meteor confirm that her first move is pretty much always her ability that destroy without leaving a trace .

...So what you're saying is that she's only used it in combat once, and she's never used it on a person. At all.

You're saying she's going to start using this ability in a fight "100% of the time right off the bat no matter what" when she's never even been shown using the ability against people directly.

You're going to have to forgive me for thinking that's a bit ridiculous...

Edit: Ninja'd, but my point remains the same.

Okay, that settles it

Voting Dante via one shotting Flandre no matter what he decides to lead with due to the massive AP gap and her having High Mid reliant on her head. Since Dante is wielding nothing but spiritual devil arms her low godly means nothing

regardless if flandre's ability is erasure or not , it doesn't leave any trace of the target( her profile mention that she doesn't even leave a drop of blood when she blow up foes) wich i think is above what dante can regen .

unless dante leading one shot move move is thought based or faster than a fist clench , i'm pretty he loose .

or did i missed something ?

i just posted her profile wich said that she always blow up without a trace anyone she tries to attack when unrestrained by spellcard rules , wich only her ability can do that as far as we know .Outside of spell card rules she can't even hold back enough to not use it .

wich is confirmed with how she reacted against the meteor , instead of using danmaku wich would be far than enough for her low 2-C ap to destroy a meteor ,she instantly used her ability instead .

as i understood , touhou matches aren't restrained by their spell card rules, so flandre first move is obvious .

you still didn't awnser my question about if he have any moves that can one shot flandre that are thought based or faster than her ability .

MrKingOfNegativity said:
...So what you're saying is that she's only used it in combat once, and she's never used it on a person. At all.

You're saying she's going to start using this ability in a fight "100% of the time right off the bat no matter what" when she's never even been shown using the ability against people directly.

Let me add a little something to what I said.

Where is the proof that her "not being able to hold back enough to not obliterate people" isn't due to her, I don't know, having Low 2-C AP that would achieve that same effect if she doesn't hold back?

Because if there isn't any, then by that point you have no instance of her using it on a person whatsoever. Which makes this is an over-extrapolation, since the only proof left that she opens with that specific move all the time boils down to "she took out a meteor with it in combat once".

she used it everytime she tried to attack an human in a non spellcard rule situation , her profile state that , i posted it above but here it is again:

"Generally, vampires always attack humans without killing them in order to feed, but Flandre has only ever eaten food that has been served to her, so she doesn't know how to properly attack a human. Because of this, she can't limit herself and ends up blowing them away without leaving a drop of blood."

Only her ability to destroy is described as "blowing" things without leaving a trace. None of her other attacks even mention blowing stuff(https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Grimoire_of_Marisa/Flandre_Scarlet's_Spell_Cards) . So the " blowing without leaving a drop of blood" clearly refer to her ability.

here in her own words :"You know, everything has an 'eye'. If I squeeze that eye, it will go 'kaboom'. Huh? How did I get close enough to the shooting star to squeeze its eye? It was right here. Right in the palm of my hand. And not just the shooting star's eye, but the eye of everything is in my right hand. So all I have to do is give a little squeeze and..."

That was also her first move against a measly meteor , wich was also a non spell card situation .

This fight is also a non spell card rule situation and dante look like a human , the result is obvious .She will go for the clench

It doesn't say she used that ability every time she tried to attack a human. It says she ends up blowing people away without leaving a drop of blood because she can't limit her power at all.

Which Low 2-C AP can certainly achieve against a normal human. It doesn't even take one millionth of that amount of power to subatomize a human being, and unlike the notion of her "always using a very specific move 100% of the time no matter what", that interpretation meshes with the statement that she can't hold back her power when attacking someone.

So at this point, I believe I am correct in saying that you have no direct instance of her using this move on anything but the meteor, much less her using it in every combat scenario right off the bat no matter what the situation or who she's up against. And that neuters most of not all of the arguments made in her favor in this thread.

I'm voting for Dante based on Andy's reasons.

none of her other stuff even mention blowing stuff up( like i linked above) so it's clearly her ability that she herself refer as things blowing up . ( going kaboom)

And her leading move in a non spell card situation was to use her ability to blow the meteor . That alone is enough to say that she will use it in a non spell card situation like this fight.

you just dismiss statements and official profile to better suit your arguments .

I dismissed nothing. I read the statements you gave and came to a logical conclusion of my own, based on what was said in them. Anyone who reads my posts can see that for themselves.

If you don't like that, that's on you. My work here is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back